Postponed fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postponed fixtures

If this mess goes on and the fixtures cannot be rearranged before August, how should next season be organized? Should we decide promotion and relegation based on an incomplete 2019/2020 season (just 3/4 of the season played) or should we simply start the 2020/2021 season as if the 2019/2020 season wasn't played. I don't think the rule book has any clear cut solution to this.

I am quite sure Leeds and WBA will have strong opinions on this, as will all teams in the relegation zone.

I would disregard the 2019/20 season and start next season with the exact same teams as this year - meaning there will be no promotion or relegation by the end of an incomplete season.

To early to say , this can’t carry on for ever , if season restarts in late April then season could run until June . Scrap the euros for a year and start the new season late August . Sill to many ifs buts and maybes to really know .

Comment

Whatever happens it's going to mess a lot of people up , I can't make games in June and will be gutted if we have something to play for

Comment

Think season will have to be written off and just start again in August hopefully as many clubs will be objecting with regard to relegation promotion etc
        Regards champions league and europa league probably the same with one exception Man City if penalty is upheld.

Comment

How do you keep the players fit?
          Especially if they are not allowed to mingle.
          You can't just say to them, take six weeks off then we go again.
          Leeds fans are brickin it the season is going to be voided.
          Of course that wouldn't be fair, but I'm loving their anxiety .
          But I do think you can't just leave things as they are and say, right you two go up automatic.

Comment

Seeing as you're over 75% done, I'd imagine this seasons games will be finished before we start the new season. And if it goes on towards Xmas - maybe just 1 round (23 games) of matches next year?

Comment

The authorities believe the corona thing will peak 10-14 weeks from now, so there it very little chance any matches will be played during the next few months.

I understand supporters of teams such as Liverpool and Leeds think the league table should be final as it stands now, if no further matches can be played. But this will have a number of crazy consequences. Take Man U as an example. Man U is number five and qualifies for Europe if this table should stand. But Sheff U is just two points behind with a game in hand. You can not possible say to Sheff U "too bad guys, we deem Man U better and they will get the chance to earn hundreds of millions in Europe, not you". It is much more fair to start the season over again in August - that treats all clubs equal.

Comment

There is no way you can decide to call the league tables as they stand now, as the final positions.
                Teams in the drop zones, will take legal action against the leagues.
                If this does drag on, I can only see one option, and that is to void the season.
                Forget it, pretend it never happened.
                I wonder whether we can reverse the contracts of players back a year?
                We would then be in a better place to offer Eze and others a better contract, and he would still have 2years Left.

Comment

Bad news everyone, another politician has fallen ill

Diane Abbott has contracted covid 4386....

Comment

Duckworth Lewis method applies. Luckily I am the only person in the world who understands it! I've crunched the numbers and we've pipped Liverpool to the title on GD and Fulham, Leeds and Cardiff are relegated. Right then, what day's the open-top bus parade?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                      The authorities believe the corona thing will peak 10-14 weeks from now, so there it very little chance any matches will be played during the next few months.

I understand supporters of teams such as Liverpool and Leeds think the league table should be final as it stands now, if no further matches can be played. But this will have a number of crazy consequences. Take Man U as an example. Man U is number five and qualifies for Europe if this table should stand. But Sheff U is just two points behind with a game in hand. You can not possible say to Sheff U "too bad guys, we deem Man U better and they will get the chance to earn hundreds of millions in Europe, not you". It is much more fair to start the season over again in August - that treats all clubs equal.
                      Agreed my fellow Northsman. Covid-19 will be here for a while and it won’t be possible to finish this season before August. Actually, if no vaccine, I’m not sure we will be able to start next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Duckworth Lewis method applies. Luckily I am the only person in the world who understands it! I've crunched the numbers and we've pipped Liverpool to the title on GD and Fulham, Leeds and Cardiff are relegated. Right then, what day's the open-top bus parade?
                        Perfect

Comment

Season won't start again ,wat happens if some players say on April 2nd they have it .., then some games will play others won't. It's a mess . Will they give fans back money for STs and match tkts bought in advance ..
                          Club lawyers will be working on how best they can shaft us ...I understand it could skint smaller clubs that still have to pay wages with no money coming thru the turnstiles

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            Season won't start again ,wat happens if some players say on April 2nd they have it .., then some games will play others won't. It's a mess . Will they give fans back money for STs and match tkts bought in advance ..
                            Club lawyers will be working on how best they can shaft us ...I understand it could skint smaller clubs that still have to pay wages with no money coming thru the turnstiles
                            I think clubs will refer to a force majeure situation (pandemic disease) and not refund season tickets. I think real supporters will have no objections to this. Many football clubs will soon find themselves in a desperate situation, and it could be about survival for some of them.

Comment

Until they stop all the players gobbing all over the pitch then rolling about in it yuk ! It aint gonna come back anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X