X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigan have gone into administration.

First of many.

Well that's one relegation slot taken.

Very sad state of affairs and hopefully there'll be someone around who can take them over.

But at least the Premier League did its bit yesterday by donating £1m to support womens football.......!!

Comment

That’s us officially safe now then Do hope they get saved though Even though I hated Whelan !

Comment

That 10 million transfer in January to Milan would have helped them avoid this and shows you how much selling players at the right time and for the right price helps keeps clubs going and in some cases when the money is re invested prosper. Their big problem was/is that football is 2nd to Rugby League in the town and the interest now is not what it was while in the PL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          That’s us officially safe now then Do hope they get saved though Even though I hated Whelan !
          Really?

I assume we will lose the 3 points we got when we beat them 3-1 at home and the game on 8th July will get cancelled? Unless the players play on for free and Wigan just get the 10 point deduction for going into administration?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            That 10 million transfer in January to Milan would have helped them avoid this and shows you how much selling players at the right time and for the right price helps keeps clubs going and in some cases when the money is re invested prosper. Their big problem was/is that football is 2nd to Rugby League in the town and the interest now is not what it was while in the PL.
            I bet Grant Hall is wondering whether he's done the right thing by being without a club right now. If he want to come back we should tell him to go do one!!!

Comment

Anyone know whether going to administration always results in a points deduction?

I guess if the EFL make an exception, there will be all sorts of appeals from others (who do go down)

Just heard that it could be that the points deduction is deferred until next season as the deadline for any points deduction for this season was March

What a mess!

Comment

Just stated on Sky that the new owners only took over one month ago??? They are appealing for interested parties to contact the administrators to buy the club!

Comment

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1037511182?-1882:1064

Blimey, benefits us but have to feel sorry for them. Could easily have been us if we didn’t have owners who are subbing the club to the tune of £1m per month

Comment

The sooner a decission is made on next season the better. Clubs dont even have 20/21 ST money to fall back on.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Really?

I assume we will lose the 3 points we got when we beat them 3-1 at home and the game on 8th July will get cancelled? Unless the players play on for free and Wigan just get the 10 point deduction for going into administration?
                      Thats not how administration works. We keep our 3 points against them

Comment

Well we can thank hoo’s & Ferdinand for keeping QPR out of administration with the number cuts we’ve had to make

Comment

I bet Grant Hall is wondering whether he's done the right thing by being without a club right now. If he want to come back we should tell him to go do one!!!
                          I’d take Hall back on one condition, he goes in goal .

Comment

Wigan Administrator on Sky has just confirmed that there is no reason why they wont be able to fulfill their remaining fixtures. So our away game on the 8th July is very much on.

Comment

Well that's one relegation slot taken.

Very sad state of affairs and hopefully there'll be someone around who can take them over.

But at least the Premier League did its bit yesterday by donating £1m to support womens football.......!!
                              Their generosity knows no bounds

Comment

Working...
                              X