Drama Queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Trust me i'm a very smart person, CEO of a huge company by the age of 27. I'm very switched on and I know it

I'm not wasting time on you strangerod, I just don't like the rubbish, propaganda and spin you try to impose

We as a club are crap and it starts from the owners, and Les Ferdinand is a huge factor in the failings of this football club. Brentford didn't have a pot to #### in but they have clued up owners and most importantly hugely successful people including a great CEO

I'm not wasting time on loco people, I have my family to be happy with
    Many congratulations on your recent promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

It would be great if you and 'qpr' could provide some facts and justification behind your accusations. You talk about players being sold for peanuts so lets go through them 1 by 1:

Austin - If the board had accepted Leicesters 15 million offer for Charlie then you all would have gone bonkers. 'Promotion out the window', 'Now we've got no hope in the championship' etc. The first thing we wanted to do was get back into the premier league and keeping hold of Charlie was a big part of that. The January window came and there was no hope of us getting promoted which left us in a position where he had only 6 months left on his deal. At this stage you take whatever money you can get hold of and 4 million from Southampton was unfortunately all we could get. Would you rather they forced him to stay and let him go on a free at the end of the season?

Freeman - 5 million for a 27 year old that has never played at premier league level? You're crazy if you think we could get any more than that. Fantastic player at championship level and probably hasnt been given a fair shot in the prem, but age isnt on his side and its now or never for Luke.

Smithies - Probably the only one out of the 3 that we maybe could have got a little bit more for. However, if only one party is interested and the player wants the move then there really is little the club can do in such a situation.

On your point about 'selling players for peanuts and reinvesting #### all', it strikes me that you clearly dont understand financial fair play. You can only spend money based on what the club brings in. The owners finances are irrelevant when it comes to new signings, this is only beneficial for off the field matters like training grounds, stadiums etc. The club can only spend what it makes from ticket sales, sponsorships and player sales. We have one of the smallest grounds in the league and bring in a lot less than the large majority of the league, hence the low budget. Couple that with years of ridiculous spending and insane player wages and you have a club that is just starting to be sustainable after a few years of cutting costs and releasing players.

I often hear the classic 'Well Brentford are a smaller club and have a smaller ground, why are they doing better than us?'. See below:

Brentford Departures 15/16 - Andre Gray (11.16m)

" " 16/17 - Scott Hogan (9.45m)

" " 17/18 - Jota (5.85m)

" " 18/19 - Chris Mepham (12.24m), Ryan Woods (6.53m), Nico Yennaris (4.95m)

" " 19/20 - Neal Maupay (19.80m), Ezri Konsa (11.97m)

Total - 81.95m

A total of 81.95 million made from player sales over 5 seasons. One failed attempt at the play-offs and now challenging for automatic promotion.

This is the model we are just beginning to follow. This is the first season we've had some assets of our own and we must sell them on and repeat to achieve success. Unfortunately fans have to realise that this is a long process and we're only just at the beginning of it.

Of course there is always the option that the owners ignore FFP and have a 3 year gamble at the premier league. If thats what you would like them to do then I respect your opinion, but understand that failure to get promoted will leave us in administration. Is it really worth the risk or would you rather us be patient for a few years and eventually challenge for promotion the right way? I know which one I'd prefer.

Good points there, but how did Brentford get so much for their players? Is it not by asking for bigger fees and then refusing to sell until a bigger offer is rincreased.Perhaps
      QPR could have refused to sell Smithies and Freeman until the offers were increased.

As for keeping Austin & co in order to win promotion , how about appointing a better man to manage the squad rather than Chris Ramsey or later, JFH? They actually had Warnock in place. Or perhaps Jokanovic ? I did say this at the time so it isn't hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Good points there, but how did Brentford get so much for their players? Is it not by asking for bigger fees and then refusing to sell until a bigger offer is rincreased.Perhaps
        QPR could have refused to sell Smithies and Freeman until the offers were increased.

As for keeping Austin & co in order to win promotion , how about appointing a better man to manage the squad rather than Chris Ramsey or later, JFH? They actually had Warnock in place. Or perhaps Jokanovic ? I did say this at the time so it isn't hindsight.
        Firstly, keeping hold of a player that wants to leave isnt worth it. You're essentially paying someone to not perform. Bad idea and not good for the dressing room.

As I've already said, Freeman was at his peak and had never played in the premier league before. If he was 23/24 then you're looking at a player with years ahead of him and a lot of potential. Nobody would have paid any more than 6 million for a 27 year old with no premier league experience. Sheffield United broke their transfer record to sign him.

Our fan base has a real tendency to over value our players. You cant start a bidding war if there is only 1 party interested in your player. Smithies went and sat on the bench at Cardiff, Freeman went and sat on the bench at Sheffield United. They've hardly set the world alight.

If Eze goes for 6 million then I will join you calling for the head of Les Ferdinand, he's 21 and has the world at his feet. 12 goals and 8 assists is a better season than Freeman ever had with us and he's 6 years younger. This is the type of player that we should be getting a good fee for. Lets see what Les & co can do with this one.

I want to make clear that I'm not saying Les is immune to criticism, you make some valid points about the decision to bring in JFH and get rid of Warnock etc. What I dont agree with is the ridiculous conspiracy theories that some are throwing around on here. I think Les should be held accountable for all the decisions he makes as DOF, but some on here just want to slate him after every poor result.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Good post , my take on the Pugh situation is that yes the club saved money by letting him go but I don’t think they thought he did enough to deserve another contract . Grant Hall got offered one albeit on reduced terms but Pugh didn’t . No spin intended.I am also disappointed how we have come back from lockdown , it feels like the players have mentally switched off , not sure if part of that comes from Hoos moaning about not expecting it so soon which I find ridiculous.
          I agree that Hoos and Warburton's rants sbout the restart says a lot about how ill prepared the club were and just how far they were behind some clubs i.e. Brentford, Wigan, Charlton etc.

As for Pugh, he wasn't great but I think he did more than Amos did and the latter had his contract extended.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

Firstly, keeping hold of a player that wants to leave isnt worth it. You're essentially paying someone to not perform. Bad idea and not good for the dressing room.

As I've already said, Freeman was at his peak and had never played in the premier league before. If he was 23/24 then you're looking at a player with years ahead of him and a lot of potential. Nobody would have paid any more than 6 million for a 27 year old with no premier league experience. Sheffield United broke their transfer record to sign him.

Our fan base has a real tendency to over value our players. You cant start a bidding war if there is only 1 party interested in your player. Smithies went and sat on the bench at Cardiff, Freeman went and sat on the bench at Sheffield United. They've hardly set the world alight.

If Eze goes for 6 million then I will join you calling for the head of Les Ferdinand, he's 21 and has the world at his feet. 12 goals and 8 assists is a better season than Freeman ever had with us and he's 6 years younger. This is the type of player that we should be getting a good fee for. Lets see what Les & co can do with this one.

I want to make clear that I'm not saying Les is immune to criticism, you make some valid points about the decision to bring in JFH and get rid of Warnock etc. What I dont agree with is the ridiculous conspiracy theories that some are throwing around on here. I think Les should be held accountable for all the decisions he makes as DOF, but some on here just want to slate him after every poor result.

Ok, we will agree to disagree on the rights and wrongs of keeping hold of players who want away etc.
            ​​
            I do not criticise The DoF because of a couple of defeats, but for his role inrplayer sales and signings, managerial appointments and now as surely he should have had a say in how the squad prepared for the restart. As DoF he together with Warburton should have had a better plan in place to deal with the restart.

The last 2 fixtures have been a shambles and I shudder to think what a good side like Fulham can do if we don't improve dramatically. They have lost both of their matches too, but they were against Brentford and Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Ok, we will agree to disagree on the rights and wrongs of keeping hold of players who want away etc.
              ​​
              I do not criticise The DoF because of a couple of defeats, but for his role inrplayer sales and signings, managerial appointments and now as surely he should have had a say in how the squad prepared for the restart. As DoF he together with Warburton should have had a better plan in place to deal with the restart.

The last 2 fixtures have been a shambles and I shudder to think what a good side like Fulham can do if we don't improve dramatically. They have lost both of their matches too, but they were against Brentford and Leeds.
              This is exactly what I mean about holding Les to account for stuff he just isnt responsible for. A director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board, he has no say over what happens on the pitch. The entire purpose of the DOF role is to let the manager and his coaching staff solely focus on football, fitness and any other coaching matters.

I agree that the last 2 fixtures have been a shambles. However thats down to Mark, his coaching staff and the players must take some personal responsibility for not staying in shape over the lockdown period.

Player sales and signings we can agree he is largely responsible for. I've spoken about these above and challenge anyone to tell me a player we've sold that we should have got more money for.

As I said, if he sells Bright and Eze for peanuts then I will be the first to criticize him. Its just ridiculous to make someone a scapegoat because you dont like whats happening on the pitch.

Comment

We are possibly the worst defensive side in the league

Comment

Strangerod's propaganda and spin, you love to see it

LES OUT
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO