League restart 20/06/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League restart 20/06/20

I see that rival fans are suggesting that QPR's opposition to a 20 June restart may be because we haven't kept our players as fit as other clubs. I personally think QPR's stance is a valid opposition to the restart, it's too soon to restart but does anyone know where we are with player fitness in relation to other clubs?

Started non contact training the same day as every other club, when the Govt said it was allowed. One things for certain, our players have not been down the pub on the lash!

Comment

I assume our players have looked equally well after themselves as players of any other clubs. I would expect nothing else under Warburton. I think the fitness is not the clubs concern.
      I think Warburton & co think it takes more than 19 days to become match-fit, which is something different than physical fit. I belive QPR would prefer to practice contact training for a little longer before starting real matches, including ideally playing 4-5 friendlies.

I think the situation is unprecedented and I think we should stop moaning and get on with it - it is the same for all clubs.

Comment

I agree Oslo and believe I read that they are considering allowing five subs per game. This may ease the strain on the squad when we will be playing two games a week for a month.

I really dont think we'll make the play offs and after we secured a few points to be safe from relegation and top six is out, why not play some of the U23 lads who might be on the fringes of the 1st team next season. Get them some experience so we can see where we are with them

Comment

All players have an app that gives them a fitness programme that the club can check up on.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            All players have an app that gives them a fitness programme that the club can check up on.
            Yeah, my dad was talking to the father of a recent Aston Villa player and I think he had to put some sort of strap across his chest and the data was sent to the club so they knew whether he was doing the fitness programme given to him. I think he'd be fined too if he came back overweight after the summer off. The days of working off the beer belly in pre-season went out decades ago.

Comment

They wear those sports bra things to monitor them. Makes them look like #######s if you ask me. Apparently lay-de-boys is a bad word?????

Comment

Working...
              X