Out of Cntract players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Cntract players

With Hugill extending his loan until the end of the season the lack of other announcements are a bit concerning. I think we have 6 players whose deal with QPR ends on 30 June.

1. Amos
    2. Clark
    3. Hall
    4. Pugh
    5. Rangel
    6. Cameron (option to extend)

Have I missed something or has there been no news about extensions for any of them?

I think you are right - no announcement as far as I can recall.

I read somewhere that it is common in professional football contracts that players are entitled to one month extra payment, i.e July, if they have not found a new club during the first 30 days after the contract expires. I don't know if this is applicable for our out of contract players. But if this is part of standard contracts used by most clubs I would assume our players have this clause too. If a player is entitled to one month extra payment, meaning till end of July, I assume the club is entitled to use the player, as long as they pay his salary. In normal circumstance no club will play an out of contract player in July, not even for friendlies, if they don't intend to re-sign him. But in this special situation it will be very different. Hopefully this means that players such as Rangel, Cameroon, Pugh and Hall would be available. The club might tell them that they will decide upon extending their contracts once the season is over.

I think it is in Spurs and West Hams interest to extend loan agreements for Amos and Hugill. It will benefit Amos development, and West Ham need to have Hugill in the shop window, as they are desperate to offload him (the idea they will use him as their number nine in Premier League next season is obvious ######## and just tactical to up his value)).

However, there might be a reason the club has made no announcement about this. There might be ongoing negotiations. The club reads message boards and I encourage the club to let us know, unless there are tactical reasons not to.

Comment

Now Hugill extension announced. Not surprising:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...BDj-FrCPTxAtnE

Comment

Sounds like Hall is on his way , out of contract and top earner , I’d be surprised if he had great options to earn more elsewhere given the current climate and his injury record.

Comment

Amos loan deal extended to the end of this season

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            Good news, I think there’s potential in him , I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet but that’s the reason he’s with us and not spurs .

Comment

Cracking player, very good news
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

With little Smyth extending his loan, we gonna need to rely on our other untested youth.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Pugh gone - can’t afford to renew his contract

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                    Pugh gone - can’t afford to renew his contract
                    I wouldn’t say that , 1 more game triggered an extension which I don’t think we wanted . He had a few decent games but looked like his legs had gone , I’d prefer to see the likes of Shodipo get a chance for remaining games .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I wouldn’t say that , 1 more game triggered an extension which I don’t think we wanted . He had a few decent games but looked like his legs had gone , I’d prefer to see the likes of Shodipo get a chance for remaining games .
                      Shodipo's contract expires 30 June so he would need an extension to play into July.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...de/verein/1039

Comment

I agree

From what I understood Pugh was one of the higher earners & he certainly didn’t justify being a top earner

Not a bad player, few good games. But not a loss and we all move forward
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Shodipo's contract expires 30 June so he would need an extension to play into July.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...de/verein/1039
                          I would hope he would get a new deal , been unlucky with injuries .

Comment

I would hope he would get a new deal , been unlucky with injuries .
                            Not many appearances for a 22 yr old. It probably wouldn't cost much to give him a one year extension but if he cant get 20 games next season I suspect it will be his last with us.

Comment

Not many appearances for a 22 yr old. It probably wouldn't cost much to give him a one year extension but if he cant get 20 games next season I suspect it will be his last with us.
                              Agreed , he needs to start making an impact , especially if Bos moves on .

Comment

Working...
                              X