QPR Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klonk View Post

Guess Clive is looking at the operating loss (ie with no profit or loss from player sales). Long term this is the more important number.
    But not as far as FFP is concerned. Of course a net profit on player sales get accounted for FFP

Comment

How much of a tax rebate do we get then ? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

But not as far as FFP is concerned. Of course a net profit on player sales get accounted for FFP
        Yeah clearly... but as a fan, i want us to reach a point where we don‘t need to sell our best players every summer and that means having operating profit before player sales within £13m every year. Not quite there yet... still probably need to cut some more costs to bridge gap between reduction in parachute payments and further wage bill reductions since these accounts, but what hoos, les and co have achieved is still very impressive imo.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

Yeah clearly... but as a fan, i want us to reach a point where we don‘t need to sell our best players every summer and that means having operating profit before player sales within £13m every year. Not quite there yet... still probably need to cut some more costs to bridge gap between reduction in parachute payments and further wage bill reductions since these accounts, but what hoos, les and co have achieved is still very impressive imo.
          Championship clubs get around £7m from the sky deal and we took £5.5m in ticket sales. Even with televised add ons and marketing etc surely we will struggle to get revenue over £18m

If you 25 players on the stated £11k average the wage bill alone is £14m. Then you have other costs.

It will be a minor miracle for us to breakeven without player sales whilst staying in the championship I think. It would need players to be on £7k a week average which will be a hard ask in this league

Comment

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...–-column

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Championship clubs get around £7m from the sky deal and we took £5.5m in ticket sales. Even with televised add ons and marketing etc surely we will struggle to get revenue over £18m

If you 25 players on the stated £11k average the wage bill alone is £14m. Then you have other costs.

It will be a minor miracle for us to breakeven without player sales whilst staying in the championship I think. It would need players to be on £7k a week average which will be a hard ask in this league
              I don‘t disagree.

but still.... clivelfw is right to look at operaing profit.

...and even if we never manage to get to a position where we don’t need to sell our best players every year, at least we’re not in a position where we need to sell all of our best players and still be absolutely flucked. And we should be happy with that... given the other possible outcomes.

Comment

Good read. Light at the end of the tunnel for us. Hope the teams cooking their books at the minute and get the punishment for it

Comment

A really good, and quite encouraging read. Clearly spells out where the accounts are at. Thanks for the link...

Comment

Working...
                  X