No announcement yet.

Reading losing £40m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have delusions of grandeur, not long ago they were playing in a rotting small stadium in front of 4K fans No history what so ever , a league 1 club at best .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Well given we drove a coach and horses through FFP and got a big fat fine off the league I'd suggest we kind of had to start playing by the rules - we had no choice, it's not like the club suddenly took it upon themselves to behave themselves financially. Dunno much about Reading..... Maybe they can do a "Derby" and sell their ground to themselves for £milliions and sort their balance sheet out?
      They have already sold the ground

Comment

Can't stand Reading. Wannabee club.
        I was astonished to learn recently that they are actually one of the oldest clubs in the league.

Comment

I worked in Reading for a while and it's one of those towns where people support London clubs but they all come out of the woodwork when theres a bit of success and get dropped when it's going bad. A lot like Swindon where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

They have already sold the ground

Just reading a bit more about this, and they've not only sold their stadium as Oslo says, but their training ground as well, and apperently the loss doesn't take into account the signings of George Puscas and Lucas Joao in August!

Throw the book at the fake hoop wearing, your grounds too big for you, wannabee muppets.

I hope they are playing league 1 football next year, and league 2 the year after, then they will have found thier place.

Mugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post

Just reading a bit more about this, and they've not only sold their stadium as Oslo says, but their training ground as well, and apperently the loss doesn't take into account the signings of George Puscas and Lucas Joao in August!

Throw the book at the fake hoop wearing, your grounds too big for you, wannabee muppets.

I hope they are playing league 1 football next year, and league 2 the year after, then they will have found thier place.

Mugs
              Just goes to show you that you cant buy success. We tried it and failed after a good team got us up. Building a team organically without any superstars is the way forward. I'm so glad we're skint and it of the circus.

Comment

We were one of only four clubs In the Championship to be under the UEFA recommended 70% wages to turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  We were one of only four clubs In the Championship to be under the UEFA recommended 70% wages to turnover.
                  Who were the others?

Comment

We have gone from being a shambles to one of the best run clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We have gone from being a shambles to one of the best run clubs.
                      Agree but we had no choice in the matter really , we couldn’t keep doing it as we were . Makes it even more an achievement that we are already safe from relegation and have seen some of the most exciting football in years.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Who were the others?
                        Us plus WBA, Rotherham and Hull. Think it was 13 clubs over 100%

Comment

Us plus WBA, Rotherham and Hull. Think it was 13 clubs over 100%
                          Surely WBA only getting away with it due to the parachute payments , they have some big earners on their books I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Surely WBA only getting away with it due to the parachute payments , they have some big earners on their books I’m sure.
                            Average Home gate of 24,000+ doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Really showed your true colours there .Slaughtering a decent poster in Oslo and publicly backing Qblockpete (drummer boy)who was outed as Paiadinis puppet that divided the fan base and had to go into hiding.
                              And a grass.

Comment

Working...
                              X