Reading losing £40m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading losing £40m

While we are on our way out of the FFP misery other clubs are now running straight into the mess.

Reading's loss of £40m during the 2018/2019 season, posted today, comes on top of their loss of £45m during the previous season, leading to a record level breach of the profitability and sustainability rules.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52184178

Reading must be in for a substantial penalty and points deduction. Will they be docked points already this season, or next season given the uncertainty about how to conclude the 2019/2020 season?

I must admit I am increasingly impressed by how Hood and Ferdinand have maneuvered compared to some other clubs. So glad we have their at the helm!

Couldn’t agree more Oslo regarding Hoos and Ferdinand . My concern with ffp is clubs like Birmingham , Derby , sheff weds etc. Seem to be getting away with it .

Comment

I have many complaints about Sir Les in management but I have to agree with the above posters, he and Hoos have managed us through this mess quite well, other clubs might not do so well and as Stainrod points out some clubs seem to be able to make a mockery of the rules! Stay Safe fellow R'sssss!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

im not the biggest fan of Ferdinand to be honest but theer will always be conjecture amongst us fans maybe im just getting too old
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

This forum is full of ####s

back in 2009 when I joined it was full of really good people. Qblockpete, MYU posting regularly, Bennyboys and many more

Go #### yourself Oslo
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

back in 2009 when I joined it was full of really good people. Qblockpete, MYU posting regularly, Bennyboys and many more

Go #### yourself Oslo
            Really showed your true colours there .Slaughtering a decent poster in Oslo and publicly backing Qblockpete (drummer boy)who was outed as Paiadinis puppet that divided the fan base and had to go into hiding.

Comment

Go #### yourself Oslo
              A bit harsh there qpr, I can't see anything in the OP which could possibly draw a response like that!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Go #### yourself Oslo
                Seek out QPRDave and set up a rival site? Only let people know about it rather than the last exodus did?

Sorry if ####s meant Stars.

Comment

Go #### yourself Oslo
                  Nothing wrong with Oslo’s comments, the problem here is you, I told dave he needed to see a councillor & same goes for you & as undecided said seek him out

Comment

Well given we drove a coach and horses through FFP and got a big fat fine off the league I'd suggest we kind of had to start playing by the rules - we had no choice, it's not like the club suddenly took it upon themselves to behave themselves financially. Dunno much about Reading..... Maybe they can do a "Derby" and sell their ground to themselves for £milliions and sort their balance sheet out?

Comment

I detest reading hope they get a massive fine , and points deduction

Comment

Go #### yourself Oslo
                        Wow.....said it before glad i have never come across you at games, as your behavior is embarrassing. Have to swear to get your point across, very sad person. Nothing wrong with Oslos post and i agree Hoo's and Les are currently do a fine job, steering us through tough times.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          I detest reading hope they get a massive fine , and points deduction
                          A few years ago I was doing training for work and the person delivering the course was a scout for Reading. He had nothing positive to say about QPR in terms of the how the club was run.

I'd never given Reading a second thought until then, but it made me want to beat them to prove a point, and to now hear they're losing £40m

Comment

Detest the fakes, used to work in Reading and still work with some fans.

Deserve all they get, which won't be much, as they'll get away with it like all the rest.

It was a public witch hunt against us after being made to look stupid over the Faurlin affair, harshly treated we were, and all the others are just laughing

Comment

One of my boys plays in the east berks league having to listen to the parents some are fat in skin tight reading tops makes me want to pull my hair out , one of their inbred clubs actually banned me for life

Comment

Working...
                              X