Still hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Warburton said after the game when asked it will be the loan market again this summer
    Er....no he didn't, he said we have to look at the loan players, the ones we already have, as he added Rangel in the sentence too.
    He was pointing out that we will be losing the loans, as well as possibly Rangel.
    He did not say we will b predominantly using the loan market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      When I first read the thread title, I thought it was a request for medical advice due to a Viagara OD
      Or he had really enjoyed the game!

Comment

Love the last post. Very Funny. Thanks all for your comments. On to the next season.

Comment

I used to think loans were integral and inevitable. BUT..... after what happened with Nahki Wells I'm now not convinced they make sense. I know we could potentially lose any player during winter transfer window but at least we can rebuff offers for our own players under contract. With Wells we were utterly powerless to do anything and had to watch one of our key players disappear mid-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I used to think loans were integral and inevitable. BUT..... after what happened with Nahki Wells I'm now not convinced they make sense. I know we could potentially lose any player during winter transfer window but at least we can rebuff offers for our own players under contract. With Wells we were utterly powerless to do anything and had to watch one of our key players disappear mid-season.
            Or look at it another way , we got to use a very good goal scorer for no fee , which contributed to us staying in this league .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              We. Don’t. Have. Enough. Money.

It make sense.

Comment

We will need a few loans. Can be a bit pot luck as to whether they are any good or not but a club in our position needs some temporary or permanent bargains. How much would Wells and Hugil cost is to buy for instance and yes I know we lost the former halfway through?

What I'm hoping for is bigger teams will start to trust us more with their better young players with CR and MW at the club. We should be starting to be looked at as a club that can help develop talent. Doubt anyone has seen us as that in many years.

Couple of decent youngsters on loan alongside a couple of more experienced ones, some wheeling and dealing and we should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  Or look at it another way , we got to use a very good goal scorer for no fee , which contributed to us staying in this league .
                  I agree with what you say, but get the point that Abseits is making. We can't just rely on loans. Ideally we will buy at least 2 strikers and loan another one or two, depending on the calibre.

Similarly for other positions.

On the plus side,Eze is rumored to have a number of clubs waiting to bid so hopefully QPR will get close to the £20m valuation and Warburton will be given reasonable funds to spend.

Comment

We are TOP of the bottom half. Just cannot moan about that.
                    Looking forward to seeing a new team.

Comment

We need to be more thoughtful with loans. Rewind to August.... Pretty obvious Hugill and Wells are surplus to requirements and have no futures at their parent clubs. It suits parent clubs to farm them out on loan to get game time and maintain their reputation/value. The loan has nothing to do with developing the players, it's all about putting them in a shop window to get some cash back on their surplus unwanted players. I suppose the perfect scenario is the club they are on loan at ends up buying them, a sort of "try before you buy". Unfortunately we are so potless we can't do that. We ended up giving Nhaki Wells a platform for 5 months to showcase his talents and then clear off to a rival. Anyone who reckons that is okay is effing deranged.
                      However, when the loan involves a younger player that IS wanted by the parent club but they're deemed not quite ready for the first team squad that's a different matter. In all likelihood the player will see out the entire loan period and then return to parent club - they won't be recalled to sell-on midway through the loan. I'm thinking Eddie Neketiah at Leeds, Mason Mount at Derby, Tammy Abraham at Villa, Rhian Brewster at Swansea.
                      Basically we need to loan in players that clearly have a future with their parent club and and avoid players that the parent club ultimately are looking to shunt on. Warburton talks about losing players on our terms in an interview today. That makes sense but the complete opposite happened with Wells: we were powerless and had zero say in things - that cannot happen again.

Comment

We could never afford the quality of Wells and Hugil on a permanent basis due to the fee and wages , they were both great deals for the club .The other option would have been Oteh and Mialker , no thanks . I think we need to realise the impact of quality loans has on our talented youngsters playing and learning of these two also is invaluable to their development. So in short we may never own them but what they gave us while they were here was well worth it .

Comment

We could never afford the quality of Wells and Hugil on a permanent basis due to the fee and wages , they were both great deals for the club .The other option would have been Oteh and Mialker , no thanks . I think we need to realise the impact of quality loans has on our talented youngsters playing and learning of these two also is invaluable to their development. So in short we may never own them but what they gave us while they were here was well worth it .
                          As I've mentioned before the want a low AVERAGE wage. The lower end will be the young lads breaking into the squad and the higher end will be the top loan signings.

There has to be scope to pay £15k a week for a least one proven forward at championship level. We all know what happens when you run with two rookie forwards (Gallen and Dichio)

Scoring goals is not a cheap option even to be a mid table side. Perhaps the Board will hold back some transfer money to offset this expense.

Comment

Agree with that. Those few months with Wells were valuable without doubt.

Comment

Mentioned this post heading to 'er indoors this morning with great hope in my heart. She responded with 'that is why the good Lord gave you power in your wrist.'

Comment

Working...
                              X