Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton

Spent more time on sky sports zoom calls, moaning about the restart date and in my view giving the players too much freedom. They looked unfit and out of sorts yesterday. Very disappointing that we were ill prepared.

I don’t praise this club often because we are ran terrible with a real lack of drive and business sense

But Warburton is the only thing I will praise. We would be in the relegation zone if it wasn’t for a good manager and how Warburton knew the right players to sign. Even tho we have scouts and should be using them effectively like others clubs, but whatever

I agree he was moaning a lot on Sky but I think we should appreciate a rare good thing this club has got right and not have ago at him
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He needs to spend less time moaning and a damn sight more time on defense training.

For all the good points I see in Warburton, they are largely over shadowed by our absolutely shocking defense.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        I don’t praise this club often because we are ran terrible with a real lack of drive and business sense

But Warburton is the only thing I will praise. We would be in the relegation zone if it wasn’t for a good manager and how Warburton knew the right players to sign. Even tho we have scouts and should be using them effectively like others clubs, but whatever

I agree he was moaning a lot on Sky but I think we should appreciate a rare good thing this club has got right and not have ago at him
        I think the most important decision of any club is choice of manager. The one who appointed Warburton must have got his key decision right.

Comment

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I think the most important decision of any club is choice of manager. The one who appointed Warburton must have got his key decision right.
            No. Lesley has been here for several years and got one manager right, he’s got every other manager, and there’s been a few, completely wrong including Steve McClaren, not keeping Neil Warnock when it was quite frankly ridiculous not to keep him, Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank and more. That person doesn’t deserve praise

Thats like if someone had chocolate everyday and after 6 years they have fruit and everyone praises that person, they shouldn’t of got it wrong everyday for 6 years to begin with
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

No. Lesley has been here for several years and got one manager right, he’s got every other manager, and there’s been a few, completely wrong including Steve McClaren, not keeping Neil Warnock when it was quite frankly ridiculous not to keep him, Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank and more. That person doesn’t deserve praise

Thats like if someone had chocolate everyday and after 6 years they have fruit and everyone praises that person, they shouldn’t of got it wrong everyday for 6 years to begin with
              Hindsight is a great thing , Warnock was great first time around but he was never going to sign up to a budget of austerity which the club were pursuing.I don’t remember any complaints about Hasselebank at the time , in fact we were all encouraged that the club had given a young up and coming manager that had done well in his previous job an opportunity.It didn’t work out and Ollie returned , he did understand the financial situation and the general consensus is he did a good job , blooding youngsters and bringing in Freeman and keeping us in the championship .As for McLaren this is well documented that this was Fernandez interfering to bring in what he was calling at the time his ( dream coach ) .Its no coincidence that since then Fernandez has taken a back seat and stayed off the radar to allow Hoos and Les to take the club forward.Every management appointment is a gamble but a bit of fair perspective is sometimes needed as I’m sure we all want the best for the club .

Comment

I think we shouldn't just credit Les for signing Warburton but what appears to be to be a a set of good coaches:

* Chris Ramsey
                * John Eustace
                * Neil Banfield
                * Paul Hall

I think we are in a good place right now and credit has to go where credit is due.

To create the impression Ferdinand isn't doing a good job is simply not right. With the limited resources we have we are doing very fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Hindsight is a great thing , Warnock was great first time around but he was never going to sign up to a budget of austerity which the club were pursuing.I don’t remember any complaints about Hasselebank at the time , in fact we were all encouraged that the club had given a young up and coming manager that had done well in his previous job an opportunity.It didn’t work out and Ollie returned , he did understand the financial situation and the general consensus is he did a good job , blooding youngsters and bringing in Freeman and keeping us in the championship .As for McLaren this is well documented that this was Fernandez interfering to bring in what he was calling at the time his ( dream coach ) .Its no coincidence that since then Fernandez has taken a back seat and stayed off the radar to allow Hoos and Les to take the club forward.Every management appointment is a gamble but a bit of fair perspective is sometimes needed as I’m sure we all want the best for the club .
                  I think you'll find quite a lot of us were disgruntled that Warnock was not given the job instead of JFH.

Comment

As for the opening statement on this thread, I agree that QPR looked ill prepared for the Barnsley match - they looked well drilled and took the game to QPR.

I am overall pleased with Warburton, but also agree that our defence is poor and disorganised and the goals against column backs that up.

Comment

I hope that his job will be evaluated thouroughly at the end of the season.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Working...
                      X