Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    BOS’s replacement has signed.

A free transfer of a young hungry player whose career stood still after signing for Leicester.

He sounds like a younger version of Jamie Mackie and doesn’t stop running. Hopefully he has more of an end product.
    Agents encourage players like this to go to prem clubs, but in reality it's not the best move for their career development.
    Hoping this lad realises this is great opportunity for him to relaunch himself, and gets his head down and works
    Warbs the Arsenal guy and Eustace give him all the guidance and support he will need to be a success.
    Just needs to look at Eze, BOS, Manning etc

Comment

Just seen his interview, seems like a really nice lad who’s got his head screwed on and wants to crack on and work hard. Another thing that was noticeable in the interview is he really feels humbled by joining QPR, something that a few years ago would not of been said. Just shows you again how far this team has come.

Comment

Sounds promising and wish him all the best.

Comment

Seems a bit of an underwhelming signing to me. How he proves me really wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
            Seems a bit of an underwhelming signing to me. How he proves me really wrong
            I have never heard of him before but he doesn’t sound like an underwhelming signing to me after reading up on his career.

He comes across as a player looking to make up for lost ground having not really been given a chance at Leicester. He also came from the Coventry youth ranks as did Callum Wilson and James Maddison and they haven’t done too badly.

Comment

Welcome George Thomas - and good luck with your QPR future.
              I've just watched a highlights reel of all George's goals for Coventry - to me although this was League 1, he scored some cracking goals and seems to have a good first touch.
              With the hunger to succeed and get his career back on track, I've got a good feeling about this lad. Seems to have his head screwed on right too.
              I think he'll be a great signing.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                Very encouraging signing , exactly the type of player we should be bringing in , young and hungry with a point to prove and didn’t cost a penny !

Comment

Superb interview, I like this fella.

Comment

He said he was happy to be here and is looking forward to next season ,tbf exactly what any player who signs for us is going to say .

Comment

Means nothing to me - maybe the best signing we ever made, maybe a damp squib. But, seems financially prudent and timely.... we need several signings so it's encouraging to have got the ball rolling quickly isn't it?

Comment

Good Luck George!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          He said he was happy to be here and is looking forward to next season ,tbf exactly what any player who signs for us is going to say .
                          Sometimes it's how things are said.

Comment

To be honest never heard of him? cant ever remember seeing him play, lets hope he's a gem

Comment

He scored a hat trick for Coventry u-23 against QPR u-23 in 2015. I was alledgedly then "we" started to monitor his development..
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Never heard of him and never seen him play (learnt not to judge players by YouTube videos, even if they are fun to watch)! He does come across well though in the interview and will obviously be keen to impress and give 100% by the sounds of it.

I think it's fair to have concerns though, I'm not convinced at the majority of signings Warburton has made in Kelly, Kane, Wallace, Pugh, Smith, Mlakar, Amos, Clarke...

Comment

Working...
                                X