Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the point?

Just realised......

our last game before lockdown was the 3-1 win at Preston. That win moved us from 47 points (a total that would have seen us relegated) to 50 points (a total that would have kept us up).

Basically, we became safe on 7th March and achieved absolutely nothing of value over the subsequent 9 games behind closed doors.

Yeah, I know it's easy to look back with hindsight but the way it's all panned out has left me dispirited and hollow feeling. Football without fans in attendance is garbage but there seems to be a worryingly large amount of couch-potatos who seem happy to lap it up.

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Just realised......

our last game before lockdown was the 3-1 win at Preston. That win moved us from 47 points (a total that would have seen us relegated) to 50 points (a total that would have kept us up).

Basically, we became safe on 7th March and achieved absolutely nothing of value over the subsequent 9 games behind closed doors.

Yeah, I know it's easy to look back with hindsight but the way it's all panned out has left me dispirited and hollow feeling. Football without fans in attendance is garbage but there seems to be a worryingly large amount of couch-potatos who seem happy to lap it up.
    Beats watching Eastenders don’t it .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Just realised......

As a armchair supporter mainly, because of distance, I found/find it totally unwatchable Abs.
      Agree absolute garbage, and it affected our players badly

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Beats watching Eastenders don’t it .
        Lol
        Tbf one of those Welsh speaking channels beats watching EastEnders!

Comment

Agree that without fans it is largely dull, but it did help ease the boredom of lockdown.

I would rather they had postponed the end of the season until fans were allowed back in even if it meant having no 20/21 season, but understand the difficulties that would have presented with out of contract players and new signings etc. And this was better than a points per game basis they used for leagues 1&2.

Comment

Musta admit it did get better as it went on. Enjoyed the last 3 games. Having said that if we had won our earlier games then it would have been more enjoyable !

Comment

The bottom five at lockdown ALL stayed up ! So wasn’t pointless to them was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                exactly - this was the point...

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  True and just think what it could have done if Leagues 1 & 2 had also restarted.

Football is largely unpredictable and form can change so quickly. I bet clubs like Sunderland and Peterboro are gutted they didn't get to restart.

Comment

But Wycombe are over the moon it ended

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                      But Wycombe are over the moon it ended
                      Yes, they benefitted because they had a game in hand. However as the Championship restart proved form and games in hand don't guarantee points.

Comment

Working...
                      X