• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship clubs to discuss £18m salary cap for next season

Championship clubs to discuss £18m salary cap for next season

By Sky Sports News

Last Updated: 16/07/20 5:50pm

Championship clubs will meet next week to determine the next steps for the introduction of an £18m salary cap.

If agreed, the limits on spending on each squad of 25 players could be introduced within weeks

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...or-next-season

I assume we are already ahead of the game in respect of this so for us it would be a good thing .

Comment

Haha.
      For us we'll be under it by £12m

Comment

If only Hoos and Les had got the clubs act together over the last few seasons and slashed our wage bill so we would be ready for something like this .Oh wait , they already have .

Comment

Pardon me, but this will make it much harder to compare with the relegated clubs from the prem, will it not? They will have a large chunk of money to spend for three seasons, as it stands today..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Pardon me, but this will make it much harder to compare with the relegated clubs from the prem, will it not? They will have a large chunk of money to spend for three seasons, as it stands today..
            It really does because relegated teams get a season to adjust before coming under the cap so they will have a better chance of bouncing back to the Prem and I believe existing contracts are exempt so the advantage could continue beyond the first year unless the random punishment generator that is FFP kicks in?.. I assume the farce that is FFP will work alongside this new device.

Comment

Christ we'll never get that high, the board will have to invest!

Comment

Hang on if there's a cap then all the teams have to be under it.
                Pointless, and unfair to allow relegated teams any grace. Just like we weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Hang on if there's a cap then all the teams have to be under it.
                  Pointless, and unfair to allow relegated teams any grace. Just like we weren't.
                  True, but they changed the rules the following season after we broke them by not being able to do the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    If only Hoos and Les had got the clubs act together over the last few seasons and slashed our wage bill so we would be ready for something like this .Oh wait , they already have .
                    You really are a toby. Anyone could of done what they did, it’s how you do it to maximise profits and that’s what is in question

OAP’s don’t have a clue do they

My company is so profitable so trust me, I know what I’m talking about old man
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

In the best interest of other readers I’ve now blocked/ignore listed Stainrod

The guy gives nothing but forceful spin and propaganda

Glad he’s been blocked, The strange man hasn’t got a clue
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

You really are a toby. Anyone could of done what they did, it’s how you do it to maximise profits and that’s what is in question

OAP’s don’t have a clue do they

My company is so profitable so trust me, I know what I’m talking about old man
                        Not everyone could cut the wage bill as we did and stay in the division rather comfortably by our standards anyway!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                          In the best interest of other readers I’ve now blocked/ignore listed Stainrod

The guy gives nothing but forceful spin and propaganda

Glad he’s been blocked, The strange man hasn’t got a clue
                          How did you block/ignore list Stainrod?

Only asking because I'd like to do the same to you for the same reasons you mentioned re: stainrod.

Comment

My company is very profitable i knpw what I'm talking about...... what a bell end

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                              I assume we are already ahead of the game in respect of this so for us it would be a good thing .
                              Exactly and this is a really good thing for all clubs.

About time they put something in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X