Drama Queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

The clubs strategy has to be nurture our own talent and sell .Do you think the likes of Eze and Bos etc. are going to sign 4 year contracts on 5k a week when they can go elsewhere and earn £50k a week , your just not being realistic .We need to sell to reinvest it’s the only way forward for clubs of our size , look at Brentford , sell players , scout well and reinvest .As for Thompson , selling Ferdinand , sinton , peacock etc. Was the right thing to do as them players wanted to leave . The issue back then was Wilkins (rip) wasted the money on poor signings and we never recovered .
    You're leaving out sell players for peanuts and reinvest ####all.
    Ultimately that plan is not sustainable, as was proven under Thompson

Comment

It’s all about preparing for next season now , that’s why , Scowen , Leistner , Pugh and Hall were released , to save money . Our transfer dealings now will be massive , I reckon Eze , Bos and Manning will go . This will leave us in a good place financially and I hope the club has already scouted good targets to take us forward in a way we can afford .
      You have some valid points , especially about not being able to force players to sign new contracts, but you do like to spin things. When I said that Pugh was released due to finances you replied was Les supposed to say it was because he wasn't good enough.

My gripe about the 2 losses is the manner in which they were lost. in two games QPR created just 2 reasonable chances from open play (pre lockdown they were creating double that in one half of a match). The players look as if they have been on holiday and are either looking forward to the next one or are holding back because they are worried about picking up an injury in case it jeopardises their summer transfer.

I am not anti Warburton, but I am anti passing the ball around at the back without any real purpose which is what they have done in those two matches.

As for the DoF, he has made some good decisions, but not enough imo to make up for the bad ones since he arrived back at the club in October 2014.

Next season will be a very difficult one because QPR will struggle to replace Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair etc. the fees they club will receive will be much less than some on here expect, because yes, the Prem clubs will play hardball and Hoos and Les imo are not good enough at calling their bluff. Not only that, but due to no fans in grounds we know that finances will be hit hard and the club will spend very little of the transfer funds they get on new players.

We will once again be looking to sign out of contract players & loanees.

Comment

"Drama Queens"! It Is the most appropriate title, judging by some of the posts within this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

You're leaving out sell players for peanuts and reinvest ####all.
          Ultimately that plan is not sustainable, as was proven under Thompson
          It would be great if you and 'qpr' could provide some facts and justification behind your accusations. You talk about players being sold for peanuts so lets go through them 1 by 1:

Austin - If the board had accepted Leicesters 15 million offer for Charlie then you all would have gone bonkers. 'Promotion out the window', 'Now we've got no hope in the championship' etc. The first thing we wanted to do was get back into the premier league and keeping hold of Charlie was a big part of that. The January window came and there was no hope of us getting promoted which left us in a position where he had only 6 months left on his deal. At this stage you take whatever money you can get hold of and 4 million from Southampton was unfortunately all we could get. Would you rather they forced him to stay and let him go on a free at the end of the season?

Freeman - 5 million for a 27 year old that has never played at premier league level? You're crazy if you think we could get any more than that. Fantastic player at championship level and probably hasnt been given a fair shot in the prem, but age isnt on his side and its now or never for Luke.

Smithies - Probably the only one out of the 3 that we maybe could have got a little bit more for. However, if only one party is interested and the player wants the move then there really is little the club can do in such a situation.

On your point about 'selling players for peanuts and reinvesting #### all', it strikes me that you clearly dont understand financial fair play. You can only spend money based on what the club brings in. The owners finances are irrelevant when it comes to new signings, this is only beneficial for off the field matters like training grounds, stadiums etc. The club can only spend what it makes from ticket sales, sponsorships and player sales. We have one of the smallest grounds in the league and bring in a lot less than the large majority of the league, hence the low budget. Couple that with years of ridiculous spending and insane player wages and you have a club that is just starting to be sustainable after a few years of cutting costs and releasing players.

I often hear the classic 'Well Brentford are a smaller club and have a smaller ground, why are they doing better than us?'. See below:

Brentford Departures 15/16 - Andre Gray (11.16m)

" " 16/17 - Scott Hogan (9.45m)

" " 17/18 - Jota (5.85m)

" " 18/19 - Chris Mepham (12.24m), Ryan Woods (6.53m), Nico Yennaris (4.95m)

" " 19/20 - Neal Maupay (19.80m), Ezri Konsa (11.97m)

Total - 81.95m

A total of 81.95 million made from player sales over 5 seasons. One failed attempt at the play-offs and now challenging for automatic promotion.

This is the model we are just beginning to follow. This is the first season we've had some assets of our own and we must sell them on and repeat to achieve success. Unfortunately fans have to realise that this is a long process and we're only just at the beginning of it.

Of course there is always the option that the owners ignore FFP and have a 3 year gamble at the premier league. If thats what you would like them to do then I respect your opinion, but understand that failure to get promoted will leave us in administration. Is it really worth the risk or would you rather us be patient for a few years and eventually challenge for promotion the right way? I know which one I'd prefer.

Comment

Gee fanks brad........

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

It would be great if you and 'qpr' could provide some facts and justification behind your accusations. You talk about players being sold for peanuts so lets go through them 1 by 1:

Austin - If the board had accepted Leicesters 15 million offer for Charlie then you all would have gone bonkers. 'Promotion out the window', 'Now we've got no hope in the championship' etc. The first thing we wanted to do was get back into the premier league and keeping hold of Charlie was a big part of that. The January window came and there was no hope of us getting promoted which left us in a position where he had only 6 months left on his deal. At this stage you take whatever money you can get hold of and 4 million from Southampton was unfortunately all we could get. Would you rather they forced him to stay and let him go on a free at the end of the season?

Freeman - 5 million for a 27 year old that has never played at premier league level? You're crazy if you think we could get any more than that. Fantastic player at championship level and probably hasnt been given a fair shot in the prem, but age isnt on his side and its now or never for Luke.

Smithies - Probably the only one out of the 3 that we maybe could have got a little bit more for. However, if only one party is interested and the player wants the move then there really is little the club can do in such a situation.

On your point about 'selling players for peanuts and reinvesting #### all', it strikes me that you clearly dont understand financial fair play. You can only spend money based on what the club brings in. The owners finances are irrelevant when it comes to new signings, this is only beneficial for off the field matters like training grounds, stadiums etc. The club can only spend what it makes from ticket sales, sponsorships and player sales. We have one of the smallest grounds in the league and bring in a lot less than the large majority of the league, hence the low budget. Couple that with years of ridiculous spending and insane player wages and you have a club that is just starting to be sustainable after a few years of cutting costs and releasing players.

I often hear the classic 'Well Brentford are a smaller club and have a smaller ground, why are they doing better than us?'. See below:

Brentford Departures 15/16 - Andre Gray (11.16m)

" " 16/17 - Scott Hogan (9.45m)

" " 17/18 - Jota (5.85m)

" " 18/19 - Chris Mepham (12.24m), Ryan Woods (6.53m), Nico Yennaris (4.95m)

" " 19/20 - Neal Maupay (19.80m), Ezri Konsa (11.97m)

Total - 81.95m

A total of 81.95 million made from player sales over 5 seasons. One failed attempt at the play-offs and now challenging for automatic promotion.

This is the model we are just beginning to follow. This is the first season we've had some assets of our own and we must sell them on and repeat to achieve success. Unfortunately fans have to realise that this is a long process and we're only just at the beginning of it.

Of course there is always the option that the owners ignore FFP and have a 3 year gamble at the premier league. If thats what you would like them to do then I respect your opinion, but understand that failure to get promoted will leave us in administration. Is it really worth the risk or would you rather us be patient for a few years and eventually challenge for promotion the right way? I know which one I'd prefer.

Brilliant post and these are points I’ve tried to get across to some on here

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

You have some valid points , especially about not being able to force players to sign new contracts, but you do like to spin things. When I said that Pugh was released due to finances you replied was Les supposed to say it was because he wasn't good enough.

My gripe about the 2 losses is the manner in which they were lost. in two games QPR created just 2 reasonable chances from open play (pre lockdown they were creating double that in one half of a match). The players look as if they have been on holiday and are either looking forward to the next one or are holding back because they are worried about picking up an injury in case it jeopardises their summer transfer.

I am not anti Warburton, but I am anti passing the ball around at the back without any real purpose which is what they have done in those two matches.

As for the DoF, he has made some good decisions, but not enough imo to make up for the bad ones since he arrived back at the club in October 2014.

Next season will be a very difficult one because QPR will struggle to replace Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair etc. the fees they club will receive will be much less than some on here expect, because yes, the Prem clubs will play hardball and Hoos and Les imo are not good enough at calling their bluff. Not only that, but due to no fans in grounds we know that finances will be hit hard and the club will spend very little of the transfer funds they get on new players.

We will once again be looking to sign out of contract players & loanees.

Good post , my take on the Pugh situation is that yes the club saved money by letting him go but I don’t think they thought he did enough to deserve another contract . Grant Hall got offered one albeit on reduced terms but Pugh didn’t . No spin intended.I am also disappointed how we have come back from lockdown , it feels like the players have mentally switched off , not sure if part of that comes from Hoos moaning about not expecting it so soon which I find ridiculous.

Comment

Brilliant posts by Stainrod and Bradrangers. We have a few «Trump wannebees» on this site, who brag about themselves and give other people nicknames, but I suggest we just ignore them. If you cannot participate in discussions in a friendly and civilized way your arguments have no weight.

Comment

Thank you kofe annan!!

Comment

You are welcome!

Comment

Get a grip people , we have had 2 very poor games since lockdown but does it really deserve this kind of meltdown.Our goal this season considering our tiny budget is to stay up and I’m confident we will do that .The last few years have brought ffp fines , transfer embargo and cost cutting not seen before in our history .This isn’t the choice of our director of football or anyone else at the club it’s done out of necessity for the clubs survival. I’m amazed how short sited some fans can be after what we’ve been through recently , it seems like it’s always about the next result . We have blooded numerous youngsters that are now assets , our wage bill is now reasonable yet fans still call for peoples heads . Do you really want to go back to Hughes and Redknapp crazy spending with Boswinga , Barton Swp , samba , Sandro etc. etc.Im not saying I’m delighted were we are as a club compared to Brentford , Fulham etc . but we haven’t just arrived here , it took Over 10 years of mismanagement. We are now a club being run within our means whether we like it or not .
                        I'm very aware of the financial restrictions that our club has to contend with but before the break the players proved their ability and now they're not providing the same effort, we have lost one or two players to expired contracts but other than that it's the same team that we had 3 months ago so why have they come out of the blocks looking like they've never played together before and showing zero effort? Are they avoiding injuries ahead of the transfer window/negotiating new contracts? The rubbish football of the last two games has nothing to do with our financial restrictions, Barnsley and Charlton remember, we lost to two relegation candidates and deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I'm very aware of the financial restrictions that our club has to contend with but before the break the players proved their ability and now they're not providing the same effort, we have lost one or two players to expired contracts but other than that it's the same team that we had 3 months ago so why have they come out of the blocks looking like they've never played together before and showing zero effort? Are they avoiding injuries ahead of the transfer window/negotiating new contracts? The rubbish football of the last two games has nothing to do with our financial restrictions, Barnsley and Charlton remember, we lost to two relegation candidates and deservedly so.
                          Don’t disagree with you but are you calling for the head of the director of football on the strength of 2 performances like some others on here ? We haven’t come back right , whether that’s attitude, fitness or our better players know they are off , I’m not sure .

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Trust me i'm a very smart person, CEO of a huge company by the age of 27. I'm very switched on and I know it

I'm not wasting time on you strangerod, I just don't like the rubbish, propaganda and spin you try to impose

We as a club are crap and it starts from the owners, and Les Ferdinand is a huge factor in the failings of this football club. Brentford didn't have a pot to #### in but they have clued up owners and most importantly hugely successful people including a great CEO

I'm not wasting time on loco people, I have my family to be happy with
                            Absolutely love this post..."Trust me I'm..." You prized sausage

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post

Absolutely love this post..."Trust me I'm..." You prized sausage
                              Madness ain’t it .

Comment

Madness ain’t it .
                                As Suggs would say

Comment

Working...
                                X