• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake not voiding season

Not because we lost.
    Have any of you tried watching on TV?
    It is beyond awful.
    Exasperated by the woke worshipping of a career criminal.
    That aside the actual games are unwatchable and the players cannot bring the performances. I can't and won't watch this shadow of our national game.
    The break was too long to bring it back. The "pre-season" too rushed.
    Should've just called it quits
    I really hope they don't start the New season this way.

I thought I would enjoy it more even without the fans, our performance didn't help and I was forced to watch on a laptop because my projector is broken!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

It’s all about the tv money , sky wouldn’t have paid up if they had no football to show and without the gate receipts the clubs needed the tv money .

Comment

It's been awful. I've actually seen most games and it has been really dull and boring to watch. Play-off final at Wembley is normally dull and attritional anyway but with no fans it will be the absolute pits. One thing, the loser at play-off normally gets to keep the £4/5 million gate money - they'll get sweet fanny adams this season though.

Comment

The majority of games that I have seen from European Leagues have been dull without fans . some of the football and goals have been good, but overall, not worth watching without the atmosphere and passion the fans provide and pass on to the players on the pitch.

But yes, I agree it is driven by the monies from Sky and other media worldwide. The clubs cannot survive without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            It’s all about the tv money , sky wouldn’t have paid up if they had no football to show and without the gate receipts the clubs needed the tv money .
            I don't think we're getting the product though.
            I see your point of view mind.
            But it's a poor substitute

Comment

It is all about the money. They say integrity would be damaged but please don't tell me Premiership is the best in the world the matches thus far have been appalling quality. As for the Rs.....We clearly have the wrong attitude and Hall & Pugh going at this stage was not the most sensible decision. Hull were dropping like a stone and have now lost half their team but hey the integrity is still in place isn’t it ! I wanted the season to finish so the right clubs got relegated and promoted but not like I’ve seen so far. Sky and BT have rushed this back Simple as that !

Comment

Everything’s about the money, that’s why only two English leagues starting no tv deals bar play offs for lge 1/2 hence that’s all that’s back

The fall out for football with loss of income will be a death knell to many

Comment

Money ruins it, we all know it but we also get caught up in it, 2011 transfer window, Barton, SWP etc, we didn't learn our lesson and blundered from one disaster to another, at the time we were all caught up in it though,

Jim White, jesus, wept, what a clown but fans of clubs spending money hang in his every word.

Comment

Never watched not the same for me without fans ..

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      I think you made right choice. I'm slumped on couch half-cut drinking father's Day champagne watching Merseyside derby. OMG it's dire! It's walking football with zero edge whatsoever, a million miles from the normal derby. It looks like clubs just fulfilling their contractual obligation to provide a game for SkyTV - sickening!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Yep same.
                        I looked forward to it returning, but my god without supporters it's a dead spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I think you made right choice. I'm slumped on couch half-cut drinking father's Day champagne watching Merseyside derby. OMG it's dire! It's walking football with zero edge whatsoever, a million miles from the normal derby. It looks like clubs just fulfilling their contractual obligation to provide a game for SkyTV - sickening!
                          This

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Yep same.
                            I looked forward to it returning, but my god without supporters it's a dead spectacle.
                            Ive watched a couple of games but so dreary and tepid.

I wonder how many will not return to football when this is over.......if ever

Comment

It's just not a saleable product without the fans is it Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X