To play or not to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To play or not to play?

So this is my first post for a very long time but I have always been a regular visitor. First and foremost I hope that you are all keeping well and safe and l know many of us have been unwell myself and my wife included BUT we are the lucky ones who have come out the other side for which we are so grateful. Anyway my question to all of us is I agree with Neil Warnock who was on Talksport yesterday and he says the season must finish even if it is November or later. To talk of it even now whilst people are still dying just is not right, plus behind closed doors I for one just cannot see that working. Warnock went on to say finish this season and then let next season take care of itself. We are only six points off a play off and although unlikely worth going for. We do have a decent side now that a few tweaks here and there and we are not far off.

But also for the sake of our game there has to be promotion and relegation or the season will be tied up in knots by clubs going through the courts anyway. Interested in what we all feel and if you agree with Warnock or not.

I agree with warnock, think we should end this season when we can , not behind closed doors , maybe we have to write off the league season 2021/22 , just restart after the euros next year , I don’t know what we would do after Christmas though to keep competitive, maybe just run the cup comps from scratch to help some of the small clubs again , I know the teams left in this years fa cup won’t be happy but these are extreme circumstances.

Comment

Looks like they're calling off Leagues 1 and 2 imminently.... No interest from TV and not viable to play behind closed doors. Let's be frank, they're only talking about Premier League cos of £££££££££.
      I strongly suspect Championship would be called off very soon too if it weren't for issue of promotion to prem. I'm also getting a sense that the prem won't relegate anyone this season even if they pursue their idiotic mission of finishing the season - bottom clubs are already whining it's not fair to play on neutral grounds. It's very clear that several teams want to void the season but are keeping their powder dry before breaking ranks.

Comment

To many plus and minus for going on or calling off season , sky will be the ones that get the ultimate say as all they care about is PL..... Can't see teams paying players 100k a week if no sky money

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
          I agree with warnock, think we should end this season when we can , not behind closed doors , maybe we have to write off the league season 2021/22 , just restart after the euros next year , I don’t know what we would do after Christmas though to keep competitive, maybe just run the cup comps from scratch to help some of the small clubs again , I know the teams left in this years fa cup won’t be happy but these are extreme circumstances.
          I agree.
          they should find a way to legally extend the contracts on the same terms, of current players until the end of the 2019/20 season whenever that may be . The next season can maybe start 8 weeks after that and be played without any cup competitions. Or not at all if this one doesn't restart in 2020.

Football matches should be played out in front of fans

Comment

Just relegate all those clubs that refuse to play behind closed doors in neutral grounds.

Less games to play this season, less overrun into next, and fewer games to be played next season so it can start later. and catch up.

Job done.

Oh wait, that would mean more clubs in the Championship

So, relegate them into Premier league B, all but bottom three return to the Premier League, the bottom three get relegated to the Championship in arrears!

Sorted

Comment

I hope the league is finished and called to a finish with teams in their current position.
              the relegation battle is very interesting and Hull were in freefall just before the lockdown ,I believe Charlton if allowed play their remaining games would finish above Hull. Also the chase for automatic promotion is far from a forgone conclusion, dare we rule out our old friends Fulham .
              also that 6th spot up for grabs with numerous teams still having a chance,and yes ( while very unlikely) that includes us.if the league starts again in the next few months it will definitely be behind closed doors( and probably the start of next seasontoo) so at least we can watch footie again on the box

Comment

This season has to finish even if it means a 32 game season for 20/21.

As I've mentioned before teams could be grouped into tiers 1-4 and teams would play 8 random games from each tier, 4 home and 4 away.

But this season must finish as it was started to keep the integrity of the game. Surely behind close door games could get going by early July, then have the transfer window and start next season from Oct. Its as complicated as you want to make it.

Comment

Loads of ideas but no one has a easy answer . Either scrap this season or promote and relegate as we stand ... I'd scrap it no promotion and start again when we can ..... Health before wealth

Comment

Working...
                  X