Postponed fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I think clubs will refer to a force majeure situation (pandemic disease) and not refund season tickets. I think real supporters will have no objections to this. Many football clubs will soon find themselves in a desperate situation, and it could be about survival for some of them.
    My brother works in security for fulham , wembley , 02 ... they've all been laid off ( zero hours contracts) , nightclub doormen on tv last night at empty clubs will expect the same , this is really going to hit the poor

Comment

The Chinese should cough up every ones money they caused it.

Comment

So our boys have been given the week off.
        Then Warbs is having them in for 3days, then a day off again before back in for 2.
        Must be difficult to keep them just ticking over.
        Normally you train for games.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          There is no way you can decide to call the league tables as they stand now, as the final positions.
          Teams in the drop zones, will take legal action against the leagues.
          If this does drag on, I can only see one option, and that is to void the season.
          Forget it, pretend it never happened.
          I wonder whether we can reverse the contracts of players back a year?
          We would then be in a better place to offer Eze and others a better contract, and he would still have 2years Left.
          I agree forget it took place - a bit like Pam Ewing's dream in Dallas for those who watched it in the 80s. Tough on Liverpool Leeds etc but great for those who avoid relegation .

Comment

I couldn't give a toss really. I'm more intrigued about situation of players' contracts running out on 1st June and the summer transfer window and how that impacts the final games of this season, which I'm pretty confident won't be completed by June.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              I couldn't give a toss really. I'm more intrigued about situation of players' contracts running out on 1st June and the summer transfer window and how that impacts the final games of this season, which I'm pretty confident won't be completed by June.
              I think if the season is void then the contracts should be backed up a year.
              The season won't be voided though so, everything will just have to be moved forward .
              There was suggestions of starting the next season in January and playing only half the amount of games, so it finishes in the May following

Comment

Is it worth doing a Fulham Match thread

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I think if the season is void then the contracts should be backed up a year.
                  The season won't be voided though so, everything will just have to be moved forward .
                  There was suggestions of starting the next season in January and playing only half the amount of games, so it finishes in the May following
                  I think that's dangerous and from the club's point-of-view, that should only apply if they can stop (or reduce) the pay of the players while games aren't taking place. Extending contracts automatically will mean clubs will have to continue paying players they may not want without the chance to get rid of them or re-negotiate.

Of course, if it's a good comprehensive contract it should include terms for "acts of god" and all that stuff anyway.

Comment

Not sure even with "Acts of God" that could extend a contact beyond the agreed calendar date.

But wait! What if the calendar was extended, much like it was to adopt the Gregorian calendar?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                      Not sure even with "Acts of God" that could extend a contact beyond the agreed calendar date.

But wait! What if the calendar was extended, much like it was to adopt the Gregorian calendar?!!
                      I agree, and I wasn't suggesting that at all. Just that a good contract should have terms that will cover things like this without having to apply a blanket rule like extend all contracts for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree forget it took place - a bit like Pam Ewing's dream in Dallas for those who watched it in the 80s. Tough on Liverpool Leeds etc but great for those who avoid relegation .
                        I thought that was Bobby Ewin in the shower.

Ooo, talking of Bobby Ewin, we should start a thread on that doozy of a classic, The Man From Atlantis.
                        They don't make them like they used to.

In reference to LoftusRoadLad question about a Fulham match thread; why not, maybe a couple of members could setup a Fifa2020 game on PS4 and live stream it for us so we don't continue to annoy our wife's on Saturday's ​​​​​​​
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Comment

No football till 30th April

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              No football till 30th April
                              I doubt very much that it will restart on that date as we are being told 12 weeks. Be lucky if it restarts in the middle of May. I guess that next season will start late and possibly have weekend and midweek fixtures every week in order to finish next season on time for the Euros. I wouldn't be surprised if they postponed next season's League Cup to accommodate this.

Comment

Maybe behind closed doors in 3 months? Even then there's issues about medical cover at game and potential for badly inured players wasting Doctor's time getting fixed up. Ultimately football in NON-ESSENTIAL and cannot be seen to impact on nations fight against the virus.

Comment

Working...
                                X