Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Not many appearances for a 22 yr old.

For his age he just doesn't play and fans seem to rate him highly. I personally wouldn't keep wasting time to be honest
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

So basically we were never gonna be fielding Pugh again irrespective of covid situation? Bit of a ropey situation that - having a player on the books but unable to play him. I know it happens but, honestly, going forwards we (and all clubs) really need to get a grip of the finances and contractual side of things - when we sorted Pugh's contract out we were basically writing a cheque we couldn't afford to cash.... That can't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        So basically we were never gonna be fielding Pugh again irrespective of covid situation? Bit of a ropey situation that - having a player on the books but unable to play him. I know it happens but, honestly, going forwards we (and all clubs) really need to get a grip of the finances and contractual side of things - when we sorted Pugh's contract out we were basically writing a cheque we couldn't afford to cash.... That can't happen again.
        It is a bit of a dated way to be issuing contracts , this sometimes happens with older players that have poor injury records that have a point to prove .I assume he was after a 2 year contract to start with but we weren’t so keen to commit to that .I think we had the same situation with Rob Green a few years ago .I think the contracts we gave to Eze , Bos and Manning are better where both parties have the option to extend by a further year if needed .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I wouldn’t say that , 1 more game triggered an extension which I don’t think we wanted . He had a few decent games but looked like his legs had gone , I’d prefer to see the likes of Shodipo get a chance for remaining games .
          Didn't do enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I wouldn’t say that , 1 more game triggered an extension which I don’t think we wanted . He had a few decent games but looked like his legs had gone , I’d prefer to see the likes of Shodipo get a chance for remaining games .

Ferdinand said it was a financial reason.

Comment

With our financial position I wouldnt be surprised that the remaining players with contracts expiring the end of June wont get extension offers until the 30th June.

Anything less than 2W and 1D from the three games to 30th June (Barnsley/Charlton/Fulham) and we can say goodbye to the play offs and the likes of Hall, Cameron and Rangel will probably leave the club. Doubt we can afford Hall and the other two due to age.

Any new contracts might be £3k a week if played in an empty stadium and £7k a week with fans allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Ferdinand said it was a financial reason.
                He’s not going to turn around and say he’s not good enough to keep for another season is he , we had a get out and we took it .

Comment

Need decisions/announcements today preferably on Jack Clarke’s loan and Angel Rangel contract extension to at least the end of the season

Comment

Send Clarke back, has shown us nothing! If Hall and Leistner have played last games for the club, we must keep Rangel surely? Even if just for the rest of the season. Don’t rate Kane, but him and Kakay as our RB choices for next season don’t fill me with any hope if I’m brutally honest.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                      Send Clarke back, has shown us nothing! If Hall and Leistner have played last games for the club, we must keep Rangel surely? Even if just for the rest of the season. Don’t rate Kane, but him and Kakay as our RB choices for next season don’t fill me with any hope if I’m brutally honest.
                      I wouldn’t worry about next season just yet , there will be plenty of coming and goings before that starts .

Comment

Working...
                      X