No announcement yet.

Playoff chances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice for sure, and obviously nothing is impossible 6 points off with plenty to play for, but obviously unlikely unless we have a monumental run as other teams in the mix will have good runs too. That said, this season was about restructuring, stabilising and consolidation. The fact we've done that and then some with some great football, plenty of goals and many games to spare is a huge credit to Warburton and his staff as well as the players, many who came in on frees with something to prove.

If we can continue to progress for next season then it's all good.

Comment

We have nothing to lose - just give it our best and play for a win in every game, then we’ll see.

Give it a go!

Comment

It would be disastrous if we went up. I suppose losing in play-off final would be best option cos we'd bank £4 or £5 million. I doubt we'll finish in top half of the table though so it's all moot.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          It would be disastrous if we went up. I suppose losing in play-off final would be best option cos we'd bank £4 or £5 million. I doubt we'll finish in top half of the table though so it's all moot.
          Given our financial state obviously it would be far from disastrous to go up!!

It would be if we hadn't learned from past mistakes, but having had knuckles properly wrapped we wouldnt go down that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Given our financial state obviously it would be far from disastrous to go up!!

It would be if we hadn't learned from past mistakes, but having had knuckles properly wrapped we wouldnt go down that road.
            Yeah, one season with relegation parachute payments would bring in circa £250m over four seasons. Plus being able to keep Eze and BOS and then sell them as premiership standard players, so their value would go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Totally agree with you,not impossible and no reason why we shouldn't have a go but very unlikely .
              I'd be delighted if we finished in 12th place
              I agree but most teams that hit 6th place get 70-75 points.

To get 6th we'll need 7W 1D 1L from the remaining 9 games.

Comment

Even though 6 points back doesn't seem like a lot especially in the decent form we're in I just think given our goal difference and teams between us and 6th it's unrealistic, of course we should have a right go at winning every match, there's nothing to lose! As for getting promoted, I would love another trip to Wembley and would tolerate a season in the EPL just for the parachute payments!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Its just a wild guess, but if we did somehow gather enough points to get 6th place, our goal difference would improve commensurately. And, given the teams between us and sixth would have to go on losing streaks, their goal differences would suffer by comparison, so goal difference may not be quite the handicap we might imagine.

But its all hypothetical, of course.

It would be lovely to see, and we should be seeking to improve our position, but I don't see 6th as being attainable.

Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    It would be nice for sure, and obviously nothing is impossible 6 points off with plenty to play for, but obviously unlikely unless we have a monumental run as other teams in the mix will have good runs too. That said, this season was about restructuring, stabilising and consolidation. The fact we've done that and then some with some great football, plenty of goals and many games to spare is a huge credit to Warburton and his staff as well as the players, many who came in on frees with something to prove.

If we can continue to progress for next season then it's all good.

Comment

Blimey would want to be in the trenches with you lot or on a night out.....................we're doomed

Comment

I think we're in for a chance.. the team has turned a corner.

See you at Wembley

Comment

Originally posted by MaidaValeRanger View Post
                          I think we're in for a chance.. the team has turned a corner.

See you at Wembley
                          It's gonna cost me thousands of dollars again but I'll be there!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

It's a big ask but of the teams above us PNE, Bristol city, Cardiff, Blackburn and Swansea are all out of form. Only Millwall and Derby are picking up points.

Comment

I would just love it to sneak in them but in reality, 7 points as is required, is a big ask to make at this stage of the season and if there is a team who will sneak in, you know it will be Wayne Rooneys Derby County who do so. We have been just that bit too inconsistent sadly, those home games v Swansea, Brentford, Forest, Boro, Charlton, Bristol City are the ones to cost us, as another 4 points from that lot and we would have had a fantastic chance looking at our fixtures to come. Top 10 though will be an acheivement in itself remembering we were actually only above Luton and Barnsley in the relegation odds at the start of the season.

Comment

Let's hope we go all out to try and win every game and see where it takes us .let's start by smashing Barnsley on Saturday and go game to game

Comment

Working...
                                X