Our Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Joe

QPR goalkeeper Joe Lumley has even more reason to celebrate Sunday’s victory over Middlesbrough, having today [Monday] been named in the EFL Championship Team of the Week.

Well deserved. Thought Kakay should have been named too.

Lumley has been named in the Championship’s weekly all-star team alongside:
    • Gabriel Osho (Reading)
    • Christopher Schindler (Huddersfield Town)
    • Tom McIntyre (Reading)
    • Barry Douglas (Leeds United)
    • Jordan Cousins (Stoke City)
    • Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United)
    • Matheus Pereira (West Bromwich Albion)
    • Said Benrahma (Brentford)
    • Yakou Meite (Reading)
    • Tyrese Campbell (Stoke City)

He did well yesterday so credit where it’s due but you always feel there’s a clanger waiting to happen . It was a good call by Warburton though as Kelly cost us the game against Fulham . Hopefully Joe can finish the season error free but I doubt it .

Comment

And would you believe it: Jordan Cousins, now Stoke, is in there as well. Both players have finally got a confidence boost.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

When the fans aren't on his back every time he touches the ball, things like this will happen. He's a great keeper but still young.
        Was asked to play out from the back when the defenders in front of him weren't capable, only Barbet really comfortable doing this and most of the mistakes attributed to Joe were when he was out of the side.
        Hopefully the fans will now back him.

Comment

It can only be good if he regains his form and provides competition in the keeper position, I'm glad MW saw fit to give him another chance, it worked out well but as Stainrod says, you always feel there is a clanger in him because of past performances!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            It can only be good if he regains his form and provides competition in the keeper position, I'm glad MW saw fit to give him another chance, it worked out well but as Stainrod says, you always feel there is a clanger in him because of past performances!
            Spot on mate! One good game per season should not make him first choice. As you and Stainrod and probably thousands of us others believe, he cannot be trusted between the sticks and will cost us goals on a regular basis with his mistakes. I've said before, I'd like to see Dieng given a run in the side if his only competition is Kelly and Lumley.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              I agree he had a good game, but he actually did make a clanger when he went for a cross and dropped / flapped at the ball. Luckily the Middlesboro forward didnt get to the loose ball.

He makes far too many mistakes to give me any confidence in him. I do hope he can cut out these errors as he is not a bad shot stopper when confident.

Comment

Very windy match up there too. Took strength of character to step up to the plate and perform after what has frankly been a torrid season for Joe. There's no point sugar-coating it, Joe's had a stinker of a season and was rightly dropped. However, there is no reason why he cannot come back mentally tougher and with a consistent performance level - these remaining relatively pressure-free games are an ideal platform for Joe to cement his position as our de facto No.1 and go into next season with a positive mindset.

Comment

Working...
                X