Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

You must be joking!!

We signed 13 players before the start of the season for a total transfer budget of £50.000 - fifty thousand pounds. Admittedly, we assembled an average League One team as a result of the financial constraints we were under. We were favorite to go down and before the start of the season everyone would have taken 21st place in a heartbeat. Warburton has steered us to safety five rounds before the end of season, and at times this season we have actually looked like play-off contenders. If we did not have to let Wells, Scowen, Pugh and Hall leave for financial reasons I think we would have had a fighting chance to reach the play-off.

I think Warburton is doing a very good job with the limited financial means he has. It is a turnaround project and we are right in the middle of it. To sack Warburton now is plain stupidity. It is a general disease in football to sack the managers far too early. Rome is rarely built in a year, but football fans and football directors have very little understanding of the time it takes to create success. If Man U would do like other clubs, Ferguson would have been sacked after his first season as manager, as he did not deliver what most fans expected of him. I also saw a lot of people calling for Solskjær to be sacked half a year ago - an equally stupid idea, right in the middle of a turnaround.

We are very lucky to have Warburton. Lets stay behind him!
    Common sense post .

Comment

Let’s be careful what we wish for as I genuinely think he’s done a very good job.

If you take emotion out of the current situation and look at everything rationally then why would we want to get rid of a bloke who built a team with just 50k and kept us in this league.

As mentioned in another thread and by others
      on this one, losing Wells half way through the season was gut renching and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out we clearly don’t have any money, hence, the no replacement.

Just before the season stopped, we actually hit some form but obviously covid and the time off has had a big impact on the teams mental concentration and some players commitments, ie losing Hall our captain and Pugh, who were both playing very well before the season stopped and I imagine fairly influential players and leaders in the dressing room.

You then take into account that we are safe and have nothing to play for except pride and that 3 of our top performers this year manning, Eze and BOS are all pretty much nailed on to move this summer and get life changing contracts, which is probably a understandable reason they are not at full throttle then it’s no wonder the team is struggling to motivate themselves right now.

I think it’s also worth noting that we are also being asked to play a extremely hectic schedule right now which will be extremely draining, especially on players with nothing to gain from it.

As fans I think we got to hope the club are able to generate 20-25 mill from selling Eze, Manning and BOS - hopefully Eze 10-15mill, BOS 6-8mil and Manning 3-5 mill.

I think we all understand that a lot of the money will be kept by the club, but if they can give Warburton 6/7/8 mill to spend on transfers, then with the addition of some savy loans like last year we might have a fighting chance next season!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Let’s be careful what we wish for as I genuinely think he’s done a very good job.

if you take emotion out of the current situation and look at everything rationally then why would we want to get rid of a bloke who built a team with just 50k and kept us in this league.

as mentioned in another thread and others
        on this one, losing Wells half way through the season was gut reaching and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out we clearly don’t have any money, hence, the no replacement.

just before the season stopped, we actually hit some form but obviously covid and the time off has had a big impact on our teams mental concentration and some players commitments ie losing Hall our captain and Pugh, who were both playing very well before the season stopped.

You then take into account that we are safe and have nothing to play for Exocet pride and that 3 of our top performers this year manning, Eze and BOS are all pretty much nailed on to move this summer and get life changing contracts, it’s no wonder the team is struggling to motivate themselves when they are also being asked to play a extremely hectic schedule.

as fans I think we got to hope the club are able to generate 20-25 mill from selling Eze, Manning and BOS - hopefully Eze 10-15mill, BOS 6-8mil and Manning 3-5 mill.

I think we all understand that a lot of the money will be kept by the club, but if they can give Warburton 6/7/8 mill to spend on transfers, then with the addition of some savy loans like last year we might have a fighting chance next season!
        This

Comment

Stick ,DEFINETLY, we have a really poor squad ,he has done well to keep us up ( hopefully). I would keep him

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No disrespect Stan but what would be the point at chucking money at this season when it’s all about staying up , it’s pointless just focus on next season and hopefully a totally new squad .
            I think you miss the point though. What if Hugill had picked up his injury in Feb? QPR would not have won those extra points and would now be staring relegation in the face. It is pure luck that he got injured scoring last week's winner at Middlesboro.

Comment

going back to the point of the thread, yes, stick with him as his remit this season was to keep us up and anything more would be a bonus.

I said last week, I would see how he is fairing next season when I would be expecting a big improvement if he has some funds to spend after the sales of 2 or 3 players. The defence next season will need to have a better goals against record for starters. I'd expect a bit more consistency and certainly a better home record. Of course, if he is once again given peanuts to spend it will be another tough season indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                He's gotta go. I had his number back in January and he's got progressively more ineffective since. It is starkly clear he is incapable of managing Queens Park Rangers FC. We must sack him well before start of next season. It's regrettable continually changing the manager but we have to face up to fact he is not the man for the job. Let's face it, the average tenure for a Championship manager can't be much more than a year.... Managers are lucky if they get 2 seasons. Ultimately, the plain and simple fact is he hasn't earned the right for a shot at next season with us.
                Mmm and replace with who spending what, we cut so much from the team, played some at times good football, have a couple of players may bring a tanner and stayed up.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

You must be joking!!

We signed 13 players before the start of the season for a total transfer budget of £50.000 - fifty thousand pounds. Admittedly, we assembled an average League One team as a result of the financial constraints we were under. We were favorite to go down and before the start of the season everyone would have taken 21st place in a heartbeat. Warburton has steered us to safety five rounds before the end of season, and at times this season we have actually looked like play-off contenders. If we did not have to let Wells, Scowen, Pugh and Hall leave for financial reasons I think we would have had a fighting chance to reach the play-off.

I think Warburton is doing a very good job with the limited financial means he has. It is a turnaround project and we are right in the middle of it. To sack Warburton now is plain stupidity. It is a general disease in football to sack the managers far too early. Rome is rarely built in a year, but football fans and football directors have very little understanding of the time it takes to create success. If Man U would do like other clubs, Ferguson would have been sacked after his first season as manager, as he did not deliver what most fans expected of him. I also saw a lot of people calling for Solskjær to be sacked half a year ago - an equally stupid idea, right in the middle of a turnaround.

We are very lucky to have Warburton. Lets stay behind him!
                  Really respect this post, because I'm so PC and would hate to offend

Comment

Since January Warbs has lost Wells ,Leistner , Scowen , Pugh and Hall plus Wallace hasn’t kicked a ball since before lockdown.These are all experienced footballers that have been replaced with Kakay , Oteh , Shodipo, Bettache,Clarke ,Masterson , all inexperienced youngsters .Looking at that list would anyone say Warbs has been given a fair chance . I doubt any manager in this league has had to deal with that kind of upheaval.I don’t know if Warbs will turn out to be a good or bad manager for our club but he deserves a chance to prove himself .

Comment

Got to stick with him.
                      We need player investment, but he has produced good football, brought through young players, had us scoring goals.
                      I don't understand why we apparently don't have a defence coach, as I'm reading.
                      Can't get my head around that, but we have to go down this road according to the higher management, so we have a bloke that has been relatively successful.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Got to stick with him.
                        We need player investment, but he has produced good football, brought through young players, had us scoring goals.
                        I don't understand why we apparently don't have a defence coach, as I'm reading.
                        Can't get my head around that, but we have to go down this road according to the higher management, so we have a bloke that has been relatively successful.
                        Relatively successful with us you mean? Or previously at Rangers and Forest?

Comment

Stick. But only if Cameron, Oteh, Kane, Barbet and Ball revert to "squad players" & he recruits in the areas will all see wanting . Also give Connor M.the captaincy for next season He would be a far better leader on the pitch for us than Barbet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lofter View Post
                            Stick. But only if Cameron, Oteh, Kane, Barbet and Ball revert to "squad players" & he recruits in the areas will all see wanting . Also give Connor M.the captaincy for next season He would be a far better leader on the pitch for us than Barbet.
                            Can see why Brentford binned Barbet he’s not good enough both him and Cameron lack pace. The difference is Brentford have had both a football plan and a business plan. I’m not sure we have had anything other than cost savings. The cost cutting has had to be done due to management/ director #### ups, however there are some shoots of this coming in Eze Bos manning but credit to Holloway he started it not warbs from memory. I know he tried to offload manning but he also used him lb

This is. My issue with Les he’s in for the flack because of TF balls up but I still don’t think he’s the answer or a wage we can afford or the best scout Washington Kane etc sums that up

Comment

Originally posted by Lofter View Post
                              Give the captaincy to a kid that we are not even sure is good enough and struggles to get in the team ?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

If you take emotion out of the current situation and look at everything rationally then why would we want to get rid of a bloke who built a team with just 50k and kept us in this league.

As mentioned in another thread and by others
                                on this one, losing Wells half way through the season was gut renching and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out we clearly don’t have any money, hence, the no replacement.

Just before the season stopped, we actually hit some form but obviously covid and the time off has had a big impact on the teams mental concentration and some players commitments, ie losing Hall our captain and Pugh, who were both playing very well before the season stopped and I imagine fairly influential players and leaders in the dressing room.

You then take into account that we are safe and have nothing to play for except pride and that 3 of our top performers this year manning, Eze and BOS are all pretty much nailed on to move this summer and get life changing contracts, which is probably a understandable reason they are not at full throttle then it’s no wonder the team is struggling to motivate themselves right now.

I think it’s also worth noting that we are also being asked to play a extremely hectic schedule right now which will be extremely draining, especially on players with nothing to gain from it.

As fans I think we got to hope the club are able to generate 20-25 mill from selling Eze, Manning and BOS - hopefully Eze 10-15mill, BOS 6-8mil and Manning 3-5 mill.

Extremely draining schedule , bless em they must be really tired

Comment

Working...
                                X