X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP

Man City banned from Europe for 2 seasons about time
    You Rsssssss

Pep to bail by saying hes tired and needs a break.

Comment

Ha that's ####all, QPR been outta European competition for decades....
      ####in double standards again.....
      Big boys always get favorable decisions

Comment

May as well fined then £10

Ffp is not a fair system if qpr had same revenue income as Preston our wage bill will always be higher due to cost of living difference

pep will wave off end of season year out and roll up in Italy

Comment

How does the football league justify our 42m fine when UEFA only dish out 25m . 25m is less than what they spend on drink at the xmas party. And 42m has ruined us

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            May as well fined then £10

Ffp is not a fair system if qpr had same revenue income as Preston our wage bill will always be higher due to cost of living difference

pep will wave off end of season year out and roll up in Italy
            No he will be back at Barcelona

Comment

Here we go again. The £42m fine (if that's what it was) hasn't ruined us, the owners have said they'll pay it, and it doesn't count for FFP.

What's caused us (ahem) difficulties is spending beyond our means in previous seasons in the full knowledge of FFP requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
                How does the football league justify our 42m fine when UEFA only dish out 25m . 25m is less than what they spend on drink at the xmas party. And 42m has ruined us
                We never got a fine of £42m. It is strange that this misinformation seems to pop up again and again. We were fined £17m and had to pay FAs legal costs of £3m, so totally £20m. Moreover, we are allowed to pay it based on interest free installments over 10 years so the net present value isn't more than £15-16m, depending on what discount factor is used.

On top of this the owners were asked to convert some debt to equity, but that is something they have done over and over again anyway and it would had to be done independent of any decision by FA and can not be considered a penalty and not even a cost.

More importantly, the penalty does not count towards future FFP calculations, so has absolutely no impact on the clubs financial situation or our present financial restrictions.

All in all I think we have nothing to complain about. However, what is annoying is that other clubs seems to get away with selling their stadiums at inflated prices to cover over their FFP breaches. However, it will come back and haunt them every single future season as they have to pay annual rent for the stadium which limits their future maneuvering inside the FFP boundaries.

When it comes to Man City the tiny penalty of £25m is not what matters. I agree it should have been at least ten times bigger, but it is nevertheless peanut money for sheikhs. It the exclusion from the Champion League that hurts. Man City will now find it increasingly hard to attract the best players, as these players will not consider signing for Man City due to the club not playing in Champion League. Some of the existing players will want to move on for the same reason. Once the revenue from Champions League will not materialize, the FFP rules means that Man Cities transfer budget will be severely affected. Look at Man U - cannot sign the best players, simply because potential new signings don't find Man U attractive enough as long as Champions League is not a certainty and because the club doesn't earn enough any longer to really compete with the best. I would not be surprised if Man City drops out of top 4 next year as a result of this. It can be the end of Man City as one of Europe's top clubs. That's the real penalty.

Comment

Surely that fine must really embarrass the Premier League? Bit much it takes a bunch of continental blazers to bring Citeh to book, kind of suggests the Premier League are content with their Mickey taking "sponsorship" arrangements and overt financial doping.

Comment

Summing up, football has been ruined by money TV, over analysis of every decision, look at wolves disallowed goal last night.
                    I'd take back 3 matches on MOTD on a Saturday night and the regionalised big match on Sunday.
                    Fa Cup ruined, league Cup considered a joke by prem clubs.
                    Football tourists paying daft money to watch prem games in London Manchester and Liverpool.
                    It all started with the birth of champions league which was born to create revenue and nothing else, then came sky. Setanta sports, bt sport and now even Premier sports, all want your cash.
                    Having said all of the that the goal for all championship clubs is the prem.

In a strange way I envy lower leagues, match day as it used to be and should be.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                      Summing up, football has been ruined by money TV, over analysis of every decision, look at wolves disallowed goal last night.
                      I'd take back 3 matches on MOTD on a Saturday night and the regionalised big match on Sunday.
                      Fa Cup ruined, league Cup considered a joke by prem clubs.
                      Football tourists paying daft money to watch prem games in London Manchester and Liverpool.
                      It all started with the birth of champions league which was born to create revenue and nothing else, then came sky. Setanta sports, bt sport and now even Premier sports, all want your cash.
                      Having said all of the that the goal for all championship clubs is the prem.

In a strange way I envy lower leagues, match day as it used to be and should be.
                      The championship is a great league and I'm happy for us to stay there if we can sell the odd player to balance the books. My only thought about promotion is the money it would generate, which isn't what promotion should be about.

Comment

Raheem might be coming home !!
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

I will enjoy seeing their crowds dwindle, glory hunting whankers.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The championship is a great league and I'm happy for us to stay there if we can sell the odd player to balance the books. My only thought about promotion is the money it would generate, which isn't what promotion should be about.
                            You have to be ambitious though otherwise motivation goes out the window.
                            I think football is at a huge crossroads at the moment in terms of FFP, money,fans value for money,var which is crazy in its present form,players wages,contracts,standing areas,fit and proper people,corruption,drug use the list is endless.

The authorities throughout the world at national and international level need to get a grip

Comment

Sky money has ruined football , you only need to watch Jim White on transfer deadline day with his yellow tie , jacking himself off something silly about the millions being spent.

Comment

Working...
                              X