£1.2m to agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1.2m to agents

We paid £1.2m to player representatives (agents) last season. I think we signed 13 new players and extended the contracts of a few. This makes it around £75.000 per player. Even though it is far less than most other clubs in the Championship it is still a hell of a lot, not at least compared to the overfall transfer fee we paid of just £50.000 (Kelly).

Another thing that is wrong with football at the top

Comment

Massive decrease on previous years and sadly the price of doing any business. Probably now paying near enough the minimum we can...

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
        Massive decrease on previous years and sadly the price of doing any business. Probably now paying near enough the minimum we can...
        True, but it is still so very wrong that clubs have to pay for the work done by players' agents. It should be the players paying their agents, just as we 'normal' people do when we sell property and pay commission to the estate agent. The agents usually represent players, although quite a few clubs now use agents to find them players rather than using their own scouting network.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

True, but it is still so very wrong that clubs have to pay for the work done by players' agents. It should be the players paying their agents, just as we 'normal' people do when we sell property and pay commission to the estate agent. The agents usually represent players, although quite a few clubs now use agents to find them players rather than using their own scouting network.
          Baffles me why FIFA don't sort it out.... Is there any other business that pays the employee's representative to screw more salary for employee? It's beyond Kafkaesque. Imagine sitting down with your boss at annual appraisal/pay review and saying "I want Daniel Levy to handle this for me. He charges £50K per hour but you can pay that for me eh!?"
          I honestly still struggle with how most of these "Superagents" aren't breaking the third party ownership laws given how intertwined with the player their remuneration and interests are.

Comment

Maybe there should be an agent cap too?

Comment

Working...
            X