Warburton - stick or twist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    See the bigger picture people , I know it’s hard but this season is done . We have released to many players and not replaced them to give Warbs a fair chance.judge him and the club next season , it was always about cutting the budget and staying up this year, mission achieved roll on next season.
    I get your point but this is typical MW as Rangers and Forest fans have stated. we had one earlier this season who told us just what was going to happen with MW - lots of possession , some nice football , goals a plenty , but a leaky defence and survival, but only just.
    Given the state of the club, both financial and Board , we really can't expect much better.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I think everyone accepts he’s done well to keep a poor squad up made worse by not replacing wells and so on. We’re at a point of needing serious influx of new faces and whoever we keep needs to step up a levels I think chair has big season with Eze probably going too. Those that think we under achieved only need to watch more often. Losing hugill last few games crippled us as no cf bar oteh is a ridiculous place to let a squad be at as had he got injured feb we would be relegated and he has done very well since wells left
      I agree and there were plenty of us who stated what a huge error it was to leave us with just Oteh as back up to Hugill. As you say, had he got injured or suspended in February we would be on the bottom 3 now.

The club messed up by not finding funds to buy a reasonable back up striker or get one in on loan. Surely the savings on wages for Wells, Leistner, Smith and Malakaar could have paid for a decent striker from another league that was better than Oteh.

The club said it had some funds that it was willing to spend to buy Wells. Why not use that for a replacement?

Comment

As far as i know Warburtons style is to pass the ball and be a possesion based team alas that style is beyond our current team who think that the idea of keeping the ball is to keep passing the ball sideways or backwards and then getting it forward to a non existent centre forward. Also plying Shodipo off of Bright was stupid they are both wingers. We have plenty of players being played out of position .Also its difficult to win a game when only about 6 of your players look like they want to be there.Time for plan B but not sure we have one.

Comment

So who do you get to replace him that's a) Available and b) Better. Please do not say Long Ball Ainsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            He's gotta go. I had his number back in January and he's got progressively more ineffective since. It is starkly clear he is incapable of managing Queens Park Rangers FC. We must sack him well before start of next season. It's regrettable continually changing the manager but we have to face up to fact he is not the man for the job. Let's face it, the average tenure for a Championship manager can't be much more than a year.... Managers are lucky if they get 2 seasons. Ultimately, the plain and simple fact is he hasn't earned the right for a shot at next season with us.

You must be joking!!

We signed 13 players before the start of the season for a total transfer budget of £50.000 - fifty thousand pounds. Admittedly, we assembled an average League One team as a result of the financial constraints we were under. We were favorite to go down and before the start of the season everyone would have taken 21st place in a heartbeat. Warburton has steered us to safety five rounds before the end of season, and at times this season we have actually looked like play-off contenders. If we did not have to let Wells, Scowen, Pugh and Hall leave for financial reasons I think we would have had a fighting chance to reach the play-off.

I think Warburton is doing a very good job with the limited financial means he has. It is a turnaround project and we are right in the middle of it. To sack Warburton now is plain stupidity. It is a general disease in football to sack the managers far too early. Rome is rarely built in a year, but football fans and football directors have very little understanding of the time it takes to create success. If Man U would do like other clubs, Ferguson would have been sacked after his first season as manager, as he did not deliver what most fans expected of him. I also saw a lot of people calling for Solskjær to be sacked half a year ago - an equally stupid idea, right in the middle of a turnaround.

We are very lucky to have Warburton. Lets stay behind him!

Comment

I said before klopp wouldn’t get much more from this squad it’s that bad

Comment

Gotta stick, no manager would get much having lost Wells, Hall, Pugh and now Hugill with an already thin squad ! Today was not good enough simple as that, it could and should have been 8 or 9 but he has kept us up, when bookies had us down as odds on relegated.

Comment

We have got to stick with him and let him build a squad with the funds we hopefully get from sales. At times this season,we have played the best football I've seen us play for years but with the weak squad we have,consistency is always going to be a problem. The board need to step up and back him,something they should of done in January

Comment

He's gotta go. I had his number back in January and he's got progressively more ineffective since. It is starkly clear he is incapable of managing Queens Park Rangers FC. We must sack him well before start of next season. It's regrettable continually changing the manager but we have to face up to fact he is not the man for the job. Let's face it, the average tenure for a Championship manager can't be much more than a year.... Managers are lucky if they get 2 seasons. Ultimately, the plain and simple fact is he hasn't earned the right for a shot at next season with us.
                    Who would you replace him with tho? There aren't going to be many managers beating the door down to work with our paltry budget and set up

Comment

Stick. He's done a remarkable job when you consider the paper thin squad we have.

Though we have been exceptionally poor since coming out of lockdown, questions should be raised as to why we have been so bad.

I questioned the boards decision not to get a striker in when Wells left. It left us painfully short up front, and ultimately cost us dear. Maybe the board had decided not to invest in this manager, and his fate was decided then.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

You must be joking!!

We signed 13 players before the start of the season for a total transfer budget of £50.000 - fifty thousand pounds. Admittedly, we assembled an average League One team as a result of the financial constraints we were under. We were favorite to go down and before the start of the season everyone would have taken 21st place in a heartbeat. Warburton has steered us to safety five rounds before the end of season, and at times this season we have actually looked like play-off contenders. If we did not have to let Wells, Scowen, Pugh and Hall leave for financial reasons I think we would have had a fighting chance to reach the play-off.

I think Warburton is doing a very good job with the limited financial means he has. It is a turnaround project and we are right in the middle of it. To sack Warburton now is plain stupidity. It is a general disease in football to sack the managers far too early. Rome is rarely built in a year, but football fans and football directors have very little understanding of the time it takes to create success. If Man U would do like other clubs, Ferguson would have been sacked after his first season as manager, as he did not deliver what most fans expected of him. I also saw a lot of people calling for Solskjær to be sacked half a year ago - an equally stupid idea, right in the middle of a turnaround.

We are very lucky to have Warburton. Lets stay behind him!
                        It`s his opinion, and you have to respect it.

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Keep. He has proven he can win when given competent players. Also has bounces us out of a couple bad stretches.
                          it cant always be on the manager. We are constantly playing musical chairs with players and we need to stop turning over 75 percent of our squad every year.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree and there were plenty of us who stated what a huge error it was to leave us with just Oteh as back up to Hugill. As you say, had he got injured or suspended in February we would be on the bottom 3 now.

The club messed up by not finding funds to buy a reasonable back up striker or get one in on loan. Surely the savings on wages for Wells, Leistner, Smith and Malakaar could have paid for a decent striker from another league that was better than Oteh.

The club said it had some funds that it was willing to spend to buy Wells. Why not use that for a replacement?
                            No disrespect Stan but what would be the point at chucking money at this season when it’s all about staying up , it’s pointless just focus on next season and hopefully a totally new squad .

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

And where would that have got us , maybe 2 or 3 places higher , I’d rather have them funds in the bank for next season when hopefully we can push on .

Comment

Never mind sacking him , if I was warbs id be looking for a job where I had I chance to take a club forward with a bit of investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X