Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After match Warburton interview

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • After match Warburton interview

    We should have scored 3, really must have missed the other 2 chances apart from Chairs weak effort

  • #2
    He watched a different game to me. Chair should of scored that’s it

    if Bos and Eze go we need 20-30m as this squad is pi poor

    imo Warburton probably done well to keep us up but we lose too many games 5-6 on the spin but turns it around when we look lost, so he needs some investment of some level. But since restart we look all over the place and that’s my biggest concern for next season

    Comment


    • #3
      He seemed pissed off , digging Chair out for that miss as well .

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with the sentiment above, shared by the way by Andy Sinton and anyone watching. We looked slow, sloppy and lacked ANY sense of urgency when trailing late. I'm sorry, but once in a while a coach has to be brutally square with fans if he wants to maintain trust.

        Should have said, "we played poorly...so we will go back to the training ground, review the film, and pledge to close out the season -- win or lose -- QPR proud".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          He seemed pissed off , digging Chair out for that miss as well .
          Where was his "#### and vinegar" when Manning took fifteen seconds over a free kick at midfield with little time remaining, only to ultimately back pass?

          The speed of the leader determines the pace of the pack. Generally very supportive of MW, but today was not only a failure to show up (by the players) but a failure to coach.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

            Where was his "#### and vinegar" when Manning took fifteen seconds over a free kick at midfield with little time remaining, only to ultimately back pass?

            The speed of the leader determines the pace of the pack. Generally very supportive of MW, but today was not only a failure to show up (by the players) but a failure to coach.
            It must be difficult for him , No Hugil , No Wells , having to blood Oteh instead who lets be honest will more than likely be released this summer .As previous posters have said let’s get this season over and start afresh.Budgets have been slashed and we are blooding youngsters , it’s a tough gig right now .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

              It must be difficult for him , No Hugil , No Wells , having to blood Oteh instead who lets be honest will more than likely be released this summer .As previous posters have said let’s get this season over and start afresh.Budgets have been slashed and we are blooding youngsters , it’s a tough gig right now .
              I’ve said before Warburton done well on zero budget but we have to invest on player sales or were buggered this squad is even weaker for hall and Pugh going. Oteh is non league if I’m honest Amos is poor quality so can’t really blame warbs too much but he should have the funds from sales as he’s worked on a Poundland budget this season

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

                It must be difficult for him , No Hugil , No Wells , having to blood Oteh instead who lets be honest will more than likely be released this summer .As previous posters have said let’s get this season over and start afresh.Budgets have been slashed and we are blooding youngsters , it’s a tough gig right now .
                I agree it is difficult without any real centre forward. Oteh is just not good enough for this level - he barely did anything even on loan in League 1 last season with Walsall or League 2 with Bradford this season, but he is deluding himself if he thinks we could have scored 3 when I and others have only seen the 1 chance missed by Chair. Yes, we could have had a penalty for handball, but there was nothing else created.

                The players have seen the league table, seen the recent results of the clubs below them and some of them are eyeing up their next move in the summer and don't want to risk injury.

                And as manager/head coach he did little to change things. The rest of this season will continue in the same vein. Luton and West Brom need points for their targets. The only blessing we have now is that neither Sheff Weds or Millwall are desperate for points as they will not be getting into the play offs nor likely to get relegated.

                We have been largely pi$$ poor since the restart and he is going to need all the help he can get to make good changes to the squad for next season. We need to improve at Goalkeeper (Dieng possibly will be better than Lumley or Kelly), Right Back, Centre Back, creative midfield once Eze has gone, and at least 3 new strikers.

                I agree also with Shaggy. this squad has suffered without Hall who at least provided some attacking threat at set pieces and Pugh offered more than Amos.

                it's now down to the DoF to negotiate some good fees for Eze and BOS so that Warburton can rebuild this squad so that it can be competitive again next season. Otherwise it is likely to be a relegation fighting squad.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Like the last post.

                  Let’s hope we move Eze, Bos and Manning on so we can completely rebuild.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                    Like the last post.

                    Let’s hope we move Eze, Bos and Manning on so we can completely rebuild.
                    I hope we can keep hold of BOS, Manning could stay too.

                    Eze will be off to Palace unless something changes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                      Like the last post.

                      Let’s hope we move Eze, Bos and Manning on so we can completely rebuild.
                      We don't need 3 x keepers either! If we get offered a bag of training balls and bibs for Lumley, I'd snap there hand off! Can we cancel Kanes contract too and offload him? I've seen some poor players for us these last 20 or so years, but he has to be the WORST RB the club has seen in that time! He cannot defend, cannot cross, never scores etc etc.

                      Another MASSIVE re-building job in the Summer searching in poundland and scrapingthebottomofthebarrel.com again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Under Warburton is he making the most of what he does have or is he not as good as we hoped? The check is have/are we improving. This season is over bar a few more disapointing results and a win against WBA!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Watched the highlights last nite , players jogging back when Wigan had the ball and on the attack . Eze guilty of this all season . Warbs must look at the team and know who's up for it and who isn't . Lack of effort is inexcusable in any team

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                            I agree with the sentiment above, shared by the way by Andy Sinton and anyone watching. We looked slow, sloppy and lacked ANY sense of urgency when trailing late. I'm sorry, but once in a while a coach has to be brutally square with fans if he wants to maintain trust.

                            Should have said, "we played poorly...so we will go back to the training ground, review the film, and pledge to close out the season -- win or lose -- QPR proud".
                            Totally agree, if the coach constantly puts a positive spin on every game, you end up alienating supporters, at the very time you need them most. Better to come out and say "it's not good enough'. At least it's an honest appraisal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Think he has done well with what he has overall. If he was perfect would be managing at top end of Premiership.

                              Difficulty for us is money. We are desperately short of strikers and they cost a fortune so we have had to rely on two loan strikers. One got snapped up in January and the other now injured.

                              We may lose any Eze/BOS money due to Covid losses. If we don't then some of that money needs to go on at least one half decent striker and probably get another couple on loan and some kind of replacement for Eze/BOS. Outside of that another rebuilding exercise which was always inevitable. We are a long term project that needs to be carefully and sustainably managed. It won't be sexy!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X