Getting fans back next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fans back next season

Could clubs not seek to introduce a system where say 500,supporters (maybe from season ticket holders/members) are chosen at random to attend home games. At least that would generate some sort of atmopshere in the stadiums.

would it work tho as some fans have bought STs already myself included

Comment

How about the community service sentenced people, 3 consecutive QPR games should put them off crime for life

Comment

But the atmosphere would be toxic, have you not been following our games recntly? Maybe you could find 20ish drunk people to slur "Shtand up if you luv Rangahhhsss" non-stop for 90 minutes but the other 480 will be either booing, sleeping or trying to get at Warburton to strangle him.
        It's probably for the best that nobody is in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          would it work tho as some fans have bought STs already myself included
          Yes, they would just draw out 500 ST holders at random and invite them to watch the game.

A different draw for each game. Anyone who has bought a ticket , including myself, has a chance of actually attending some games in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            But the atmosphere would be toxic, have you not been following our games recntly? Maybe you could find 20ish drunk people to slur "Shtand up if you luv Rangahhhsss" non-stop for 90 minutes but the other 480 will be either booing, sleeping or trying to get at Warburton to strangle him.
            It's probably for the best that nobody is in attendance.
            I am hoping for a better squad than the threadbare one we have now for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I am hoping for a better squad than the threadbare one we have now for next season.
              If we don’t then we’re looking at a relegation side. Squads garbage due to ffp but seems like a waste of time abiding to it now spend as much as we like and say up yours FA we’re doing a city again but hopefully not sign washed up has beens

Comment

Yes, they would just draw out 500 ST holders at random and invite them to watch the game.

A different draw for each game. Anyone who has bought a ticket , including myself, has a chance of actually attending some games in 2020.
                I'd want my money back if I wasn't allowed to attend all the games

Comment

I'm not vocal throughout the full 90mins, sometimes I just want to kick back and watch the game, so I'd add nothing to the atmosphere. Also, you need the away fans to generate some atmosphere.

Comment

Going to put your hand in your pocket then Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Going to put your hand in your pocket then Stan
                      When they sell Eze, BOS and Manning I would expect them to get a decent amount of money for them and use a reasonable portion of that to reinvest in the squad. Also, the next 3 year cycle for FFP will be easier to comply with as our losses will be less having gotten rid of all the previous high earners.

As Shaggy said, the squad is garbage or it will be once the aforementioned players are sold and Hugill returns to West Ham.

If crappy players are added to the squad to replace that quartet we may as well accept our fate as a bottom 3 club.

Comment

Could clubs not seek to introduce a system where say 500,supporters (maybe from season ticket holders/members) are chosen at random to attend home games. At least that would generate some sort of atmopshere in the stadiums.
                        perhaps a few of the 500 might even get a game.

Comment

When they sell Eze, BOS and Manning I would expect them to get a decent amount of money for them and use a reasonable portion of that to reinvest in the squad. Also, the next 3 year cycle for FFP will be easier to comply with as our losses will be less having gotten rid of all the previous high earners.

As Shaggy said, the squad is garbage or it will be once the aforementioned players are sold and Hugill returns to West Ham.

If crappy players are added to the squad to replace that quartet we may as well accept our fate as a bottom 3 club.
                          Even with the big earners gone the club is still making huge losses each month

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Even with the big earners gone the club is still making huge losses each month
                            The owners cover the loss by 1m on a monthly basis. Thank God.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

It's just been announced that England will play Wales on the 9th Oct at Wembley. Its behind closed doors with no fans.

If that's anything to go by it would seem no fans will be allowed at the start of next season and perhaps they'll revisit the situation for Jan 2021.

We really do need to budget the squad for no fans next season. If this materialises it will also impact the value of Eze and BOS but I suspect it will be deemed Les's fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X