Warburton - stick or twist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton - stick or twist?

That was truly appalling even by our P I S S P O O R standards.... So time to try somebody new to see if they can do something with this ‘team’ or stay with breadman?

Got to persist with warbs as can’t see the point of changing managers every year With same results, need another revamp of squad & get rid of those spurs loans & don’t want them back either, enjoyed football we played this season apart from last six games which have been dreadful

Comment

MW finally owned up in the postgame interview that we were poor today. The bigger issue, though, is we now have a system where players pass the ball back and forth, mostly in our end of the field, with almost no ambition or recognizable style of play on the other end. So we end up with 60-70% possession in the stat book, with almost no shots on goal and little threat to change that.

Now that every other club knows that is our style of play, and allows us to mess around with the ball and waits for a mistake to counter-attack, why does MW persist with it?

Much earlier this season we had that one game where it looked like we were capable of scoring ten goals -- always on our front foot, always pressing forward with urgency, etc.

Why can't that be our style moving forward? Cause what we are seeing now is going to bleed our enthusiasm dry if it's not changed.

Comment

I’ll give him some slack as we lost wells and didn’t replace him. The two loan forwards done well other loans simply a waste of time.

we need 2 keepers
        2 -3 cb why we extended Cameron no idea too slow
        a left back Wallace past it
        midfield Cameron and ball to similar a creative midfielder and cf that we own

Eze. Bos manning have to be sold to fund a overhaul

we either back Warburton or sack him either way there’s only chair, kakay masterson worth investing time in from what we’ve seen that we’re likely to be left with. Not seen enough Battache or Gubbins to make a call on them

This squad recently looks bottom league 1 standard

Comment

Gotta stick. Fresh start next term.

Comment

I'd be reluctant to twist because I think we do need to give a manager time but we need to make sure that we're giving time to the right man and not just for the sake of it. Forest and Rangers fans both said the same thing about Warburton... Lots of possession with some pretty football that often leads to nothing. Whilst also having a poor track record in the transfer market.

All sounds too familiar to me and we can't afford to go recruiting even more players that will turn out to be not good enough. I don't trust Warburton to pick the right signings and from what I see and hear in his interviews, I don't find him inspiring or motivational at all and I don't feel like the players are truly behind him.

Comment

Need to stick. Was a huge squad overhaul with no resources in the summer and whilst we have been awful since the end of lockdown we have had some good times this season too.

I suspect we are another couple of major summer overhauls from getting anywhere near settled and that will result in another messy couple of seasons. There is no quick fix for the club. We need patience. So sorry folks another two years at least of frustration and ruined weekends!

Warburton for us is fine. We are who we are. Pep and Jurgen aren't going to come knocking anytime soon.

Comment

we need to stick and give him the tools to do his job properly - we have no centre forward - no centre halves - not speculating and finding the cash for Nakhi wells is in hindsight a huge mistake

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  we need to stick and give him the tools to do his job properly - we have no centre forward - no centre halves - not speculating and finding the cash for Nakhi wells is in hindsight a huge mistake
                  He was beyond our budget which was not much

Comment

Keep him if anything get Rid off the dead wood players
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

See the bigger picture people , I know it’s hard but this season is done . We have released to many players and not replaced them to give Warbs a fair chance.judge him and the club next season , it was always about cutting the budget and staying up this year, mission achieved roll on next season.

Comment

Comment

He's gotta go. I had his number back in January and he's got progressively more ineffective since. It is starkly clear he is incapable of managing Queens Park Rangers FC. We must sack him well before start of next season. It's regrettable continually changing the manager but we have to face up to fact he is not the man for the job. Let's face it, the average tenure for a Championship manager can't be much more than a year.... Managers are lucky if they get 2 seasons. Ultimately, the plain and simple fact is he hasn't earned the right for a shot at next season with us.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
                            I'd be reluctant to twist because I think we do need to give a manager time but we need to make sure that we're giving time to the right man and not just for the sake of it. Forest and Rangers fans both said the same thing about Warburton... Lots of possession with some pretty football that often leads to nothing. Whilst also having a poor track record in the transfer market.

All sounds too familiar to me and we can't afford to go recruiting even more players that will turn out to be not good enough. I don't trust Warburton to pick the right signings and from what I see and hear in his interviews, I don't find him inspiring or motivational at all and I don't feel like the players are truly behind him.
                            I agree with this one. It`s all very sad, because I thought we had found the solution to our problems. On the bright side, I`m clearly and thankfully not the right person to decide his faith.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                              See the bigger picture people , I know it’s hard but this season is done . We have released to many players and not replaced them to give Warbs a fair chance.judge him and the club next season , it was always about cutting the budget and staying up this year, mission achieved roll on next season.
                              I think everyone accepts he’s done well to keep a poor squad up made worse by not replacing wells and so on. We’re at a point of needing serious influx of new faces and whoever we keep needs to step up a levels I think chair has big season with Eze probably going too. Those that think we under achieved only need to watch more often. Losing hugill last few games crippled us as no cf bar oteh is a ridiculous place to let a squad be at as had he got injured feb we would be relegated and he has done very well since wells left

Comment

Working...
                              X