Cardiff and Swansea - Wales Lockdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiff and Swansea - Wales Lockdown

Strikes me that this is the moment to throw those crummy little clubs out of the EFL. Wales have banned the English from going there and even their local populous is restricted to travelling within a 5-mike radius.
    There's no way the fixtures of Cardiff and Swansea can take place without flagrantly breaching their lockdown. Hopefully the Welsh Government will step in and ban them from leaving Wales and this will set in train their permanent expulsion from English football, where let's be frank, they have no place anyway.

I don’t disagree

With it being a different country they have different rules, these rules aren’t in line with England and the English FA

It is time to kick them out. God forbid we have another major incident/pandemic in the future. We have the same problems. Their in a different country, they just shouldn’t be in English football

Not to mention the problems English get when going to Wales in away days, most of the Welsh just don’t like us and we being weak now a days have to accept it
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I’ve always enjoyed our rivalry with Cardiff , they took a few liberties at a night game many years ago but have had a reception committee waiting for them ever since .They have come unstuck on numerous occasions since .

Comment

who would we score 5 and 6 against next season?

Comment

No chance of Welsh clubs getting kicked out, I agree it's a strange set up though.
          Celtic and Rangers would love to join English leagues but are not allowed as Scotland has its own football association, so does Wales...........

England FA should be English clubs, we don't have a UK national team apart from Olympics, 2012 Olympics scottish FA opted out…….......

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
            No chance of Welsh clubs getting kicked out, I agree it's a strange set up though.
            Celtic and Rangers would love to join English leagues but are not allowed as Scotland has its own football association, so does Wales...........

England FA should be English clubs, we don't have a UK national team apart from Olympics, 2012 Olympics scottish FA opted out…….......
            I agree that it does seem to be another inconsistency that Rangers and Celtic are forbidden but Cardiff et Al are permitted.

Either let the Scots in or better still, evict the Welsh clubs.

Comment

Racists!

Comment

The Welsh F A took Welsh clubs playing in England to court to try and force them into the Welsh leagues in the '90s. They lost heavily. All they could do is stop them playing in Welsh Cup matches. Their league was only formed in 1992.

Comment

Due to poor transport links between north and south Wales teams joined the English regional leagues. They travelled east with Wrexham playing in the Birmingham and District league in 1905 and the others into the Southern League in 1910.

There are other anomalies that the channel islands and IoM coming under the English FA even though not legally part of England or even the UK. Chester's ground is 95% in Wales and Berwick Rangers is in England but play in the Scotlish structure.

As stated the Welsh FA and Leagure was not formed until 92 and the only reason was to secure the future of the national team. It's all there due to historical reasons, but in the modern world history can be erased if it doesn't fit into modern thinking.

Comment

Like the second half of the last sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Due to poor transport links between north and south Wales teams joined the English regional leagues. They travelled east with Wrexham playing in the Birmingham and District league in 1905 and the others into the Southern League in 1910.

There are other anomalies that the channel islands and IoM coming under the English FA even though not legally part of England or even the UK. Chester's ground is 95% in Wales and Berwick Rangers is in England but play in the Scotlish structure.

As stated the Welsh FA and Leagure was not formed until 92 and the only reason was to secure the future of the national team. It's all there due to historical reasons, but in the modern world history can be erased if it doesn't fit into modern thinking.
                      Yes, I am aware that the Welsh League is quite young, but it doesn' t mean that the English FA coukd not expell the Welsh clubs if they insist on being governed by the Welsh FA. They can't , or shouldn't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes, I am aware that the Welsh League is quite young, but it doesn' t mean that the English FA coukd not expell the Welsh clubs if they insist on being governed by the Welsh FA. They can't , or shouldn't have it both ways.
                        Cardiff and Swansea are governed by the English FA not the FAW for all matters including disciplinary action. Its news to me that they want to be governed by the FAW whilst playing in the English leagues. Do you have evidence of this?

Comment

Working...
                        X