Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Hall airs his concerns

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...s-coronavirus/

Fair do's - I personally find it grotesque how they're rushing into things - I suspect many footballers will express similar disquiet over coming weeks.

They should put all the players into a hotel for the duration of the remaining season so.they cant spread it to family members. Earn your coin Hall.

Comment

So he’s happy to watch the Germans play but not keen on it himself. Players need to have a look at key workers that have worked right through this pandemic and have had to come home to their families too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        So he’s happy to watch the Germans play but not keen on it himself. Players need to have a look at key workers that have worked right through this pandemic and have had to come home to their families too.
        Sorry... maybe i got distracted, but when did grant hall go on about the german leagues being a bit sloppy in restarting?

it kind of passed me by....

Comment

He wouldn't be saying a thing if he was skint like me and have no choice but to work. Get up off your lazy #### you over paid ponce

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

Sorry... maybe i got distracted, but when did grant hall go on about the german leagues being a bit sloppy in restarting?

it kind of passed me by....
            What are you talking about ? He said he watched the Germans play behind closed doors but doesn’t feel we are ready to . Nobody is telling him to play straight away , there is a process in place to make it as safe as possible but players seem to be kicking it into touch already.

Comment

I’m with Hall on this. He makes some reasonable points. He has a new born baby who he doesn’t want to put at risk. It’s not about money or being lazy. While people are dying in their hundreds everyday football can wait - as much as we all miss it.

Comment

Hall's never missed an opportunity to avoid playing since the day we signed him.

Why should now be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Street Ranger View Post
                  I’m with Hall on this. He makes some reasonable points. He has a new born baby who he doesn’t want to put at risk. It’s not about money or being lazy. While people are dying in their hundreds everyday football can wait - as much as we all miss it.
                  Then he should stay away from his family for six weeks until the season is over. Plenty of people work overseas and are in the military and dont see their families. Get yourself into a hotel, train, play and earn your £10k a week or hand it back.

Comment

Hall needs to live in the real world. The club should say that he is more than welcome to stay at home but he won't get paid a salary for the period of time he takes off and the time it takes him to regain his fitness. Children getting it if you look at the statistics they aren't at risk he's just worrying about himself as your typical spoilt footballer. If supermarket workers thought the same we'd all starve to death
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

If he doesnt want to train then he doesnt play ,its up to him in these circumstances.
                      I think he would survive without him

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        If he doesnt want to train then he doesnt play ,its up to him in these circumstances.
                        I think he would survive without him
                        Should he get paid ? He is one of our top earners .

Comment

Train drivers, bus drivers, bin men, NHS plus countless others have NO choice.
                          I'm sitting on the fence with this but maybe clubs can offer players to miss out if they wish and also sacrifice a few quid, key workers can't afford to sacrifice wages.
                          I wouldn't moan at a player for opting out and sacrificing wages.

Comment

Well, I think he’s out of contract in June, so presumably if he is offered a new one it won’t come into force until he opts to play. It’s his choice and he wouldn’t be fleecing the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Street Ranger View Post
                              Well, I think he’s out of contract in June, so presumably if he is offered a new one it won’t come into force until he opts to play. It’s his choice and he wouldn’t be fleecing the club.
                              I think all out of contract players would have their contacts automatically extended until the season is complete so he would still be drawing a wage .

Comment

Working...
                              X