No announcement yet.

Easter Monday 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the paddock nearer the school end as it was then. Great game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Didn't we win the tie on 2 away own goals?
      yes, thanks to the Irish one two (Whelan kicking the ball at Beglin , or visa versa, and into the net.

Comment

We just beat Sheff W over on Twitter 3-1.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I remember beating West Ham 6-1 I think? Possibly a cup game. Was at the front of the Loft as per usual with thousands of ICF mugs behind us after taking the Loft. They actually went 0-1 up before we came back. When we got our 2nd goal this rather smelly, greasy, trampy Rs bloke near us turned round to face the Hammers fans, burst out laughing maniacally and bellowed "we've got ya now ya effing sheetbags!!!!" They all backed off and let him be..... He looked too deranged and disheveled to tangle with. He wildly celebrated the next 4 goals by flicking V-signs in all directions and laughing his head off. Top bloke!
          I really miss The Loft - when I compare it to the cruddy empty family zone we have behind the goal today I get really annoyed!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I remember beating West Ham 6-1 I think? Possibly a cup game. Was at the front of the Loft as per usual with thousands of ICF mugs behind us after taking the Loft. They actually went 0-1 up before we came back. When we got our 2nd goal this rather smelly, greasy, trampy Rs bloke near us turned round to face the Hammers fans, burst out laughing maniacally and bellowed "we've got ya now ya effing sheetbags!!!!" They all backed off and let him be..... He looked too deranged and disheveled to tangle with. He wildly celebrated the next 4 goals by flicking V-signs in all directions and laughing his head off. Top bloke!
            I really miss The Loft - when I compare it to the cruddy empty family zone we have behind the goal today I get really annoyed!

For the life of me I don't know why the club did this!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

was working in north acton at the bbc that day, walked down the western avenue to watch us smash Chelsea 6-0 that day. had to go back to work straight after the game.
              they couldn't and didn't believe the score when I told them back at work, especially the Chelsea fans amongst them.
              they got it the next day though by everyone.....that was a proper easter.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                That was a cup game about 78 I think .Your right about the loft , that should be the area for the core of our support like it always was .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  That was a cup game about 78 I think .Your right about the loft , that should be the area for the core of our support like it always was .
                  And the song that followed:
                  1 nil down, 6 one up, we knocked West Ham out the cup, lalalalalala
                  Last edited by Fraggy; 14-04-2020, 12:00 AM.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

And the song that followed:
                    1 nil down, 6 one up, we knocked West Ham oit the cup, lalalalalala
                    remember Leighton james going absolutely mental along side the paddocks after he scored his goal.

Comment

The semi final 2nd leg at Anfield was another unforgettable night , great turnout and in full voice , I thought we only had to turn up at Wembley to lift the cup .Wevall know what happened there.
                      Yes remember that game well 2 ogs you could nit make it up.
                      Got a parking ticket for my trouble but was worth it

Comment

Yeah was a good night , I reckon their reputation stopped a lot of our fans going in those days. I would say we only had about 3k there that night but I could be wrong .
                        Was at that game also was east stand lower mostly home fans we scored stood up and celebrated noy a peep from any of their fans

Comment

34 years ago beating the scum 6 -0, who was there ? I was in the paddock loft end . They always use to take the ground over in the 80s and I think a lot of our fans would give it a miss. I personally never missed a game against them home or away during this time . My favourite games apart from the 6-0 were winning there during our promotion season in 83 and the milk cup quarter final game in 86 with the Robinson goal from the half way line .Still detest them to this day .
                          I was a steward at the time and was in the corner on the pitch where SAR meets LR great memories great times.
                          The stewards in them days were all rangers fans and we had our own stewards team who won a tournament up at Blackburn.

Comment

Was a steward for one game v arsenal sat in front of school end , we were waiting for ko and Charlie Nicholas was late out as he'd been doing his hair , he was moaning that it was spitting and he'd just had his hair done.... That was when the club employed fans . U got a couple of quid more if u worked on turnstile but u only got to watch 2nd half

Comment

Working...
                            X