Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    Well, Brentford head to Wembley.
    Can't grudge them it, they have had a great season whether they go up or not.
    Last game at Griffin Park gives them a final at Wembley, for those that want to laugh at them, their fans can't go!!!

All 5 of them.

Comment

Last game at Griffin Park gives them a final at Wembley, for those that want to laugh at them, their fans can't go!!!
      Worried Im turning into a humanitarian, cause I think it's Sad they can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        Their manager is a proper bell end by the way .
        Isn't he just

Comment

Gut wrenching for supporters.
          At least we could go to the playoff final.
          It isn't like teams like ours do it every other year.

Comment

At the end of the day at least they are no glory hunters.

They have a smaller budget than we do and have played most teams off the park.

We need to sort ourselves out before looking at them.

Congratulations to them for making the final.

Win or Lose - They should feel proud.

Comment

I don't really care about them or Fulham. It's Chelsea I can't stand with a passion. I used to go to Brentford as a 14 year old with a friend. It would cost us 1 pound to get in. Used to mainly go to have a lift in my mates dad maserati. Only went to 2 game's as hard to enjoy a game that means nothing.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

What have they done to get this far? One thing I notice sitting and watching the match today , is that their players are far more mobile and quicker all over the park than ours.. Getting players with pace into the team seems to be a winning formula...The haven`t got any Camerons and Barbets in their their team..
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

You're 100% Shania.

Over the past few seasons I've noticed our tempo/movement hasn't been good. Every time we've gone through a winning patch we've moved well and fast, but we can't maintain that style of play for more than a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    What have they done to get this far? One thing I notice sitting and watching the match today , is that their players are far more mobile and quicker all over the park than ours.. Getting players with pace into the team seems to be a winning formula...The haven`t got any Camerons and Barbets in their their team..
                    Spot on shania. Its a massive flaw in our team and I hope Warburton has the tactical nous to spot it. In fact plenty of west ham commented when they stuff us that apart from eze, we had so many robots that looked like they were stuck in the mud. Players like Cameron and Kane are robbing a living. Worry that they get new contracts. I was hoping mb would be more forward thinking but Brentford definitely have a superb balance of quality
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Spot on shania. Its a massive flaw in our team and I hope Warburton has the tactical nous to spot it. In fact plenty of west ham commented when they stuff us that apart from eze, we had so many robots that looked like they were stuck in the mud. Players like Cameron and Kane are robbing a living. Worry that they get new contracts. I was hoping mb would be more forward thinking but Brentford definitely have a superb balance of quality
                      What we need is players who are lightening fast, technically brilliant and either sublime goalscorers or defenders. And then expect such players to sign for £7k a week.

The Brentford model has been working for years which has allowed then to sign numerous players for £5m each. We are just at the stage where selling a £5m player seems like a lottery win.

You cannot make a comparison between the QPR and Brentfird squads because there is a massive difference in budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Agreed. Here`s hoping.

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What we need is players who are lightening fast, technically brilliant and either sublime goalscorers or defenders. And then expect such players to sign for £7k a week.

The Brentford model has been working for years which has allowed then to sign numerous players for £5m each. We are just at the stage where selling a £5m player seems like a lottery win.

You cannot make a comparison between the QPR and Brentfird squads because there is a massive difference in budgets.
                          I`m not saying we can sort it all out in one or two transfer windows, but we can definelty start a new way forward by scouting properly. Outside of your Isles aslo...imo.. There are gems to be bought out there...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            At the end of the day at least they are no glory hunters.

They have a smaller budget than we do and have played most teams off the park.

We need to sort ourselves out before looking at them.

Congratulations to them for making the final.

Win or Lose - They should feel proud.
                            Yeah but it ain't that long that they've had that plan , when you realise how long we've been jerking about wasting money on dross going for quantity over quality

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

I`m not saying we can sort it all out in one or two transfer windows, but we can definelty start a new way forward by scouting properly. Outside of your Isles aslo...imo.. There are gems to be bought out there...
                              Agreed with this and your previous post.

I have been telling fans at games for years that we are often too pedestrian in our play now we are even slower thanks to this pass the ball around at the back palaver which allows teams to regroup in defence.

We do not seem to do our scouting abroad unlike Brentford who have many players fron overseas on their books. Yes they have a bigger budget thanks to selling players at good prices.
                              ​​

Comment

Last night proved having the majority of possession does not win you games, and we need to get out of this crap playing out from the back, always a mistake waiting to happen.
                                I don't mind who wins the final as long it's not Brentford.

Comment

Working...
                                X