After match Warburton interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Think he has done well with what he has overall. If he was perfect would be managing at top end of Premiership.

Difficulty for us is money. We are desperately short of strikers and they cost a fortune so we have had to rely on two loan strikers. One got snapped up in January and the other now injured.

We may lose any Eze/BOS money due to Covid losses. If we don't then some of that money needs to go on at least one half decent striker and probably get another couple on loan and some kind of replacement for Eze/BOS. Outside of that another rebuilding exercise which was always inevitable. We are a long term project that needs to be carefully and sustainably managed. It won't be sexy!
    That’s a fair view of where we are and where we need to get to .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      He seemed pissed off , digging Chair out for that miss as well .
      And that technique has really worked well under Jose mourinho over the last few years
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

And that technique has really worked well under Jose mourinho over the last few years
        Yeah it’s a fine line between giving players a nudge and digging them out . Truth is Chair will have to up his game especially with Eze and Bos probably moving on .

Comment

I just want one season where our squad isnt littered with deadline day loan drama. Im tired of seeing our squad constantly stripped every single season to the bare bones and rebuilt. Same ####, different season. 1/4 are released because they are useless, another 1/4 are sold or move on a free, another 1/4 are moved back to parent club off loan, and the remaining 1/4 watch as our entire team is rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            He seemed pissed off , digging Chair out for that miss as well .
            yes, but he refused to lay blame on Lumley when he was gifting opponents goals instead saying we defend as a team blah blah blah. He shouldn't be digging out Chair for that miss, at least he got it on target unlike Amos and his miss against Fulham!. I don't recall him laying any blame then, but he actually praised Amos for his performance.

Comment

Problem is we win the ball, give it to Eze and then stand around watching him glide about with it until he has nowhere to go and no-one to pass to.

Movement up front is shocking and the midfield of Ball, Cameron and Amos aren't forward thinking enough to cause the opposition problems by moving up field.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Problem is we win the ball, give it to Eze and then stand around watching him glide about with it until he has nowhere to go and no-one to pass to.

Movement up front is shocking and the midfield of Ball, Cameron and Amos aren't forward thinking enough to cause the opposition problems by moving up field.
                That’s a great point. Eze is a decent player in real poor side.

Comment

Managers rarely criticise players in the media because they they dont want to lose the players. Quite correctly; it's all done behind closed doors. Fergie never did it and preferred to blame the refs for all poor results. I woukdnt like to be called out by my boss in public and why should footballers be any different when there might be some nut case out there who would take it to another level. Perhaps you guys would prefer a Tim Sherwood who would literally cry in front of the press?

Comment

I don't agree with signalling out individuals. I'm a football coach and it's never something that I have ever agreed with,
                    but saying that our defensive line was poor, or that our movement up front was non existent is factual and honest. Why gloss over our frailties. When it's painfully obvious to see.

Comment

This team (minus a couple) were unbeaten in 6 before lockdown , problem is we have nothing to play for players on the beach , don't want to get injured / heads turned by transfers to bigger clubs .hence half hearted performances . ... Can u see eze going for a 50/50 when he's got a massive pay day around the corner ..... It's all about the money nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Managers rarely criticise players in the media because they they dont want to lose the players. Quite correctly; it's all done behind closed doors. Fergie never did it and preferred to blame the refs for all poor results. I woukdnt like to be called out by my boss in public and why should footballers be any different when there might be some nut case out there who would take it to another level. Perhaps you guys would prefer a Tim Sherwood who would literally cry in front of the press?
                        I agree which is why I cannot understand blaming Chair for having his shot saved.
                        I also agree with 72bus. The players look like they are saving themselves for their next move or season ahead.

Also, yes the midfield are not attack minded enough, made to look worse by the lack of forwards.

Can't wait for this shambolic end to the season to come to a close.

Comment

Working...
                        X