Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton

A QPR fan called Rbee who posts on qprdotorg has done a podcast with Joey. The first one at his time with QPR and his relationship with Warnock and Hughes and how disruptive he was to the squad. The second about his time at Rangers and his views on Warburton and Taarabt.

Love him or hate him it's well worth the nearly 3hr listen. I respected him in part and wanted to punch him. Well done qprdotorg and Rbee.

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?...fb924e8d45ee81

I listened to it the other day and it confirmed what I already thought , he is a complete tool . Awful decision to sign him in the first place , he has no respect for any manager he has played under except Dyche at Burnley . Bang average player who’s ego was much bigger than his talent . Nothing was ever his fault and I look forward to the day he crashes and burns in management which he inevitably will .

Comment

I thought some of his insights into Warnock, Hughes and Rednapp were very believable and confirmed what I thought of these managers. How he dealt with it though was wrong.

Comment

No manager is perfect sheep but the bloke thinks he’s the be all and end all .He did the same to Warburton at rangers and also has no time for Allardyce . Surely it’s plain to see the problem is himself . Getting himself sent off in crucial games at City and Hull was unforgivable also.

Comment

It is an interesting listen. He actually has something to say unlike a lot of football players,

He certainly has a blind-spot around his direct involvement in certain matters, but none the less he's right about a lot of what he says.

What does amaze me is how he has lasted in football. If he's as bad as we're led to believe, I don't think a player of his standard/skill would find work.

Comment

What surprises me is that Clint is obviously quite close with Joey ? It is strange when he has very little good things to say about any of his Managers, barring one, whilst I disliked Hughes immensely, his personality was just all wrong, calling him the wrong name to wind him up is hardly a recipe for a happy dressing room and was only ever going to end one way. Trouble will always follow Joey about, as he is just that, trouble. His sending off at City says all you need to know about him, let down his team mates but more importantly us the Fans.

Comment

You should listen to the Rangers one on his views about Warburton and Adel.

Comment

Listening to it he thinks he got us promoted by himself ... Very average player that has done well on the money side from football . Only praise I can give him is he put a shift in whilst we had players in the team that were half hearted

Comment

Working...
                X