Thoughts on Burnley WLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Burnley WLM

This is not aimed at undermining black lives. It’s aimed at the blatant hypocrisy that exists when a criminal high on drugs dies 4000 miles away which then leads to a complete failure to uphold law and order, leading to riots and murders in many cities around the world and is fully justified and allowed, even in the midst of a pandemic. It is cheered on by the media. Yet when 3 white people are slain by a refugee of North African descent, any outrage or anger is met with silence. We are not allowed to be outraged at injustice anymore. We have become silenced. As a result children at concerts are blown to shreds, people are mowed down and indiscriminately stabbed, children in their 10s of thousands are groomed, trafficked and raped. Even a 7 year old can have her heat cut off in broad daylight in front of her mum on Mother’s Day. Yet all this is met with silence. No anger, no outrage.
    White lives matter is an attempt to get people to realise we have been effectively silenced and no longer have the freedom to be outraged. If we do, we are nazis, RACISTS

Just wondered what your thoughts were. I’ve been on their website and fans are furious that their team has taken the knee and then condemned WLMs. Many refusing to renew season tickets etc.

Im going to get banned for this post and probably puss off a few leftist wet lettuces but just I’d get it out there anyway.

Comment

The geezer was a rapist on drugs & a thug but can’t condone the way he was killed, all lives matter not only black, this knee lark at football is bollacks, it’s all got totally out hand these protests, I agree with what you said Asia, your going to get if anyone ethnic is arrested they will say it’s because I’m black

Comment

Even though I have never witnessed racism or discrimination in an office environment I do believe it exists and people of colour do not get the same advantages than white people get. Although I do not think there is 'systemic racism' but more work needs to be done.

In principle I support blm movement but do not support the BLM organisation because its aims are to defund the police which means remove them as an organusation in favour of social self policing. They also want to legalise all drugs and end capitalisation. There are many YouTube videos of interview with their leaders to confirm this. They are a self-confessed Marxist organisation who provide political donations to the US Democrate party so are a political organisation. Because of their aims I would not have taken the knee if I was a player to support the organisation but would have stood in respect that more needs to be done.

The media has hyped this issue to be one of systemic racism but there are many examples of white killings by USA police, just Google Tony Timpa Dallas and alternative views through YouTube on officialhodgetwins.com and Candace Owens. The media has not proved this balanced view.

But I do think that Burnley incident was embarrassing because it came across as petty and undermined the general principle that more needs to be done to improve attitudes of racism.

What annoys me is that England cannot wear shirts with the poppy on because its a political symbol but BLM gets a free ticket.

Comment

I have a real problem with what is fair in this country .

Comment

Although I never really witnessed or gave any racist views I find it a bit hypocritical sometimes that we’re slandered for speaking out as well as white. I don’t care if a skin colour is blue I’d still buy them a beer if talk sense. What naffs me off some not all protest but happily stab each other for being In the wrong gang in Harlesden bronx etc can’t have cake and eat it

Comment

Burnley FC are wrong. English football is wrong to get involved with politics.
              If the message stays the same, but the recipients are changed. So in this case black to white and it's deemed racist.
              Then it's racist in the original message.
              If footballers and blm supporters think the black power clenched fist salute is ok, then it will be argued the nazi salute is ok.
              I find both offensive for the record.

Comment

As soon as you say x matters then you are always in danger of offending y and ending up with discrimination and bias the other way. As jeffqpr says, all lives matter and that is what the campaign should say, no matter which way any bias is perceived.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I notice that Jeff Stelling and co. on Sky Sports News are gradually disappearing behind their RightOn! Lapel Badges. They are currently all sporting three.... I love NHS, TestIcular Cancer Man and BLM. I think it's a bit much to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Even though I have never witnessed racism or discrimination in an office environment I do believe it exists and people of colour do not get the same advantages than white people get. Although I do not think there is 'systemic racism' but more work needs to be done.

In principle I support blm movement but do not support the BLM organisation because its aims are to defund the police which means remove them as an organusation in favour of social self policing. They also want to legalise all drugs and end capitalisation. There are many YouTube videos of interview with their leaders to confirm this. They are a self-confessed Marxist organisation who provide political donations to the US Democrate party so are a political organisation. Because of their aims I would not have taken the knee if I was a player to support the organisation but would have stood in respect that more needs to be done.

The media has hyped this issue to be one of systemic racism but there are many examples of white killings by USA police, just Google Tony Timpa Dallas and alternative views through YouTube on officialhodgetwins.com and Candace Owens. The media has not proved this balanced view.

But I do think that Burnley incident was embarrassing because it came across as petty and undermined the general principle that more needs to be done to improve attitudes of racism.

What annoys me is that England cannot wear shirts with the poppy on because its a political symbol but BLM gets a free ticket.
                    Pretty much agree. Political correctness is becoming a disease that impedes rather than helps drive positive change. I watched Till Death do us Part as a kid with Alf Garnett as main character. For a while he had a black, gay home help called Marigold. It was comedy gold and now seems banned. Whilst it would not be made now due to some of the language used it is to me an important example of our social history. The actor Warren Mitchell gave an interview years later amazed some idiots thought of Alf as some kind of racist role model. I agreed with him in that it showcased racism existed and was an absurdity based on old prejudices and was something to be laughed at due to it's stupidity, words to that effect anyway. I got that from it even as a circa 7 year old! It taught me racism was wrong and dumb. This banning of God knows how many things, pulling down of statues creates wider divisions and entrenches both sides. There are other more positive things we can do than simply destroy or hide the past that can show how society has continued to evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      I notice that Jeff Stelling and co. on Sky Sports News are gradually disappearing behind their RightOn! Lapel Badges. They are currently all sporting three.... I love NHS, TestIcular Cancer Man and BLM. I think it's a bit much to be honest.
                      Sky never waste an opportunity to look like the good guys , same with their saving the oceans from all the plastic , like they really give a crap .

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Pretty much agree. Political correctness is becoming a disease that impedes rather than helps drive positive change. I watched Till Death do us Part as a kid with Alf Garnett as main character. For a while he had a black, gay home help called Marigold. It was comedy gold and now seems banned. Whilst it would not be made now due to some of the language used it is to me an important example of our social history. The actor Warren Mitchell gave an interview years later amazed some idiots thought of Alf as some kind of racist role model. I agreed with him in that it showcased racism existed and was an absurdity based on old prejudices and was something to be laughed at due to it's stupidity, words to that effect anyway. I got that from it even as a circa 7 year old! It taught me racism was wrong and dumb. This banning of God knows how many things, pulling down of statues creates wider divisions and entrenches both sides. There are other more positive things we can do than simply destroy or hide the past that can show how society has continued to evolve.
                        Enjoy humour whilst you can. It is terminally endangered. Humour is based on belittling or ridiculing one thing or another, the butt of the joke. And that is becoming a no-no.

Comment

Very hard to say how you feel about current affairs without being criticised one way or another.
                          Racism exists in many forms and sadly will never be eradicated.
                          All lives matter to me and I am proud of that, colour means nothing to me.

Comment

Apparently if you claim not to see colour,( which was what most of us were encouraged to do when growing up) it's because of your white privilege.

​The world is f***Ed up

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Enjoy humour whilst you can. It is terminally endangered. Humour is based on belittling or ridiculing one thing or another, the butt of the joke. And that is becoming a no-no.
                              You aren't wrong. Remember years ago being invited to an event. Realised when I got there that the entertainment was Bernard Manning. Almost walked out as all I really knew about him were the horror stories in the tabloids. Got worse as the table right in front of him was almost entirely black guys. Expected carnage. What I got was a fairly gentle mannered guy who poked fun at everything, and I mean everything, but in a way that made people laugh with him rather than some baying far right mob. At the end the black guys went up, shook his hand, had a chat and went away happy. That was in Brighton during the day and he had a gig in Blackpool that evening. He died a few months later. Behind the media vitriol was a bloke who got joy out of making people laugh.

If you wrote down what he said it would have made him look a monster. However you take any group of male friends and we spend most of the time taking the riss out of each other when we go out. If you wrote it down would make it look like we hated each other.

Time has moved on and the Manning type jokes do not have a place in modern comedy but what we have is a PC prison where people are afraid to say anything. That cannot be right. A lot of comedy is built on being irreverent. In my view it should stay that way and only be stamped on when it is intentionally abusive.

Comment

Working...
                              X