• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We wont get much more for Eze ,maybe £8 million

Comment

Sky saying it’s a 4 million pound deal not 4.7 mill

Comment

Why the rush to sell him? The window has only just opened.
        perhaps after clubs have done a bit of wheeling and dealing there would have been a little bit more interest in him. Also turning down the latest offer from Brugge could have seen them come back in again in August with an improved bid.

This is what happens when young promising players only have extensions of 1 or 2 years given to them. Yet we give a 3 year deal to Kane.

Still, as some of us expected our negotiators have once again undersold our player.

As for the expectation of £5m for Manning and £15 for Eze, dream on. The £5m was Manning's valuation in January, it will be around £3m now. You can also expect Eze's value to be around £7-8m

And as suggested on this thread, most of these funds will be used to repay debts and club running costs post Covid 19. MW will be lucky to get 10 times his transfer spend of last season after player sales raised around £7m.

He will have to unearth some real gems or bring in better quality loans than Amos, Smith and Malakar to have any chance of equalling this season's achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Why the rush to sell him? The window has only just opened.
          perhaps after clubs have done a bit of wheeling and dealing there would have been a little bit more interest in him. Also turning down the latest offer from Brugge could have seen them come back in again in August with an improved bid.

This is what happens when young promising players only have extensions of 1 or 2 years given to them. Yet we give a 3 year deal to Kane.

Still, as some of us expected our negotiators have once again undersold our player.

As for the expectation of £5m for Manning and £15 for Eze, dream on. The £5m was Manning's valuation in January, it will be around £3m now. You can also expect Eze's value to be around £7-8m

And as suggested on this thread, most of these funds will be used to repay debts and club running costs post Covid 19. MW will be lucky to get 10 times his transfer spend of last season after player sales raised around £7m.

He will have to unearth some real gems or bring in better quality loans than Amos, Smith and Malakar to have any chance of equalling this season's achievements.

With all clubs likely to be trimming their squads hopefully there will be some decent players out there as free agents who will have no option but to expect significantly lower wages to stay in the game. Any club playing transfers fees right now will be few and far between.

Comment

Why do they keep saying our players are "Bargains" ?
            2.1 for Manning ?
            So annoying

https://foreverwestham.com/2020/07/p...rated-bargain/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Why do they keep saying our players are "Bargains" ?
              2.1 for Manning ?
              So annoying

https://foreverwestham.com/2020/07/p...rated-bargain/
              Les Ferdinand has been an appallingly bad DOF so far.... The fact our player sales are nearly always announced by the club as ‘for an undisclosed fee’ tells you everything. We have been so badly run as a club under Fernandes it feels almost criminal how far we have dropped from when he took over. A fee being reported as ‘UP TO 4.7m Euros’ is another horrible bit of business by our leaders. How much did spurs pay for Jack Clarke or West Ham pay for Jordan Hugill? Take Eze and BOS out of this team and we are a decidedly L1 squad....

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Les Ferdinand has been an appallingly bad DOF so far.... The fact our player sales are nearly always announced by the club as ‘for an undisclosed fee’ tells you everything. We have been so badly run as a club under Fernandes it feels almost criminal how far we have dropped from when he took over. A fee being reported as ‘UP TO 4.7m Euros’ is another horrible bit of business by our leaders. How much did spurs pay for Jack Clarke or West Ham pay for Jordan Hugill? Take Eze and BOS out of this team and we are a decidedly L1 squad....
                Another one that slates the club but has no answers .

Comment

Think about it , does anyone actually think there is a £10 million bid sitting on the table from another club but we are refusing it ?This is market forces , the bidding has been open for Bos for a while now , why aren’t clubs falling over themselves to sign him if it’s so cheap ? The club wouldn’t be setting the price they would be open to offers . He has 11 months left on his contract yet some are saying don’t sell yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Another one that slates the club but has no answers .
                    Its true we don't have an answer but it gets on our nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Same old answer & same people getting the blame, it gets tedious

Comment

Still looks like a panic sale to me. There may be teams who miss out on promotion that sell a player for £15+ million and then are looking for a replacement which could well be BOS and for maybe £7-8 million.

I think we are taking the first offer because we are desperate for the cash. The reported £1 million loss a month is however baffling to me given we had the 4th lowest budget in the championship this season

Comment

First off I am a big fan of BOS and I believe he will go on to have a very good, perhaps even stellar career. But, I think he's coasted through this season. We've seen flashes of class and ability and we've seen periods of well, pretty ineffective and lightweight play too. At 22 and in this league I think he should have had more impact on our season and performed at a higher level and more consistently than he has. I do blame Warburton to a certain extent for not getting more out of BOS and perhaps our pretty ropey squad has hindered him. BUT.... Lion's share of responsibility lies with BOS himself I feel.
                          Anyway, I think his form and performance this year has probably depressed his value somewhat and given potential buyers pause to think. Unless there's some sort of bidding war between clubs with more money than sense I'd be surprised if we got more than £7million, particularly given he's only got 12 months on his contract and he has refused to sign a new one. Don't forget, I suspect BOS's agent will be looking for a 4yr-deal worth north of £5million for his client. Whoever buys him is investing at least £12 million plus agents fees plus any sell-ons or add-ons we slot in so it's totting up to a fairly hefty investment even at a "cut-price" £6/£7million upfront for us.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                            Still looks like a panic sale to me. There may be teams who miss out on promotion that sell a player for £15+ million and then are looking for a replacement which could well be BOS and for maybe £7-8 million.

I think we are taking the first offer because we are desperate for the cash. The reported £1 million loss a month is however baffling to me given we had the 4th lowest budget in the championship this season
                            So you missed the part where we turned down a £3 million bid in January.That blows your taking the first bid theory out the window .

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

The £1m a month loss was covered in the overall debt of £33.8m in the accounts to May 2019. It is only a guide/guess that it has continued at the same level through this season. You are correct that the squad got trimmed and the budget reduced, but we also lost out on ticket sales and match day revenue due to COVID.

Even if we reduced operation losses from £12m in 18/19 to £6m in 19/20 the overall debt would now be around £40m. This information will only be available to us when the 19/20 accounts will be submitted to Companies House and available for public scrutiny in Feb 2021.

How much of the transfer money we use on new signings will depend upon on how much the shareholders need their loans repaid to support their other businesses. Even though we want answers now, unfortunately we'll have to wait to see how the strategy unfolds until the transfer window closes in Oct.

Comment

Anyone know if we at least put a sell on clause into the deal.

Can only hope that BOS goes there does well and gets a move to the Prem eventually and we get some extra money!!

Comment

Working...
                                X