Bos on his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Anyone know if we at least put a sell on clause into the deal.

Can only hope that BOS goes there does well and gets a move to the Prem eventually and we get some extra money!!
    I think that's pretty standard these days. Normally 10% but the deal hasnt been done yet until BOS agrees personal terms. Clubs dont normally announce this information but hopefully it will get leaked and someone will be on the know.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Anyone know if we at least put a sell on clause into the deal.

Can only hope that BOS goes there does well and gets a move to the Prem eventually and we get some extra money!!
      Club aren’t commenting on it right now but I would hope so and I’m sure that will come out in time .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

So you missed the part where we turned down a £3 million bid in January.That blows your taking the first bid theory out the window .
        I am fully aware of the first bid but it was from the same club, why would they accept the offer with over 3 months left of the transfer window. And I don’t like the patronising and passive aggressive tone in your response.

Comment

Personally would have preferred say £7m. However in last year of contract, uncertainty of Covid. This is the first year we have seen much more than raw talent from him.

Both he and Eze are at the stage where they need to be playing with better players to really progress. Doubt BOS would get too much game time in Premiership so probably a smart move.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Every time we sell a player we always seem to believe that they are worth more than what they are.

In the summer we all thought Freeman was sold on the cheap but can’t get a game at Sheffield Utd.

We have some players that show signs of potential such as BOS. But has developed any finished product - I’d say there’s been glimpses.

if he continues to develop he’s an £8m player, if he goes backwards he’s a £2m player at best.

we have to sell whilst the irons hot and i therefore think the anything over £4m is good business.

The money was good for Freeman last year and Furlong was also reasonable.

Dont be disappointed when we sell Eze for less than we all hope for. Unfortunately he’s not close to a finished product and I’m not convinced he’ll get better than his current level. I’d expect him to go for £12m and on what he’s achieved so far, bearing in mind he’s not that young, I think that’s a fair value.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
              Still looks like a panic sale to me. There may be teams who miss out on promotion that sell a player for £15+ million and then are looking for a replacement which could well be BOS and for maybe £7-8 million.

I think we are taking the first offer because we are desperate for the cash. The reported £1 million loss a month is however baffling to me given we had the 4th lowest budget in the championship this season
              The £1m a month loss was covered in the overall debt of £33.8m in the accounts to May 2019. It is only a guide/guess that it has continued at the same level through this season. You are correct that the squad got trimmed and the budget reduced, but we also lost out on ticket sales and match day revenue due to COVID.

Even if we reduced operation losses from £12m in 18/19 to £6m in 19/20 the overall debt would now be around £40m. This information will only be available to us when the 19/20 accounts will be submitted to Companies House and available for public scrutiny in Feb 2021.

How much of the transfer money we use on new signings will depend upon on how much the shareholders need their loans repaid to support their other businesses. Even though we want answers now, unfortunately we'll have to wait to see how the strategy unfolds until the transfer window closes in Oct.

UPDATE: We also sold Freeman, Furlong and Luongo for a reported £9m last summer. Hopefully that will mean that the current debt position will be circa £25/30m not £40/45m

Comment

I am fully aware of the first bid but it was from the same club, why would they accept the offer with over 3 months left of the transfer window. And I don’t like the patronising and passive aggressive tone in your response.
                A bid is a bid though isn’t it , we have held on and upped the price by nearly 2 million .That bid in January would have alerted other clubs but seems it hasn’t triggered any extra interest.Sorry if you were offended by my tone but I also would like double what we are getting but feel I am always explaining the reasons why we are not .

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH View Post
                  Every time we sell a player we always seem to believe that they are worth more than what they are.

In the summer we all thought Freeman was sold on the cheap but can’t get a game at Sheffield Utd.

We have some players that show signs of potential such as BOS. But has developed any finished product - I’d say there’s been glimpses.

if he continues to develop he’s an £8m player, if he goes backwards he’s a £2m player at best.

we have to sell whilst the irons hot and i therefore think the anything over £4m is good business.

The money was good for Freeman last year and Furlong was also reasonable.

Dont be disappointed when we sell Eze for less than we all hope for. Unfortunately he’s not close to a finished product and I’m not convinced he’ll get better than his current level. I’d expect him to go for £12m and on what he’s achieved so far, bearing in mind he’s not that young, I think that’s a fair value.
                  Good sensible post .

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The £1m a month loss was covered in the overall debt of £33.8m in the accounts to May 2019. It is only a guide/guess that it has continued at the same level through this season. You are correct that the squad got trimmed and the budget reduced, but we also lost out on ticket sales and match day revenue due to COVID.

Even if we reduced operation losses from £12m in 18/19 to £6m in 19/20 the overall debt would now be around £40m. This information will only be available to us when the 19/20 accounts will be submitted to Companies House and available for public scrutiny in Feb 2021.

How much of the transfer money we use on new signings will depend upon on how much the shareholders need their loans repaid to support their other businesses. Even though we want answers now, unfortunately we'll have to wait to see how the strategy unfolds until the transfer window closes in Oct.

UPDATE: We also sold Freeman, Furlong and Luongo for a reported £9m last summer. Hopefully that will mean that the current debt position will be circa £30m not £40/45m

Suspect lot of clubs in similar position. Overall has been a reasonable year given our circumstances. We need if anything an even better wheeling and dealing summer. I know Warburton has had his critics of late but he contributed to our summer activity last year and given our finances think we did well. Spent £50k, huge changes, really had relegation written all over it.

Comment

Exclusive: Leicester City, Fulham & Brighton ambush £5m bid to sign 15/goal assist star

Leicester City, Brighton and Fulham are trying to hijack Bright Osayi-Samuel’s transfer from QPR to Club Brugge after Leeds United pulled out of the race, Football Insider can reveal.

The Londoners have accepted a £5million bid from Brugge for the forward, 22, and are ready to give the go-ahead for him to discuss personal terms.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/l...er-fee-agreed/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Exclusive: Leicester City, Fulham & Brighton ambush £5m bid to sign 15/goal assist star

Leicester City, Brighton and Fulham are trying to hijack Bright Osayi-Samuel’s transfer from QPR to Club Brugge after Leeds United pulled out of the race, Football Insider can reveal.

The Londoners have accepted a £5million bid from Brugge for the forward, 22, and are ready to give the go-ahead for him to discuss personal terms.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/l...er-fee-agreed/
                        This is what we wanted , hopefully this sparks the bidding war we all wanted .

Comment

What id like to know is why can Brentford buy a player on the cheap probably pay less wages than us and put him on whatever contract and then always seem to get around 15-20 million for their players. Why arent we doing the same approach . Something is going wrong somewhere . Sure warburton knows the way brentford does business and can get qpr to follow the same business pattern so we stop selling our assets for peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by rangersmonkeyboy View Post
                            What id like to know is why can Brentford buy a player on the cheap probably pay less wages than us and put him on whatever contract and then always seem to get around 15-20 million for their players. Why arent we doing the same approach . Something is going wrong somewhere . Sure warburton knows the way brentford does business and can get qpr to follow the same business pattern so we stop selling our assets for peanuts
                            That’s a question for the buying clubs though isn’t it ?

Comment

Good luck to the Boy, you can say any price you want for anything you wanna sell but it means jack until you have an interested party.
                              Anyone wanna buy my old car, will take 40k and a Bacon cheese cheese Burger.

Comment

Still looks like a panic sale to me. There may be teams who miss out on promotion that sell a player for £15+ million and then are looking for a replacement which could well be BOS and for maybe £7-8 million.

I think we are taking the first offer because we are desperate for the cash. The reported £1 million loss a month is however baffling to me given we had the 4th lowest budget in the championship this season

I agree. As I said earlier, why the rush to sell him when the window is open until October.

The club are accepting practically the first few offers. Could they not just bluff and say they have already turned down a 6M offer for him? I am quite sure other clubs and business do this i.e. Estate Agents.

Preston sold a striker last summer for upwards of 10m to a Premiership club and I don't recall a bidding war going on for him.

The club is being run poorly by the owners and their staff and has been since they took over.

Yes the club needs funds but by accepting such low offers means more players need to be sold and the cycle goes on and on. Last season QPR sold Freeman Furlong Smith and raised less than 8M for them and with all the other players that moved on it meant 15 new signings to replenish the squad.

Other clubs get big prices for their best players yet we sell ours at 1995 prices despite the big monies clubs get from their TV deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X