Playoff chances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post

It's gonna cost me thousands of dollars again but I'll be there!
    The way things are going there won't be any fans there. They'll probably play it at a training facility!

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
      We have nothing to lose - just give it our best and play for a win in every game, then we’ll see.

Give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Let's hope we go all out to try and win every game and see where it takes us .let's start by smashing Barnsley on Saturday and go game to game

Comment

Momentum is everything !!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The way things are going there won't be any fans there. They'll probably play it at a training facility!

Winter is coming but summer will save us.

Comment

Many people seem to miss the point and think having a run against the lower sides is preferable for a playoff push.... Well think about it logically and it's certainly not. Any team fighting for their lives is anything but an easy 3 points, just look at Wigans recent form against top sides to highlight that.

Anyway, that aside, even if they were all 3 point bankers it has no impact on the teams above us we'd be trying to overhaul. In reality if we were to go on a winning run and a late charge, you want to play a number of the teams in that group also fighting for a play off spot because 3 points off them clearly means they'd draw a blank and we'd gain 3 points on them in the table or overtake them, pull away etc. Equally any positive goals scored doubles up as negative for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                Many people seem to miss the point and think having a run against the lower sides is preferable for a playoff push.... Well think about it logically and it's certainly not. Any team fighting for their lives is anything but an easy 3 points, just look at Wigans recent form against top sides to highlight that.

Anyway, that aside, even if they were all 3 point bankers it has no impact on the teams above us we'd be trying to overhaul. In reality if we were to go on a winning run and a late charge, you want to play a number of the teams in that group also fighting for a play off spot because 3 points off them clearly means they'd draw a blank and we'd gain 3 points on them in the table or overtake them, pull away etc. Equally any positive goals scored doubles up as negative for them.
                Of the seven teams above us fighting for 6th we are only due to play one of them, Millwall at home.

Comment

We're not ready to go up but getting into the play off's would be good money.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    We're not ready to go up but getting into the play off's would be good money.
                    Sometimes in life if its bad you have to accept it.

Sometimes in life if its great grasp it with both hands.

We will probably never be ready,but personally not worried about prem status but the money would secure the clubs future and we may even stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Sometimes in life if its bad you have to accept it.

Sometimes in life if its great grasp it with both hands.

We will probably never be ready,but personally not worried about prem status but the money would secure the clubs future and we may even stay up.
                      You don’t have to be old to be wise, but you Sir is both old and wise.

Comment

Could easily go back to our 2 wins in 10 form (Mid Dec to Mid Feb) so I'll just be happy if we are still 6 points off the PO at the end of the season !

Comment

I just hope the players don't think the season is over and play without any urgency, desire and spirit. If they put 100% effort into winning games they can get to within touching distance of the play offs, but I don't expect to finish in the top 6 because this team is just as capable of losing as they are winning and will I expect, lose at least 3 of the last 9.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

You don’t have to be old to be wise, but you Sir is both old and wise.
                            Thanks for your very kind comment Swede

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Could easily go back to our 2 wins in 10 form (Mid Dec to Mid Feb) so I'll just be happy if we are still 6 points off the PO at the end of the season !
                              Could easily go unbeaten also

Comment

I can't see remaining fixtures being completed with this Coronavirus breakout. Be interesting to see how they resolve promotion/relegation issues if it does happen.

Be hilarious if all ups/downs were cancelled!

Comment

Working...
                                X