Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on new Training Ground and Stadium

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...dium-1-6529090

Les Ferdinand says that work on QPR's new training ground will have "definitely" started by the beginning of the 2021/22 season.

August 2021 then as a start?

Comment

Hope this will be the start of something good for the future of our club.

Things can only get better.

Comment

that's another 18 months ,so could be finished by 2024
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

At this rate I will probably be suffering from dementia and wondering what new training facility
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Difficult to know what he means. Complete by the start of the 2021 season or started?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              At this rate I will probably be suffering from dementia and wondering what new training facility
              Surely we all suffer from it? We are QPR after all!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...dium-1-6529090

Les Ferdinand says that work on QPR's new training ground will have "definitely" started by the beginning of the 2021/22 season.
                Pinch of salt

Comment

Can't tell from that if we'll be starting in 18 months time or have it finished in time for 21-22 season ?

Surely it can't be so tricky to build that 'ecological testing' is going to take 18 months ?

It's not as if we're building a stadium there

Comment

During this endless saga I've forgotten what the importance of a new training ground is? In my mind, it's like fitting a Bang & Olufsen sound system into a Robin Reliant but maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture????

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Pinch of salt

This.

Believe it when I see it.

So far TF has been full of nothing but talk and hot air.

Comment

Who calls the shots these days? i think you'll find TF has melted away.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                          Who calls the shots these days? i think you'll find TF has melted away.
                          Backed off while Air Asia is investigated for fraud.
                          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Been watching Sunderland til I die on Netflix - fly-on-the-wall docuseries on Netflix. Quite a good watch.
                            Anyway, you get to see their magnificent stadium, offices, academy and training/medical facilities - all top notch and fantastic. I suspect they must have amongst the best you can get.
                            Thing is, despite that first class set-up the team is totally garbage and the players are useless. It starkly illustrates that a fancy training ground is NOT a panacea or magic bullet for success. Sure, given a choice of rundown clapped out training ground or state of the art facilities anyone would prefer the latter. However, if money is tight I'm not convinced a new training ground would be first item on my list of ways to improve a team..... I'd spend the cash on actual player contracts and coaches.

Comment

I don't agree abs. I think location is a massive issue for Sunderland. Bloody awful place to live and allot of player Chris martin and others choose London based clubs. Agree facilities were top notch but living in Sunderland even with plenty of money doesn't excite players so massive difference to us.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X