First Priority(ies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Priority(ies)

With three week sprint to the beginning of the next season, and many needs to be filled given expected departures of Eze, BOS, Hugill (and possibly Manning), a list of priorities in order of preference:

(1) Center Back -- Would like to see QPR continue the rebuild from the back -- need far more than Masterson and Barbet to ensure solidity there -- sign at least one hoss player here -- am even okay bringing Toni back for his final contractual season if we can't unload him

(2) Strikers -- Kiefer Moore would be a great start to fill in for a missing Hugill; need one or two more; suggest we also take a final look at Paul Smyth

(3) Central Midfielder -- We haven't had a player show any control and command in the center since Joey Barton -- this would be a huge find if that same kind of player is out there -- watched Grealish yesterday for AV -- it's some version of that

On the rest of the pitch:

Goalie -- give Dieng a true tryout for #1; otherwise, given all of the other needs, okay to muddle along for now with what we've got

RB -- Kakay is awesome and will only improve; hopeful Kane + another youngster will be enough to start the season -- assume Rangel is going to retire given his injury.

LB -- Between Wallace, Hamilainen, and at times Barbet okay there for now

Defensive Midfield -- For better or worse, Ball and Cameron a decent duo at this level

#10 -- Chair. Pray for a breakout season

Whilst Chair faded this season he has shown real promise and with Eze and BOS going he will have a chance to shine as our top youngster. MW did a great job helping to bring on BOS and Eze this season and no reason he can't do that with Chair.

For me we need:

Experienced goalkeeper or maybe have a proper look at Dieng as you suggest.

RB - don't desperately need one but if a good one becomes available on a free or loan would take them.

LB - assuming Manning goes same as RB really, slightly more need if anything.

CB - ideally sign a couple, maybe one permanent one loan to help us become more solid.

CM - need another body, loan or permanent. Not overly convinced by what we have.

Wingers - need two. Will be left with Shopido only. He may improve and come good but at present looks more squad player than regular.

Strikers - somehow need to get three in. Ideally two permanent and one loan. Oteh has struggled on loan in lower leagues and unless he improves over summer (which isn't impossible) I doubt we will see him much next season.

So another rebuilding exercise but if we make a half decent fist of it might well do alright next season. For some reason (could just be trapped wind) I am quite excited by the prospect of how team may look in the next month or so.

Comment

Why does everybody forget we still have Leistner on the books. Seems Koln don't want him on a permanent so he is still ours for another year.
      Sorry just read your post properly.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Why does everybody forget we still have Leistner on the books. Seems Koln don't want him on a permanent so he is still ours for another year.
        Sorry just read your post properly.
        I’m sure he’s out of contract now , got 2 year deal when he signed .

Comment

Chair will be superstar

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’m sure he’s out of contract now , got 2 year deal when he signed .
            He's still under contract for another year, he is definitely though going in the summer, best cash in for him, sell him for around £1.5m and get him off the wage bill, I believe he earns £16k a week so it would help us a lot financially.

Comment

Working...
            X