Grant Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Hall

It’s gone very quiet re his situation and I couldn’t see him in any of the photos in our 2 friendlies

Hope he’s available for our remaining 9 games

Any updates anyone?

Was thinking the same ,also Rangel and Cameron both out of contract .

Comment

Maybe going the same way as Marc Pugh as finances are being squeezed as a consequence of Covid 19.

Comment

I'm not expecting to see any of them. I dunno if there's a cut-off date to re-sign or extend their contracts? Maybe they could be available for first 2 games before 30th June and then go. Or, if we've won first two games and top 6 is looking a bit nearer we could offer them lucrative deals to cover July?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I'm not expecting to see any of them. I dunno if there's a cut-off date to re-sign or extend their contracts? Maybe they could be available for first 2 games before 30th June and then go. Or, if we've won first two games and top 6 is looking a bit nearer we could offer them lucrative deals to cover July?
          Think you might be right , Todd Kane probably needs to play the rest of the season even though I think Rangel is the better player Kane still has 2 years left on contract so makes sense to use him .

Comment

Just seen some photos on website of players training , Cameron is there as is Jack Clarke , haven’t seen it announced about any contract extensions apart from Hugil and Amos .

Comment

I hope Barbett and Masterson can stay fit for the remaining games. There isnt too much cover back there to push for a play off spot and limping over the line seems more likely.

Comment

We have enough about us to finish comfortably away from bottom 3 so I'm not too worried about having any of those out of contract players.
                I think reaching 60 points is a realistic target

Comment

I think Cameron deserves another year and wouldnt cost too much at his age. He would also be great cover at CB over the remaining nine games.

I've never been too convinced about Hall's marking and with his past injuries it's a take it or leave offer with him. I'm not too bothered if he takes it or leaves. There'll be plenty of other players of the same ability available within our budget in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    I think Cameron deserves another year and wouldnt cost too much at his age. He would also be great cover at CB over the remaining nine games.

I've never been too convinced about Hall's marking and with his past injuries it's a take it or leave offer with him. I'm not too bothered if he takes it or leaves. There'll be plenty of other players of the same ability available within our budget in a few months.
                    I tend to agree with you on those two players.
                    I would prefer both to stay, but imo it will come down to finances. Unless the ffp rules can be relaxed due to Covid 19, many clubs are going to struggle next season to stay within the limits.

Having said that, i think it will also be difficult for clubs to keep their own players have this season as not many will be able to pay the wages with no fans allowed in the stadiums. So it makes little difference for clubs with bigger attendances during normal seasons.

Some of these players will realise they wont be getting better offers elsewhere for nect season and may choose to stay on for another season.

Comment

How do we feel about Rangel , I think he’s been really good for us on and off the pitch . My issue is not so much his age but the fact Todd Kane is our player with a couple of years left on his deal and we also have Kakay waiting for his chance .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                        How do we feel about Rangel , I think he’s been really good for us on and off the pitch . My issue is not so much his age but the fact Todd Kane is our player with a couple of years left on his deal and we also have Kakay waiting for his chance .
                        Rangel has been 1st class on and off the pitch. He’s a leader and very vocal

I’ve been disappointed with Kane, prone to errors and very quiet. Our record with him in the team is very poor

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Rangel has been 1st class on and off the pitch. He’s a leader and very vocal

I’ve been disappointed with Kane, prone to errors and very quiet. Our record with him in the team is very poor
                          I agree with you about Kane he has been disappointing but he has 2 years left with us and Rangel ain’t getting any younger . I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kakay leapfrog Kane and be our first choice right back .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I agree with you about Kane he has been disappointing but he has 2 years left with us and Rangel ain’t getting any younger . I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kakay leapfrog Kane and be our first choice right back .
                            I wouldn't want another Wilkins situation where Rangel is holding up the development of younger players. I would let him go and let Kane and Kakay fight it out. Kakay has been on our books long enough now and like Shodipo needs to deliver or be moved on. At 22 there night be some transfer value in them in a few seasons too.

Comment

Worrying issue for me is the deliberate vagueness and lack of clarity over start date for next season. Whatever date it is, there is clearly going to be a very short window of opportunity to get in replacements and/or improvements. Yeah, I'm sure they'll extend the transfer window into the season but the optimum is to start the season with everything in place - last thing we need is a rushed chaotic window and still fannying about several games in trying to get players in or move players on.
                              The reason it worries me is it's all well and good saying let so-and-so go, it mightn't be straightforward to actually replace them. One aspect I'm clueless about is the quality of our kids..... Hopefully there are plenty of them ready and able to make the jump into 1st XI.

Comment

Working...
                              X