Warburton - stick or twist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Since January Warbs has lost Wells ,Leistner , Scowen , Pugh and Hall plus Wallace hasn’t kicked a ball since before lockdown.These are all experienced footballers that have been replaced with Kakay , Oteh , Shodipo, Bettache,Clarke ,Masterson , all inexperienced youngsters .Looking at that list would anyone say Warbs has been given a fair chance . I doubt any manager in this league has had to deal with that kind of upheaval.I don’t know if Warbs will turn out to be a good or bad manager for our club but he deserves a chance to prove himself .
    Having slept on it, I agree with this - but he has to take the defensive work far more serious from now on. When Clint Hill critises his lack of set -piece organisation It speaks volume imo.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Relatively successful with us you mean? Or previously at Rangers and Forest?
      With us. We have had ####all to play with money wise. We have had to rely on frees and loans.
      Hope this is the last season where we have to do that.
      If not pack the whole show up and scrap it like bury.
      I can't stand seeing this club scraping around the bottom divisions.
      Kill it and Saturdays will be bearable

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

With us. We have had ####all to play with money wise. We have had to rely on frees and loans.
        Hope this is the last season where we have to do that.
        If not pack the whole show up and scrap it like bury.
        I can't stand seeing this club scraping around the bottom divisions.
        Kill it and Saturdays will be bearable
        With you on that , hoping the purse strings can be loosened enough for the club to progress and start moving forward rather than standing still like we have for the last few seasons.I understand why we have had to do it but I’m hopeful for some light at the end of the tunnel starting from next season .

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Having slept on it, I agree with this - but he has to take the defensive work far more serious from now on. When Clint Hill critises his lack of set -piece organisation It speaks volume imo.
          Would love Clint to be involved in our coaching set up .

Comment

If he sacked who would replace him? Only name would be WildThing.

We have a stable coaching staff who are working on a very small budget and a few players others teams would like to sign. Let's see how next seasons team performs and see how things are come Jan. Theres no reason to sack him, we'll stay up and revamp the squad in the summer.

Comment

With you on that , hoping the purse strings can be loosened enough for the club to progress and start moving forward rather than standing still like we have for the last few seasons.I understand why we have had to do it but I’m hopeful for some light at the end of the tunnel starting from next season .
              I hope so stains.
              Warbs imo has performed miracles on what he had.
              Ok some not worked, but that happens all the time.
              I actually do think players have already left in their heads, which is understandable. There has been open admissions they will be off, so they are not going to give it all, again imo.
              Can't see another manager doing any better.
              We have chosen the road we're going down, he has to be given more time.

Comment

Would love Clint to be involved in our coaching set up .
                That would have been great, but Lee Dixon is apparently also very good at it..
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Agree with all of the comments re the lack of player quality (sans Eze and BOS), the poor management decisions of the past, and the lack of real money to play with ahead.

My concern is MW’s system of play, where we control 60%+ of possession but have almost no shots on goal, no urgency to our play, no midfield to bring the ball from the back to the front.

When you are trailing in a game (like we have much of late) and all we do is pass it back and forth in our end of the field despite two ace offensive threats, what does that say about coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                    Agree with all of the comments re the lack of player quality (sans Eze and BOS), the poor management decisions of the past, and the lack of real money to play with ahead.

My concern is MW’s system of play, where we control 60%+ of possession but have almost no shots on goal, no urgency to our play, no midfield to bring the ball from the back to the front.

When you are trailing in a game (like we have much of late) and all we do is pass it back and forth in our end of the field despite two ace offensive threats, what does that say about coaching?
                    Totally agree.

I would definitely stick with Warbs but I have concerns about his stubbornness and failure to adapt tactically.

Its quite clear the current crop of players arent good enough to implement his style of play. A good manager adapts to the squad at his disposal, even if it means moving away from the possession game just in the short-term.

By all means go back to it when we've recruited players in the summer, but right now points on the board has to be the biggest priority not possession stats.

We shouldnt be anywhere near the bottom 3 but somehow we've found ourselves in and around it again.

Comment

Stick all day long !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

Totally agree.

I would definitely stick with Warbs but I have concerns about his stubbornness and failure to adapt tactically.

Its quite clear the current crop of players arent good enough to implement his style of play. A good manager adapts to the squad at his disposal, even if it means moving away from the possession game just in the short-term.

By all means go back to it when we've recruited players in the summer, but right now points on the board has to be the biggest priority not possession stats.

We shouldnt be anywhere near the bottom 3 but somehow we've found ourselves in and around it again.

Well said.

Comment

Got to stick with Warbs. The players need to shoulder the responsibility for the current form.

I think we've got a good coaching/management team, but they can only do so much with limited resources.

Comment

We clearly don’t have a good defensive coaching team....

Comment

Changing manager will not make a difference in the slightest.

Let him build and improve, we will get there.

Comment

I dissagree. We don't have a good defence, like I said before, players need to take responsibility.

At this level there's only so much coaching you can do. They're not teaching them play football! The bottom line is the playing squad is at a level. We don't have the same team that was in form pre lockdown. It sucks but that's where we're at.

We need to see out these last few games, re-group and prep for the next campaign.

We live to fight another day!

Comment

Working...
                                X