How much has lockdown cost the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much has lockdown cost the club?

If each supporter pays an average of £40 for a ticket, drink and programme then the lost revenue for losing four home games with an average crowd of 15,000 would be £2.4m

I accept a lot of ST holders didnt apply for refunds which would reduce that amount, but perhaps the loss of match day advertising, corporate entertainment and shop sales would add to it.

Losing £2.4m from our budget is effectively losing 6 players on £7,700 a week from next seasons squad. I really hope we get good money for Eze and BOS but with debts on the last accounts of £33m I very much doubt any money will be used on buying players.

I think we'll be shopping in the bargain bucket again next season.

Like we haven't already?!

Comment

??????
      Our match-day revenue over a WHOLE season is £5.25ish million. That's £0.25 million per game. I dunno how much of that is STs (a third?) and/or how many ST wanted a refund but I reckon we'll lose an average of £0.2 million per game so that's £800,000 over the 4 lost games.
      But, we will save money by NOT staging those games.... Policing, security, utilities, cleaning, advertising, ticketing etc etc. Overall I'd be surprised if our losses were more than £500K.
      Obviously that's a kick in the goolies but let's face it, all clubs are in the same boat more or less. Some will be worse off though, Blackburn were expecting 7000 Leeds fans paying £45 a head for instance.

Comment

Our average gate this season is 12,283 not 15,000.

Comment

I doubt there will be any pay off of owners loans. If anything they'll probably increase to fund the ongoing permitted losses.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            If each supporter pays an average of £40 for a ticket, drink and programme then the lost revenue for losing four home games with an average crowd of 15,000 would be £2.4m

I accept a lot of ST holders didnt apply for refunds which would reduce that amount, but perhaps the loss of match day advertising, corporate entertainment and shop sales would add to it.

Losing £2.4m from our budget is effectively losing 6 players on £7,700 a week from next seasons squad. I really hope we get good money for Eze and BOS but with debts on the last accounts of £33m I very much doubt any money will be used on buying players.

I think we'll be shopping in the bargain bucket again next season.
            Yes, bargain bucket again for QPR even if Eze and BOS are sold for 8 figure fees. There will be very little money coming in if no fans allowed until 2021 so the tranfer money will go into the pot for the club's running costs.

The transfer budget will be more than the £50,000 for last pre season but it wont be much at all. Fans can forget about the likes of McKenna and instead think of League 2 or National League level along with frees and loans.

Comment

Surely FFP should be paused until some form of normality returns?
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

We are overachieving, ask strangerod

LES OUT
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes