Championship clubs to discuss £18m salary cap for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

It really does because relegated teams get a season to adjust before coming under the cap so they will have a better chance of bouncing back to the Prem and I believe existing contracts are exempt so the advantage could continue beyond the first year unless the random punishment generator that is FFP kicks in?.. I assume the farce that is FFP will work alongside this new device.
    They will have to change it somewhat to make it fair.

Comment

FA can’t really use ffp and make it stick now city got away with it

also what’s ffp with no fans as income due to Covid especially if we have 2nd wave and lockdown again how can u predict impossible scenarios and build into income forecast won’t work

Comment

Ha ha, £18M? More like £1.8M I would have thought for us?! On a separate note, Watford, Wet Spam and Saints interested in Manning. Would be just what we need if a bidding war ensues. Hike his price up hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

How did you block/ignore list Stainrod?

Only asking because I'd like to do the same to you for the same reasons you mentioned re: stainrod.
          Me too. From the help section;

"In the top right of the forum, click your Username. A dropdown menu will appear and from here you need to select 'User Settings'. On the page that appears, click 'Account' and scroll to the bottom. In the text area next to 'Ignore List', enter the Usernames of users that you want to Ignore."

Enjoy!

Comment

Meanwhile back to football. I cannot see how a club relegated to Div 1 can drop their wage bill from £18m to £2.5m. If they are given time then it's back to another form of parachute payment distortion.

Comment

Not really happy about this. Just makes the teams coming down stronger and more likely to go straight back up. They need to really think about a fair system that doesn't give the bigger clubs an advantage. I have to say I love what Brentford are doing but that will be harder if they go this route. I think for the premiership they should definitely limit the amount of foreign players in the 1st 11 to 4 or 5 max
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

SD Lewis still as odd as ever

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Not really happy about this. Just makes the teams coming down stronger and more likely to go straight back up. They need to really think about a fair system that doesn't give the bigger clubs an advantage. I have to say I love what Brentford are doing but that will be harder if they go this route. I think for the premiership they should definitely limit the amount of foreign players in the 1st 11 to 4 or 5 max
                  One things for sure post Jan 21 European players wont get automatic rights to work in the UK

Comment

Working...
                  X