Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Corona.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by swede View Post

    Heard that overly-scared people are most at risk.
    Yawn - please try not to be a d1ck mate.

    Most people here are very worried for elderly relatives and those already ill. I'm not scared for myself but who I could pass it onto. Many thousand loved ones are going to die from this over the next six months so try to be a bit sensitive.

    Comment


    • #17
      Stay safe everyone. We have no idea yet how bad this will get. Hopefully bit overkill at moment but no point taking chances.

      Was my parents' 60th wedding anniversary and was due to see them with rest of family last night. Decided not worth risk . I feel fine but work in Brighton & Hove where we have 25% of all UK cases. Takes 2-3 weeks to show.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

        Yawn - please try not to be a d1ck mate.

        Most people here are very worried for elderly relatives and those already ill. I'm not scared for myself but who I could pass it onto. Many thousand loved ones are going to die from this over the next six months so try to be a bit sensitive.
        The answer was for Mr Dave and noone else. Yes, we all have elderly relatives, friends and other loved ones at serious risk, but talking about it in different ways IS good for us and our immunesystem. Being a d1ck are the ones telling others what they can and can’t say. We all deal with this in different ways, but humour (or attempts at it) are good for all of us.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by swede View Post

          The answer was for Mr Dave and noone else. Yes, we all have elderly relatives, friends and other loved ones at serious risk, but talking about it in different ways IS good for us and our immunesystem. Being a d1ck are the ones telling others what they can and can’t say. We all deal with this in different ways, but humour (or attempts at it) are good for all of us.
          Answer just for me?
          Don't bother, I will be just as happy, if you ignore me as I will you.
          Btw being a d**k is being a d**k as sheep says, no matter who you aim it at.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by swede View Post

            The answer was for Mr Dave and noone else. Yes, we all have elderly relatives, friends and other loved ones at serious risk, but talking about it in different ways IS good for us and our immunesystem. Being a d1ck are the ones telling others what they can and can’t say. We all deal with this in different ways, but humour (or attempts at it) are good for all of us.
            I agree, we all have different outlooks on life and free speech rules. But its a subject that has got a lot of people very spooked, especially the way our Govt has decided to approach its control, or not controlling it as it would seem! So, we may soon be beyond joking phase.

            Have a great day Swede, I'm off down the pub as normal even though there's no sport to watch.


            Comment


            • #21
              Coranavirus in the morning , Cornona in the day , corona in the evening why won't it go away.....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                I lost an old friend to it yesterday. He had underlying health issues but they were perfectly manageable.

                I'm not criticising this thread in any way though - this is one of those times when you have to laugh, as long as it's not directly at someone's expense.
                Yes. It's no laughing matter. I suppose I could chuckle at something that was highly original and clever but all you get is really lame, predictable un-funny rubbish that even Jimmy Tarbuck would reject using.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think we will all look at it differently when it peaks in 14 weeks or so ,( read that somewhere ) , by then we will know how serious it is . On a lighter note all those poor Chelsea fans that booked to go to Munich.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

                    Yes. It's no laughing matter. I suppose I could chuckle at something that was highly original and clever but all you get is really lame, predictable un-funny rubbish that even Jimmy Tarbuck would reject using.
                    No argument here but, as with any other attempt at humour, if someone doesn't find it funny they should just ignore it. It wasn't targeted at anyone in particular and there was obviously no intent to offend anyone. We are all different and we need reminding of that sometimes, IMO.
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I would like to echo what Buffalo said above.

                      Yes we are all different in how we approach certain things in life, gallows humour does tend to get used by some during tragic times.

                      I am sure Swede was not attempting to upset anyone, it seems as if gallows humour is how he deals with such things, also please remember, that those of us outside The UK, have governments who have been dealing with this crisis a lot better than what The British government have thus far.
                      I am sure somebody will stick a rocket up Boris' behind and proper serious solutions to try to contain the spread of COVID-19 in The UK will be implemented.

                      In the meantime, we need to stay positive, do whatever we can within our own powers to slow the spread, and I don't mean filling up your dooms day bunker with bog rolls.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        But it wasn't even in the same county as humour.
                        The, don't drink corona anymore, or derivatives of it are more tired than santa on Christmas morning.
                        Are we now going to use gallows humour, on the mass shootings at synagogues, or people being murdered on London bridge?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          But it wasn't even in the same county as humour.
                          The, don't drink corona anymore, or derivatives of it are more tired than santa on Christmas morning.
                          Are we now going to use gallows humour, on the mass shootings at synagogues, or people being murdered on London bridge?
                          I agree, some of the so called humour is lame to say the least, but we all have our ways to deal with such things.

                          I have family members over here in the high risk category, and almost 75% of my work life is in a secure mental hospital, where the inmates immune systems are compromised by the anti-psychotic meds they are on.
                          I also work in the community with other high risk people.

                          I find zero humour in what is going on, but appreciate that we all have different ways in dealing with it.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I went to my favourite pub yesterday, it was busier than usual, everyone was in good spirits with the usual banter going on, I mentioned I will still be playing hockey this week, my mate said if the arenas close it is a very bad sign, they are preparing them to be used as make shift morgues, they all closed today!
                            @gatorTFC

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              In times of crisis the British have always pulled together, humour is just humour so nobody should be falling out, any joke can offend any one person at anytime depending on circumstances.
                              It was only until yesterday I can honestly say I viewed it all as media over reaction, maybe I was burying my head in the sand.
                              Uncertain times ahead that's for sure.
                              My 80 year old mum is in Swindon hospital with cardiac and blood pressure issues. I am frightened to visit in case I have it and don't know, I work in public transport and have contact with staff and public every single day.
                              Time will tell how bad it is or could be.
                              On a separate note I have tickets for 2 of the euro 2020 games, who knows if and when that will ahead.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Breaking news 368 deaths in Italy in 1 day, not good
                                I played sunday league football today.

                                Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                                I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                                We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X