• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of the cups for a season or two

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      What? Miss the romance of the FA Cup and Likener getting into an orgasmic frenzie over Ronny Radford's goal?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        We do that every year anyway .

Comment

I was previously thinking the league wouldn't restart before late autumn or early winter or even as late as next year, but I have changed my mind. I think June or July isn't unlikely any longer.

One things is for sure, and that is that a we cannot fight this virus through a full lock down. Vaccine is likely 18+ months away and it takes a long time to produce and provide vaccine to millions or even billions of people. A 18+ months lock down is out of the question. The only way we can fight the virus is through herd immunity. We just have to try to steer it so that NHS can cope with it, meaning a level of social distancing, tests and isolation of infected people and vulnerable people. Some sort of normality will have to return soon, as the financial and other consequences of a complete lock down will kill many more than the virus itself. Of that reason I am pretty certain football will resume in a few months, but probably behind closed doors in the beginning.

I think the remaining outstanding games of the 2019/20 will be played.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            I was previously thinking the league wouldn't restart before late autumn or early winter or even as late as next year, but I have changed my mind. I think June or July isn't unlikely any longer.

One things is for sure, and that is that a we cannot fight this virus through a full lock down. Vaccine is likely 18+ months away and it takes a long time to produce and provide vaccine to millions or even billions of people. A 18+ months lock down is out of the question. The only way we can fight the virus is through herd immunity. We just have to try to steer it so that NHS can cope with it, meaning a level of social distancing, tests and isolation of infected people and vulnerable people. Some sort of normality will have to return soon, as the financial and other consequences of a complete lock down will kill many more than the virus itself. Of that reason I am pretty certain football will resume in a few months, but probably behind closed doors in the beginning.

I think the remaining outstanding games of the 2019/20 will be played.
            I agree.
            Spain and Italy have started to relax their lockdowns for certain sectors because new case numbers have started to reduce. But it is acknowledged they are 2-3 weeks ahead of us. I can still see training resuming mid May and games behind closed doors or reduced capacity starting the first week of June.

Comment

Problem being if people have no money in a few months then we will see social unrest , looting , rioting . Decisions will have to made in the next few weeks . My Mrs couldn't pay her rent this month and has £80 to last her her for the rest of the month . Ok I'll help her but the government won't help workers for much more than 3 onth

Comment

Working...
              X