Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Correction , you can’t make players sign contracts . He will no doubt have his agent in his ear telling him how much he has improved over the last few months and how he can earn more elsewhere. Negotiations have been ongoing for a while now , the player holds all the cards right now hence why we should sell if he hasn’t extended his contract by this summer . By the way we have an option to extend by one year so he is effectively under contract until summer 2021 .

Totally agree with you, but our management team behind the scenes have shown they have very little negotiation savvy and will most likely let it drag on until we have next to no options, or they will sell in the summer for a fraction of the going rate. Top rated Championship players are going for over £20m nowadays and have for a few windows, even defenders, yet QPR will most likely entertain pitiful bids around £10m for the likes of Eze and BOS which is ludicrous. But our management are stupid enough to think they're getting a good deal for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Totally agree with you, but our management team behind the scenes have shown they have very little negotiation savvy and will most likely let it drag on until we have next to no options, or they will sell in the summer for a fraction of the going rate. Top rated Championship players are going for over £20m nowadays and have for a few windows, even defenders, yet QPR will most likely entertain pitiful bids around £10m for the likes of Eze and BOS which is ludicrous. But our management are stupid enough to think they're getting a good deal for the club.
      To fair to the club I think you are talking about the likes of Freeman , furlong , Luongo , smithies etc. Leaving for not massive fees .The video released by the club a few days ago explains we were not selling on our terms due to ffp . I think we are better placed from now on to demand higher fees but I guess for some fans it will still be seen as not enough.I would also say Eze and Chair have already signed deals so we must be doing something right .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

To fair to the club I think you are talking about the likes of Freeman , furlong , Luongo , smithies etc. Leaving for not massive fees .The video released by the club a few days ago explains we were not selling on our terms due to ffp . I think we are better placed from now on to demand higher fees but I guess for some fans it will still be seen as not enough.I would also say Eze and Chair have already signed deals so we must be doing something right .

Yeah good point. The best thing for us is we clearly have a good eye for young talent with potential and they are getting their chance to shine and long may that continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Yeah good point. The best thing for us is we clearly have a good eye for young talent with potential and they are getting their chance to shine and long may that continue.
          It’s a tricky one with young players Paul Smyth burst on the scene and everyone thinks he’s a world beater , truth is he will probably never make it at this level . This time last season Lumley was getting rave reviews, he gets a new contract and now we can’t give him away . Manning was out on loan this time last year and seemed to have no future here and Bos rarely got a game . So all in all it’s a bit of a gamble regarding young players and long contracts.

Comment

The most entertaining home game this season

Comment

Great Picture

EQ2Uf2eU4AA77gy?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Imagine all those three pictured above saying no to being split up next season. Would it be possible to still buy a few players and continue to build a better team? Ideally, we have to sell at least one of them, but anyway..
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Imagine all those three pictured above saying no to being split up next season. Would it be possible to still buy a few players and continue to build a better team? Ideally, we have to sell at least one of them, but anyway..
                  I'm no expert on this, but it would depend on their wage demands. I'd imagine if they were moderate, and with the bad third year dropping out of the FFP reckoning, I would have thought there could be a little "wiggle" room to get a few modest signings in.

But i'd leave it to those better informed.

Comment

Just imagine if we could afford to keep that trio for the next 5 years .....dream on

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I'm no expert on this, but it would depend on their wage demands. I'd imagine if they were moderate, and with the bad third year dropping out of the FFP reckoning, I would have thought there could be a little "wiggle" room to get a few modest signings in.

But i'd leave it to those better informed.

Wages. I think that`s the keyword... Most probably they would want a huge pay rise..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

anything exciting happen on 19/2/2010 ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          Just imagine if we could afford to keep that trio for the next 5 years .....dream on
                          I would rather see them all go in the summer for £35-40m than see them run down their contracts. To see them go for £5m each in the last year of their contracts would be heartbreaking. I can hear the Les out statements now!!

Comment

Control thrown at the wall tv off. Just #### off Stoke you deserve to get relegated. Dreadful defending. Shoot the lot of them.

2 of their players making our 11 look like mugs that they are

We're lucky to still be in the game,QPR should be out of sight

Radio stoke commentary is eze Samuel eze Samuel where the #### are we ####ing hell

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...#ixzz6E7d9L64H

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...#ixzz6E7ckI7bF

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...#ixzz6E7cUjMGR

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/...#ixzz6E7a7Zhca
                            Last edited by LoftusRoadLad; 16-02-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Just read some of their rubbish , fact is they never put their heart and soul into it when we got back to 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                You never know what kind of Ball, Mastererson freebies the club have their eye on.

Comment

Working...
                                X