20/21 Start date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20/21 Start date

EFL clubs have this afternoon agreed on a date to begin the 2020/21 season.

The latest shareholders meeting took place via video link today and it has been revealed that the new season will start on Sept 12

The news comes just an hour after the Premier League confirmed its 2020/21 campaign will start on the same day.

Two dates had long been identified as potential start dates - Saturday, August 29 or Saturday, September 12.

However, the September start date was always thought to be the one favoured by most clubs as it gives them more time to prepare for next season.

Weird init, seeing a start of the season that late

Comment

6 weeks to prepare.
      3 weeks holiday then 3 weeks of training & friendlies and off we go again.

At least the players won't have the excuse of being too rusty as they won't have had a 6 week holiday as normal.

Of course the EFL has the legal appeals and sanctions for Wigan, Derby & Sheffield Wednesday to sort out before we know the fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Weird init, seeing a start of the season that late
        It is a bit, but at least we don't have a long boring pre season to deal with.

Comment

Very true Stan, I always find June in normal close season.
          Nothing ever happens till July earliest, or the last two days of the window as far as QPR are concerned.

Comment

What's wrong with Saturday 5th September, ie in the middle of those two dates????? If 29th is okay that means they will play on 5th....... seems weird why 5th isnt on table as a start date. Unless of course they actually do want 5th and will roll out as the "compromise choice" to satisfy all sides? You do wonder if EFL could sort out a knees up in a brewery.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              What's wrong with Saturday 5th September, ie in the middle of those two dates????? If 29th is okay that means they will play on 5th....... seems weird why 5th isnt on table as a start date. Unless of course they actually do want 5th and will roll out as the "compromise choice" to satisfy all sides? You do wonder if EFL could sort out a knees up in a brewery.
              Good post, I wondered the same myself

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I think that is set aside for internationals weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think that is set aside for internationals weekend.
                  Effing hell! That kinda of answers the question of when to start then...... No point starting on a Saturday before an international break - start on 12th. Really makes you wonder why 29th is even in the table.

Comment

So Sept 12 is official then. I notice transfer window is open til October 16 which is a bit irritating..... means we have a dilemma for first several games with likes of Eze, BOS and Manning if they're still here.
                    Be interesting to compare our squad on Sept 12 with the one we have on Oct 16.

Comment

Working...
                    X