Drama Queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drama Queens

Get a grip people , we have had 2 very poor games since lockdown but does it really deserve this kind of meltdown.Our goal this season considering our tiny budget is to stay up and I’m confident we will do that .The last few years have brought ffp fines , transfer embargo and cost cutting not seen before in our history .This isn’t the choice of our director of football or anyone else at the club it’s done out of necessity for the clubs survival. I’m amazed how short sited some fans can be after what we’ve been through recently , it seems like it’s always about the next result . We have blooded numerous youngsters that are now assets , our wage bill is now reasonable yet fans still call for peoples heads . Do you really want to go back to Hughes and Redknapp crazy spending with Boswinga , Barton Swp , samba , Sandro etc. etc.Im not saying I’m delighted were we are as a club compared to Brentford , Fulham etc . but we haven’t just arrived here , it took Over 10 years of mismanagement. We are now a club being run within our means whether we like it or not .

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Get a grip people , we have had 2 very poor games since lockdown but does it really deserve this kind of meltdown.Our goal this season considering our tiny budget is to stay up and I’m confident we will do that .The last few years have brought ffp fines , transfer embargo and cost cutting not seen before in our history .This isn’t the choice of our director of football or anyone else at the club it’s done out of necessity for the clubs survival. I’m amazed how short sited some fans can be after what we’ve been through recently , it seems like it’s always about the next result . We have blooded numerous youngsters that are now assets , our wage bill is now reasonable yet fans still call for peoples heads . Do you really want to go back to Hughes and Redknapp crazy spending with Boswinga , Barton Swp , samba , Sandro etc. etc.Im not saying I’m delighted were we are as a club compared to Brentford , Fulham etc . but we haven’t just arrived here , it took Over 10 years of mismanagement. We are now a club being run within our means whether we like it or not .
    Agree with that Staines but it’s always been the same on here Even if we lose one game! They want heads to roll

Comment

People have short memories.

We have a good run and suddenly we are promotion candidates, a run of adverse results and relegation beckons.

A string of five unbeaten games before the interruption and over optimistically the play offs were vigorously eyed although there was only a remote chance. Two defeats after the long break and we're back to doom scenarios. 8 teams need to overhaul us. Not entirely out of the question, but I'm sure our boys will wake up to the possibility if it looms larger.

But what's more fun at the funfair, the horsey roundabout or the roller coaster ride?

Comment

It’s all about preparing for next season now , that’s why , Scowen , Leistner , Pugh and Hall were released , to save money . Our transfer dealings now will be massive , I reckon Eze , Bos and Manning will go . This will leave us in a good place financially and I hope the club has already scouted good targets to take us forward in a way we can afford .

Comment

Indeed.

However, I have concerns about the sale-ability of the 3 at prices we would like. We seem to be between a rock and a hard thing.

With little time left in their contracts, if we decide so, we want to move them on now for a decent sum rather than hang on and have to let them go for nowt.

However with the current state of affairs economically the feeling is their worth has reduced. Add to that the lack lustre performances they are currently producing and who wants to gamble "big" sums on them? Eze has a reputation for having a lazy style of play already. The £££s seem to be diminishing.

There is the thought that in a depressed market we get less for our polished gems but pay less for our rough diamonds. I am troubled that the gap has contracted.

Comment

You’re an absolute clown strangerod

Propaganda and spin. We are ####. You are a clown
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
              Indeed.

However, I have concerns about the sale-ability of the 3 at prices we would like. We seem to be between a rock and a hard thing.

With little time left in their contracts, if we decide so, we want to move them on now for a decent sum rather than hang on and have to let them go for nowt.

However with the current state of affairs economically the feeling is their worth has reduced. Add to that the lack lustre performances they are currently producing and who wants to gamble "big" sums on them? Eze has a reputation for having a lazy style of play already. The £££s seem to be diminishing.

There is the thought that in a depressed market we get less for our polished gems but pay less for our rough diamonds. I am troubled that the gap has contracted.
              I would cash in this summer on all 3 , if I’m being honest I don’t get the hype around Manning so I’m not expecting a big fee . I kind of agree about a depressed market due to the virus but there is no lack of cash in the premier league , time will tell .

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                You’re an absolute clown strangerod

Propaganda and spin. We are ####. You are a clown
                Yet again you throw insults but have no answers to points me and others have raised . I’d happily debate with you but your clueless and oblivious to what’s been going on at the club these last few years.

Comment

So where do the points come from?
                  Which games?
                  Who's gonna get the goals?
                  Eze, and Bos are already gone, Manning not far behind.
                  When Thompson was in charge this was his strategy, sell sell sell.
                  Now Les is doing the same, you can't keep selling, because relegation follows.
                  Luv a drama queen

​​

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

So where do the points come from?
                    Which games?
                    Who's gonna get the goals?
                    Eze, and Bos are already gone, Manning not far behind.
                    When Thompson was in charge this was his strategy, sell sell sell.
                    Now Les is doing the same, you can't keep selling, because relegation follows.
                    Luv a drama queen

​​
                    The clubs strategy has to be nurture our own talent and sell .Do you think the likes of Eze and Bos etc. are going to sign 4 year contracts on 5k a week when they can go elsewhere and earn £50k a week , your just not being realistic .We need to sell to reinvest it’s the only way forward for clubs of our size , look at Brentford , sell players , scout well and reinvest .As for Thompson , selling Ferdinand , sinton , peacock etc. Was the right thing to do as them players wanted to leave . The issue back then was Wilkins (rip) wasted the money on poor signings and we never recovered .

Comment

Are they assets if their contracts are tiny and we're being taken for a mug by other clubs

Strangerod, stop with the propaganda and spin. You're just an odd fella

There is A LOT more propaganda and spin in your post but I don't want to waste much time to you strangerod
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      And many more mistakes

Comment

Yet again you throw insults but have no answers to points me and others have raised . I’d happily debate with you but your clueless and oblivious to what’s been going on at the club these last few years.
                        Trust me i'm a very smart person, CEO of a huge company by the age of 27. I'm very switched on and I know it

I'm not wasting time on you strangerod, I just don't like the rubbish, propaganda and spin you try to impose

We as a club are crap and it starts from the owners, and Les Ferdinand is a huge factor in the failings of this football club. Brentford didn't have a pot to #### in but they have clued up owners and most importantly hugely successful people including a great CEO

I'm not wasting time on loco people, I have my family to be happy with
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        And many more mistakes

Comment

Trust me i'm a very smart person, CEO of a huge company by the age of 27. I'm very switched on and I know it

I'm not wasting time on you strangerod, I just don't like the rubbish, propaganda and spin you try to impose

We as a club are crap and it starts from the owners, and Les Ferdinand is a huge factor in the failings of this football club. Brentford didn't have a pot to #### in but they have clued up owners and most importantly hugely successful people including a great CEO

For such an intelligent person with a top job , yet again you come back with absolutely nothing factual , just insults . No arguments against any of my points , like not being able to force players to sign long term contracts on peanuts compared to what they can earn elsewhere .All the money that got wasted under Hughes and Redknapp .You we’re singing Warburtons praises last week , now we are crap . Amazing .

Comment

As for being CEO of a top company , it wasn’t Woolworths was it ?

Comment

Let’s put some perspective on this

1. Les didn’t put us in the mess we’re in but I don’t believe he’s an astute Wheeler dealer in sales Either

2. if any clubs watched last 2 games none would sign Eze Bos etc it’s been crap. But we realistically need 1 win possibly a draw

3. The new ground debacle has gone on way too long we need to move to bring in income as painful as it is Brentford have been run much better am I disappointed totally but we are where we are.

4. if Eze Bos do go on the cheap then we can’t defend les as James at Man Utd is pony compared to Bos we need top dollar so go for top dollar as this squad need massive investment on better players. MW has done well and some criticism probably stems from doing too well.

5. were all Rs fans on here and want us to as well as we can but consistency comes with better quality and we splashed 50k and Saturday another 19yr old gets a cameo Battache he did more in 10 mins than the rest of midfield in 80 at least he went forwards

it’s not all doom and gloom but reality is next season will be tough

Comment

Working...
                              X