The one that got away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that got away

Just wondered if their were any players ( realistically) that you had wished we had signed , or players we had that didn’t quite make the grade either through injury , attitude or bad luck . Can think of a few but will see who comes up first .

Paulo Wanchope springs to mind . we had him on trial and he scored 6 goals in 3 trial matches and Stewart Houston turned him down because he had already made up his mind to sign Mike Sheron in the summer for 10 times the fee.

I always believed that had he signed QPR would have gotten into the play offs and on to returning back to the Premier League as they were on a good run and just needed that little bit extra that Wanchope went on to provide for Derby who were in the Premiership .

Comment

Leon Jeane , in late 90s under Gerry Francis was a top talent but a complete head case . Francis gave him lots of opportunities but he couldn’t change him . He ended up at Cardiff and went off the rails there too , ended up being arrested for drug dealing .

Comment

Mark Hateley big let down
        beatmydemons.com

Comment

mark kennedy…….think he ended up going to Wimbledon, what a waste.

Comment

Some good shouts there , I always wanted us to sign Robbie Earle or and Rob Lee good honest players underrated, up front would like to have seen Kevin Phillips partner les , players that didn’t quite cut it Jamie cureton , As for unlucky , lots to pick from Richard Langley, lee Cook and obviously Kevin Gallen

Comment

time to wheel this one out again....

https://www.eurosport.com/football/c...78/story.shtml

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2536701]Leon Jeane , in late 90s under Gerry Francis was a top talent but a complete head case . Francis gave him lots of opportunities but he couldn’t change him . He ended up at Cardiff and went off the rails there too , ended up being arrested for drug dealing .[/QUO. Does he deliver

Comment

Feared the worst for Gallen, when he went down at Portsmouth . That's how important he was to us. scored both our goals that night if I remember right. Might well have got promoted if that had been the last game of the season instead of at the beginning. Never was the same again.

Comment

Did we not have the chance to sign John Barnes and Tony Currie when they were youngsters
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think you are spot on about John Barnes and maybe Stuart Pearce as well when they were kids , must of been quite a few youth players we missed out on . Agree with what was said about Kev , was never the same player after the injury at pompey, in my opinion , would of made the difference that season and who knows what would of been after that .

Comment

I had such high hopes for Diakite but wasted his career

Comment

Bloody Warnock failing to sign Lionel Messi when he had the chance!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...heads-QPR.html

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            Bloody Warnock failing to sign Lionel Messi when he had the chance!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...heads-QPR.html
                            He'd fit right in alongside Clint Hill and Shaun Derry...
                            Quote of the decade
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                            X