Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I apologize for using the word "soccer" (it's owing to my American roots in the game).

    With all due honor to Rangers fans, and their years of disappointments, right now it seems we simply are not good -- and clearly nowhere near where we were going into December.

    Why do we have such horrid finishes to seasons?

    Why does early promise always seem to give away to later on failure.

    Our position in the table, as has been the case for nearly five years now, is fully deserved.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      I apologize for using the word "soccer" (it's owing to my American roots in the game).
      Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

      With all due honor to Rangers fans, and their years of disappointments, right now it seems we simply are not good -- and clearly nowhere near where we were going into December.

      Why do we have such horrid finishes to seasons?

      Why does early promise always seem to give away to later on failure.

      Our position in the table, as has been the case for nearly five years now, is fully deserved.
      You are excused for using the term, I let it slip once in awhile from being a football fan in Canada, people in the UK probably don't understand that often we have to use that term to differentiate between the beautiful game and gridiron here in North America!
      @gatorTFC

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by gator View Post
        [B]

        You are excused for using the term, I let it slip once in awhile from being a football fan in Canada, people in the UK probably don't understand that often we have to use that term to differentiate between the beautiful game and gridiron here in North America!
        Its Q.P.R.F.C NOT Q.P.R.S.C no matter where your from just remember that lol

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

          I can't take any comment seriously if it refers to soccer.
          Same here, the game is called Football.
          I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gator View Post
            [B]

            You are excused for using the term, I let it slip once in awhile from being a football fan in Canada, people in the UK probably don't understand that often we have to use that term to differentiate between the beautiful game and gridiron here in North America!
            Let them get confused.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              What I wanted from my team tonight was a positive reaction to Saturdays defeat . I feel I got that , dominant away from home against a play off chasing team , yes we should have won but they didn’t have a shot on target . To come on here and have a Boring rant is unfair on the lads tonight in my opinion.
              I agree, and last night made a good watch in that respect. It was so good to see how well we were organised, but on the other hand, we could also easily have lost. With another ref, Swansea could have had two penalities, fairly or not, given. Players I thought were outstanding were Kelly, Barbet, Manning, Cameron and BOS. Ball struggled a bit, and Hugill was clumpsy in front of goal, but I think he helped out the midfield on numerous times. Hence I would give him kudos for adding to the solid collective team display this time.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

              Comment


              • #22
                We needed to stop the rot of away defeats. We achieved that with a fairly pragmatic and dogged performance against a very poor side. Swansea seem to have set a new record for the earliest ever a team as donned their flip-flops and gone into "on the beach" mode. But, you can only play the opposition that's in front of you and we kept them out with Kelly not really making a real save all game.
                But..... Their keeper (who looked nervous and dodgy to me) was barely tested either. I recall a BOS effort their goalie had to block at near post from an acute angle but that was it wasn't it? It's all well and good flooding the middle and stifling their play but we have to show more threat up front, particular as Swans want to play out from back but are apparently worse than we are at doing it.
                All in all a small step in the right direction and maybe a blueprint for how to approach away matches for rest of season. A point away is always going to be an acceptable return..... It's no use playing expansively on the road and heroically losing all the time. Losing ugly is unacceptable, drawing ugly is just about okay.

                Comment


                • #23
                  It`s only a few weeks since we lost Wells and I feel that it has affected the players very much. BOS is one of them... It`s now up to Clarke, Oteh and a more focused Hugill to do their best to fill that gap, in one way or the other.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It was a hard watch,pretty dire match .
                    that said,considering our position it was a good point

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Coming off a run of defeats and with our record of clean sheets (lack of) I'm happy enough. What it showed was discipline and belief. We dominated a decent side away and made them look poor.

                      The lack of a clinical striker is frustrating but we all know our situation. Strikers cost a lot of money and we have none. As I said previously if we have a loan striker who does well he will in all likelihood be taken off us. Nothing we can do about that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Coming off a run of defeats and with our record of clean sheets (lack of) I'm happy enough. What it showed was discipline and belief. We dominated a decent side away and made them look poor.

                        The lack of a clinical striker is frustrating but we all know our situation. Strikers cost a lot of money and we have none. As I said previously if we have a loan striker who does well he will in all likelihood be taken off us. Nothing we can do about that.
                        I wonder if Burnley have said a thanks and here is a wad of notes ? If Wells flopped here would they have got the sale ?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd quite happily take a very boring 1-0 over relegation battling (and one of our biggest rivals) Stoke this Saturday.
                          a must not lose game at the very least .

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            What I wanted from my team tonight was a positive reaction to Saturdays defeat . I feel I got that , dominant away from home against a play off chasing team , yes we should have won but they didn’t have a shot on target . To come on here and have a Boring rant is unfair on the lads tonight in my opinion.

                            I agree, nut I also understand the comments about Eze and Hugill.

                            When was the last time that Eze had a game that he could honestly say was a good one for him? He has a lot of ability and we just have not seen enough of it over the last 8 games or so. It is a bit like last season.

                            Hugill had at least 2 good chances in that game, especially the 1st half in on goal and he put it over the bar. He needs to be clinical given that QPR are not creating that many chances and always likely to concede at least 2 per game.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X